Edinburgh

Mixed up my replies....

Everyday, where is the David Bann restaurant? The ONLY place i eat in edinburgh is the potato shop... and i'd very much like to expand that culinary experience *although the wee tattie shop is excellent*

PS: I LOVE taxi drivers - UK wide - they always have great chat and funny stories to share whilst they rob you of your hard earned cash! tee hee.

Me and Mrs F went to David Bann a few months ago. It was fabulous, if a little pricey.

P.

It is. Most people that work in a restaurant today know how dangerous a nut allergy is and that someone who is allergic can die within 15 mins if they get exposed to it. This was an indian restaurant and allready when we ordered I understood that they didn't understand, they didn't speak that good english, so I should have trusted my instinct and just left. I took two bites of the food and I could just feel how my lips and tongue started to swell.

Is Glasgow bigger then Edinburgh?

Remind me to NEVER invite you for tea... that's too scary... I often lie to restauranteurs that i have a dairy intolerance just to make sure my food is vegan... but a reaction like that kind of puts my wee ploys into perspective... so dangerous. Glad you're okay.

Jackie, i'm only really familiar with the wee second hand stores of Edinburgh...i don't know much about its residential lands... I think they both have places of interest that are more sprawled out and off the beaten track... but i just don't know those places in Edinburgh.

Me and Mrs F went to David Bann a few months ago. It was fabulous, if a little pricey.

P.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Uncleskinny... I keep hearing about this place... where is it?? Does it cater for Vegans.... just how scarily pricy are we talking... would they let in a scruffy student (not me - Mr Nightie is the scruff)? :confused:

Meant to add... love your new Avatar!!

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed yourself Uncleskinny... I keep hearing about this place... where is it?? Does it cater for Vegans.... just how scarily pricy are we talking... would they let in a scruffy student (not me - Mr Nightie is the scruff)? :confused:

Meant to add... love your new Avatar!!

I think it was about £70, but then we did sup a fair bit of booze too. It's down a street off the North Bridge - hang on....here. Although it was heaving the night we went, the service was excellent. And the food was top-notch, and 100% animal-free. As for the avatar - that's 18 years ago. And in Edinburgh - we played a gig at the Unemployed Workers Centre, which I think closed down soon after.

P.

Last edited:
Remind me to NEVER invite you for tea... that's too scary... I often lie to restauranteurs that i have a dairy intolerance just to make sure my food is vegan... but a reaction like that kind of puts my wee ploys into perspective... so dangerous. Glad you're okay.

Jackie, i'm only really familiar with the wee second hand stores of Edinburgh...i don't know much about its residential lands... I think they both have places of interest that are more sprawled out and off the beaten track... but i just don't know those places in Edinburgh.

When I have my epipen I'm normally not that worried. It's an autoinjector with adrenaline, so if I would get sick at least I know I will survive long enough for the ambulance to get there. I still suffer from an afterreaction from it, despite the fact that it's 2 weeks since it happend. I still have rashes on my legs that's itching like hell. I take medicine every 4th hour for it still. I have to wake up in the night to take it. It can last up to 3 weeks so hopefully it will be gone in a week. I'm actually getting paranoid from talking about it, feels like my arm is starting to itch.

Awe go on!!!!! I saw it on facebook - you were a honey (obviously you still are, but oh, the first flourish of youth:))

Ignore the sweaty pits. It was a long day. I think.

25p7536.jpg

2efn8et.jpg

2mhc2zo.jpg

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I won't do it again Madam, I promise.

P.

P.

Hi Uncleskinny,

We've been there about four times now and every time we laugh about how cheap it is. It's a top quality restaurant and if you compare it's prices with places like the Witchery, it's a bargain. Although we also love the Witchery but then we don't mind paying for quality dining. It is one of our vices :D

Every time we go time to Edinburgh, David Bann's is a must.

Hi Uncleskinny,

We've been there about four times now and every time we laugh about how cheap it is. It's a top quality restaurant and if you compare it's prices with places like the Witchery, it's a bargain. Although we also love the Witchery but then we don't mind paying for quality dining. It is one of our vices :D

Every time we go time to Edinburgh, David Bann's is a must.

Well, I'm used to Halifax prices. We were talking today about going back again. What is this Witchery place of which you speak?

P.

Here's some of the pics I took in Edinburgh during one of the ghost walks we went for under the royal mile!

73186_444965096450_680566450_5435396_4864873_n.jpg

That's actually me.

74685_444966111450_680566450_5435415_2838685_n.jpg

A wiccan temple that's being used today.

33560_444967191450_680566450_5435453_7896370_n.jpg

This is a circle that's being haunted by a poltergeist. The coven that has a temple in the next room used to have a temple in this room but they closed it down because there was just to much creepy stuff going on in there.

Well, I'm used to Halifax prices. We were talking today about going back again. What is this Witchery place of which you speak?

P.

Hi P.

The Witchery is at the top of the Royal Mile:

http://www.thewitchery.com/intro.html

They have two restaurants, the Witchery dining room which is traditional, formal style or my favourite the Secret Garden which used to be a school playground, if I remember correctly. It's the same menu for both. Booking is def. recommended.

Here's some of the pics I took in Edinburgh during one of the ghost walks we went for under the royal mile!

73186_444965096450_680566450_5435396_4864873_n.jpg

That's actually me.

74685_444966111450_680566450_5435415_2838685_n.jpg

A wiccan temple that's being used today.

33560_444967191450_680566450_5435453_7896370_n.jpg

This is a circle that's being haunted by a poltergeist. The coven that has a temple in the next room used to have a temple in this room but they closed it down because there was just to much creepy stuff going on in there.

So thats actually you eh??are you disfigured or something?

In that picture I actually do a bit, that's true. It's from spending the night in the hospital taking cortisone.

If you beg nicely I will. I've actually showed pics of myself to other members here, I've even MEET people from this forum in London.

Its ok honey,you can remain a mystery to me.

You've actually meet them? Wow!Who have you meeted?

Back
Top Bottom