'f*** morrissey-solo.com' t-shirt worn by Morrissey and band in Bradford

Update (June 29, 7:50 AM PT):
Media coverage:

Morrissey wages war on own fansite - The Guardian, link from Uncleskinny
Morrissey vs. His Fans - ClashMusic
Morrissey - Morrissey's F-Word Blast At Fan Website - ContactMusic
Morrissey Hates His Fans, The Music Industry, The Smiths, The Internet And YOU. Probably. - Hecklerspray

They came out in 'f*** Morrissey solo.com' for the encore of This Charming Man.

ironically he was holding a copy of Manchester Music Tour by .......JJ

Image from Facebook posted by modrevolve:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
You know as Moz refers to his players as a band , I've come up with name for them....in the style of Adam and the ants ,

How's about Morrissey & The Talentless f*** Wits

Or for short M&TTFW

Because what they do to Johnny,s songs is tantamount to a criminal offence.

Publicity stunt that benefits moz and this site at the same time.

You know you're relevant when a famous person goes through all that effort to make a statement.

Publicity stunt that benefits moz and this site at the same time.

You know you're relevant when a famous person goes through all that effort to make a statement.

You're not relevant. You're a chubby idiot mouthing off on a web forum.

I just want to know where I can buy the shirt.

You know as Moz refers to his players as a band , I've come up with name for them....in the style of Adam and the ants ,

How's about Morrissey & The Talentless f*** Wits

Or for short M&TTFW

Because what they do to Johnny,s songs is tantamount to a criminal offence.

I don't think they're either talentless or FWs, but I'd love to see Morrissey stretch himself more by working with new collaborators.

He seems to have given that idea a very firm rebuff in recent interviews, which is a great shame.

Awww...this makes me sad. Regardless of what Morrissey thinks I'd hate it if this site didn't exist or closed down. Where else can you get an update within 30 minutes of Morrissey finishing a gig? Or find a reasonabley priced ticket to a to sold out venues via other fans? Or know when there is a radio/magazine interview? For me it keeps the momentum going. I know Morrissey likes to use True To You to issue statements etc...but, if I go there more often than not there is nothing happening/updated. I would like to think that most people that come here do so for the same reasons as me and we are mostly silent readers who don't give a second look or thought to negative or silly posts. I think David creating Morrissey-Solo and keeping the wheels turning for all these years is in its simplest form a true labour of love. Please keep the momemtum going...

You took the words right out of my mouth. i think its i poor taste. i dont know, but i think he's starting to lose his mind. This picture makes me really sad.

ROFL go moz go!

i love him. i been checking this site for many many years and i haven't really registered because it just gets worst. and it's not because of the new look n feel. but it's so full of haters and other people who don't seem to get shit on what he's all about...

couple of suggestions - stick to facts, avoid idiot polls, and get rid of anonymous posts ( yeh like this one ). sure everyone has the right to an opinion but then give your face for it

cheers

Nice. David has done an amazing job since 1997 and this is how Moz treats him. It was the ONLY place to chat about Mozzer. Here's one for you Moz...your 3 new songs are absolute crap.

We know how Morrissey likes to see himself presented to the world. It's called true-to-you.net.

It's an anodine hagiography from first to last, unquestioning and uncritical, a place where his musings on the world are transmuted instead into "statements", just like a real, live head of state.

It's the style of website Stalin would have chosen.

This is truly, truly disappointing. Moz, why do you hate your fans so much?

It's not a dig at the fans. It's a dig at the so-called anonymous "fans" who post the same old shit saying it's time to retire, he looks so old and fat now, he's not the same person he was in 1985, Johnny Marr is still a genius despite being absolute shit for the past 20 years, fire Jesse, he wants an American sound, etc etc etc.

Forget 1985. He's not the same person he was in 2005.

He's probably referring to the endless negativity we see written about him by 'fans' of these pages which is horrendous and totally unjustified.

No I think Clooney may be closer to the truth that Moz is pissed about Mike Joyce's comments being featured on the Main page. This is so petty and ugly of Morrissey. David T is obviously a very devoted fan and if Moz cannot see and appreciate that, it's his loss. Kudos to David for having integrity and a spine.

I bought a Cafe Press shirt once. Pile of crap. Lasted three washes.

Just went to the deemed appropriate Moz site - True to You.

Crickets were chirping and the latest update was 10 June - about the Janice Long appearance. If that is the best that site could do in this crowded and eventful touring season; imagine it in slow times, and the lean years. I'm very inclined to the views expressed above about the sterling job this site has done over the many years for Morrissey and his fans.

Awww...this makes me sad. Regardless of what Morrissey thinks I'd hate it if this site didn't exist or closed down. Where else can you get an update within 30 minutes of Morrissey finishing a gig? Or find a reasonabley priced ticket to a to sold out venues via other fans? Or know when there is a radio/magazine interview? For me it keeps the momentum going. I know Morrissey likes to use True To You to issue statements etc...but, if I go there more often than not there is nothing happening/updated. I would like to think that most people that come here do so for the same reasons as me and we are mostly silent readers who don't give a second look or thought to negative or silly posts. I think David creating Morrissey-Solo and keeping the wheels turning for all these years is in its simplest form a true labour of love. Please keep the momemtum going...

Very much agree with the above. This site has been well run, is a great source of Moz news from around the world and has many great qualities, it is spoilt by people coming on and slagging off Morrissey or settling odd vendettas with one another.

I don't know why Morrissey hates this site so much. It helped sustain interest in him in the void between Maladjusted and You Are The Quarry. Sometimes you see the odd silly post on this site but that is inevitable on a fan site. If he hates it so much then he should either provide information himself to the site or else provide information to true-to-you. Personally I think true-to-you is a crap site with little information, whereas David's 'moz solo' site has been providing updates, concert reviews, and other info for many years now. I'd really miss the Morrissey-solo site. Where else would you go to find all things Moz related?
Morrissey should be happy to have this site. How easily he forgets what it is like to be ignored. I don't want to rant here but Morrissey needs to let go of the poison that he keeps inside. There is no reason for a healthy, wealthy, and vastly successful middle aged man to be so vindictive and barbed in his outlook. The only time he says anything is when he's giving out and complaining. I've paid money to see him in Dublin in July and am looking forward to it, and have lost count of the money I've spent down through the years on Morrissey. He should have some respect for his fans and try living outside a bubble for a change. I don't particularly care what Morrissey or his band thinks. Wearing a t-shirt with the word 'f***' is crude and excessive and doesn't deserve further comment.
A.C.T.O.N.

I love Morrissey-Solo.Com. It's not perfect- but it has brought a lot of happiness to me.

I love Morrissey. He's not perfect- but he has brought a lot of happiness to me.

F*ck the hate and the haters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom