Dublin - Vicar Street (July 16, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Our Frank / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2009 we had set lists like this:

The Loop
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
This Charming Man
Let Me Kiss You
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
Black Cloud
Teenage Dad on His Estate
Cemetry Gates
Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Death at One's Elbow
Ask
When Last I Spoke to Carol
Is It Really So Strange?
Ganglord
Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice
How Soon Is Now?
That doesn't look better than the current set list to me.

I was at some of the shows around this time:

Much better than the show I saw in 2017. While it was amazing to hear William, Break up the Family, Dial-a-Cliche, and Hold On to Your Friends... there will always be a fair amount of stinkers in the mix. Not sure why it has to be that way.

Has anyone got a link to the Bowie video used in pre show video montage ? Thanks

Camila:

camgrey-17072023-0003.jpg

It's true!

CDt-Sk-K5-Wg-AEf-PSH.jpg
Ryan, that actually IS a sad face of leather, more grumpy id say tho. Thanks for really making me laugh today.
Unable to go to the Troxy on Saturday now due to the train strike, so thank you for making me laugh mate 👍
Update, now got a lift! 😁 Happy days

Last edited:
seemserene-18072023-0003.jpg
seemserene-18072023-0004.jpg
seemserene-18072023-0001.jpg
seemserene-18072023-0002.jpg

Seemserene IG.

Fantastic review, my friend!! The gig sounded pretty good from the reports coming in, but you've pretty much nailed what appears to have been a great night for artist and audience. He seems to have really been enjoying himself, judging by the video clips, as indeed do an enthralled crowd.
As you know, I would have to disagree that ANY version of '...Around Paris...' could ever be described as 'exquisite', but I'll take your word for it on this occasion.
With him not playing any Scottish dates on this tour(so far), your review, and the photos and videos posted here are probably about as close as I'm going to get, so lang may yer lum reek, wan ten deffo :thumb:

As for the pre-show clips; Dana Gillespie was David Bowie's girlfriend for most of the second half of the 1960s. He co-wrote and produced a couple of her albums in the late 60s(which are quite wonderful and worth seeking out), as are most of the albums she made up until the mid 70s when she became more a straightforward Blues singer.
She made an appearance, while only 17, in a weird film called 'Secrets Of A Windmill Girl':

'Playground Twist' is easily my favourite Siouxsie song. Looks amazing on the big screen with the crowd.

It looks like he's shaken the pre-show and backdrop images up a bit, as there had been a bit too much NY Dolls and Coronation Street of late.

So, glad you had a great night. Meanwhile I'm sat twiddling my thumbs, hoping Frankly, The Smiths will announce another Falkirk date some time soon:ha-no::clap::sunglasses:

Gillespie had a cracking chest. Bit rough these days but such is time.

Gillespie had a cracking chest. Bit rough these days but such is time.
Yeah, have to agree with you Stephen, even if does mean we err on the side of the sexist🤫 She is 10 years older than Morrissey though, and likewise clearly hasn't had any work done(nor should she). But I think if I'd been around at the time I would have been a huge fan of hers....even though I am anyway:)

Yeah, have to agree with you Stephen, even if does mean we err on the side of the sexist🤫 She is 10 years older than Morrissey though, and likewise clearly hasn't had any work done(nor should she). But I think if I'd been around at the time I would have been a huge fan of hers....even though I am anyway:)
Love the T-shirt btw

Back
Top Bottom