Morrissey Central "ELIZABETH ANNE DWYER" (August 8, 2020)

Born Holles Street Hospital, Dublin, in
winter months.

Unknown-1_elgqpc.jpg

ELIZABETH ANNE DWYER

"With this broken voice I beseech you, my friends, to offer prayers of hope and prayers of intercession for the recovery of Elizabeth Anne Dwyer, who is my mother, who is in trouble, and who is the sole reason for all the good and motivational things in my life. I ask particularly my friends in Chile, Mexico, Italy, Peru, Paraguay, Brazil, the United States, Ecuador, Israel and Ireland to offer their prayers for Elizabeth - for she is all I have, and our collective pleas of petition might wake the sleeping gods.
She is me, and without her vahaan koee kal hal … there is no tomorrow. I ask no more of you… for there could be no more to ask."

Steven Patrick Francis Morrissey.

8 August 2020.

20200808_134354.jpg

Nothing but positive thoughts.
FWD.

Media items:

I’m Buddhist. I see the divine in the processes afforded by difference.

It’s incredibly reductive, and very post-Christian, to suppose it’s the same God being worshipped. Yours is a very Western perspective: consistent with the awful and disingenuous French idea of laïcité.

God(s) answer the needs of different communities and change in accordance with changing needs.

I’ve been engaged in, and learnt much from, both Jewish and Christian contexts of worship. It’s definitely not the same God being deferred to.

So Catholicism is wrong then?

The Pope would have good reason to say that. As I’ve said, it’s a very (post) Christian perspective; one which answers a Christian need for omnipresence.

Go speak to an Imam and a Rabbi, then come back.

I don’t need to I have read many similar papers by Imams and Rabbis that state it is the same god, the god of Abraham. None of them dispute this bug please post where this has been stated as not the god of Abraham?

So Catholicism is wrong then?

It may depend on who believes in it.

Is the individual mentally well or not.

Any faith can either be helpful or it can be twisted and used as an excuse to cause violence towards others.

Without wishing to prolong this agony, the point is not whether Catholicism is wrong.

Doesn't matter if it is wrong. As long as it is True.

Or rather, and excuse me Father, true to you

:tiphat:

First tabloid mention.

í think if anything is happening to anyone anywhere, and that anyone is Irish born, it warrants a story...

And the origin of war and unrest can be traced back to religion :thumb:

🇬🇧:knife:

Just look at the religious squabble I’ve caused on here with the above comment :clap:
With so little effort and so little time.
I rest my case. :thumb:

May God bless you all. (But not your God. My God. Because my God is better than your God)

Commence fighting :popcorn:

So are you saying there is more than one god? That would have got you burnt once upon a time.

Theologically they are the same god and the religions are different practices of worshiping the same god
o_O Did I see someone wave to you and hear all of them say 'Laugh' in one sentence? :crazy:

It may depend on who believes in it.

Is the individual mentally well or not.

Any faith can either be helpful or it can be twisted and used as an excuse to cause violence towards others.

Yes but that is human choice and not part of the faith they are supposed to be following, violence is condemned by the religious leaders of all Abrahamic religions

Maybe but in said bible the first war is mentioned in Exodus and is the war of the golden calf and has nothing to do with bread.

I can't believe Benny the rUK Butcher managed to start a debate - but the calf is beside the point. Genesis mentions warriors & the first known wars were in Mesopotamia.

20200810_191634.jpg

I feel guilty that we've strayed. So - more thoughts & prayers for Elizabeth.

36105161e070ae667755d9740b0ed254.jpg

Without wishing to prolong this agony, the point is not whether Catholicism is wrong.

Doesn't matter if it is wrong. As long as it is True.

Or rather, and excuse me Father, true to you

:tiphat:

Well according to the laws of non contradiction either all the Abrahamic religions worship the same god or none of them do.

They all believe that only one god exists which is why most scholars on all sides of this debate state they all worship the same god otherwise they would have to denounce the god of the other religions as false gods.

And since there are links in each of these religions’ sacred texts they pretty much conclude they are linked by the same god of Abraham. To not do so would cause way to much grief for all involved and when people try to reconcile and bring peace saying they all worship the same god is far better than saying the Islamic god is false and vice versa.

It would be fundamentally unchristian to tell Muslims they worship a false god ergo same god.

I can't believe Benny the rUK Butcher managed to start a debate - but the calf is beside the point. Genesis mentions warriors & the first known wars were in Mesopotamia.

View attachment 58319

View attachment 58320

And they weren’t about bread and they weren’t religious. My point was the calf of exodus was the first recorded religious war.

View attachment 58319

View attachment 58320

That is your problem Karen. You just can’t help yourself going off topic on every thread.

🇬🇧 :knife:

Just look at the religious squabble I’ve caused on here with the above comment :clap:
With so little effort and so little time.
I rest my case. :thumb:

May God bless you all. (But not your God. My God. Because my God is better than your God)

Commence fighting :popcorn:

It seems your own need to stir it, for years on here, is invisible to you as an example of the human animal’s most base and basic behaviour.

Case closed.

And they weren’t about bread and they weren’t religious. My point was the calf of exodus was the first recorded religious war.

We were talking about why wars first started - Benny said religion, I said farming because it created surpluses.

If bread existed before 'the first religious war' then it was probably farming.

🤒

didnt you see the 2001 movie? war started over a bone.:straightface:

We were talking about why wars first started - Benny said religion, I said farming because it created surpluses.

If bread existed before 'the first religious war' then it was probably farming.

"probably"

farming and people making bread are not necessarily the same thing. First occurrences of bread were made from a wild grain. Organised agricultural farming came much later.

But that aside there is no record that suggests the first war was over bread rather than over religion.

The wars you mention were considerably earlier than the existence of writing and there are no written records of such wars just archaeological ruins which don't really indicate that they were fighting over bread. There are lots of probably and possibly things that could be said but no actual facts.

And she says
"So how did this end up
Going off on a tangent
When we were just praying
For Betty's improvement?"
And I can't answer

Well according to the laws of non contradiction either all the Abrahamic religions worship the same god or none of them do.

They all believe that only one god exists which is why most scholars on all sides of this debate state they all worship the same god otherwise they would have to denounce the god of the other religions as false gods.

And since there are links in each of these religions’ sacred texts they pretty much conclude they are linked by the same god of Abraham. To not do so would cause way to much grief for all involved and when people try to reconcile and bring peace saying they all worship the same god is far better than saying the Islamic god is false and vice versa.

It would be fundamentally unchristian to tell Muslims they worship a false god ergo same god.
This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I don't think the law of non contradiction will help you with any of your thinking process here. o_O How does reconciling and bringing peace by saying all worship the same God far better? Is this your solution? :pray: There, you said it. Is there any peace, any real peace? Tell me what Islam says about Jesus being the Son of God and then tell me how fundamentally 'unchristian' it is to tell them they are wrong. :crazy: Keep your head on there now. The two do not worship the same God. If only Abraham had trusted in God. :persevere: :pray:

Back
Top Bottom