Fiona Dodwell's husband: X comment re: Jesse Tobias (April 2, 2024)

I hadn't realised that Jesse had deactivated/deleted his Twitter account. If he sees the Tweet and is told who the author is, well... there's gonna be some trouble.

Long shot, but what if Morrissey now feels the same way and wanted to get the info out there? I can't imagine he thinks this new band is working out. As someone who saw the first 2 solo tours, there is absolutely no comparison to what he had vs what he has now or has had over the years.

are you saying Jesse should have helped him with the lyrics? I thought they’re fine.
No, I was just saying that there was little to salvage. You Have Killed Me, All You Need Is Me, On the Streets I Ran, I Knew I Was Next and If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me fare much better in comparison.

Long shot, but what if Morrissey now feels the same way and wanted to get the info out there? I can't imagine he thinks this new band is working out. As someone who saw the first 2 solo tours, there is absolutely no comparison to what he had vs what he has now or has had over the years.
That would be the plot twist I didn't see coming! Hopefully, neither Morrissey nor Fi-Dough are that low. Also, it would be quite risky and inefficient. Surely, if Jesse is as bad as Matthew Dodwell said, any number of Morrissey's people would have been only too happy to give him the push?

No, I was just saying that there was little to salvage. You Have Killed Me, All You Need Is Me, On the Streets I Ran, I Knew I Was Next and If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me fare much better in comparison.

Nah, I don’t know if Jesse’s lyric skills are as good. There’s probably a reason he just sticks to writing music (the instrumental part).

I don't hear any decline in Morrissey music. I rather find it in his lyrics.

Much of the newer material always seems to get sidelined in favour of the old stuff.

Too easily dismissed in my view - some of the lines (and the way he sings them) are - for me at least - right up there with his best stuff.

But before it goes
Before it goes
Before it goes
Do you have the time to show me
What's it like
What's it like
Oh, what's it like
Oh take time
Be mine
And gaze with fondness on the wrong one
The wrong one
The wrong one......

Last edited:
Nah, I don’t know if Jesse’s lyric skills are as good. There’s probably a reason he just sticks to writing music (the instrumental part).
What I meant was: Lyrics to those songs are great but lyrics to those other two are terrible and this, I think, is the reason why some songs suck (despite Jesse's music or whatever).

Jesus Christ, that's the second time I'm correcting myself. Has everyone on morrissey-solo failed their reading compherension tests at secondary?

What I meant was: Lyrics to those songs are great but lyrics to those other two are terrible and this, I think, is the reason why some songs suck (despite Jesse's music or whatever).
Yes, but I was initially speaking ( jokingly) about Jesse helping Morrissey with lyrics that some here believe are in ‘decline’.
Jesus Christ, that's the second time I'm correcting myself. Has everyone on morrissey-solo failed their reading compherension tests at secondary?

Yes, we don’t know why you bother at all.

I honestly didn’t understand what you were saying either.

Much of the newer material always seems to get sidelined in favour of the old stuff.

Too easily dismissed in my view - some of the lines (and the way he sings them) are - for me at least - right up there with his best stuff.

But before it goes
Before it goes
Before it goes
Do you have the time to show me
What's it like
What's it like
Oh, what's it like
Oh take time
Be mine
And gaze with fondness on the wrong one
The wrong one
The wrong one......
I agree with you. Most of his recent and good material is too underrated. That said, I don't like it when a potentially good song is ruined by lazy lyrics and too many repetitions. Love is on its way out deserved more lyrics.

It is unclear if Moz 'approved' this post - but what is clear is that Fiona has been acting as his semi-official or even official PR woman / spokeswoman for some time now and is an 'insider' with regard to Camp Moz. So it is highly likely that this post is based on some form of insider knowledge. Whether the husband revealed this insider knowledge by accident or by design is unclear. But it's hard to post something 'by accident' - it's not exactly like making an unguarded comment in an interview.

It is unclear if Moz 'approved' this post - but what is clear is that Fiona has been acting as his semi-official or even official PR woman / spokeswoman for some time now and is an 'insider' with regard to Camp Moz. So it is highly likely that this post is based on some form of insider knowledge. Whether the husband revealed this insider knowledge by accident or by design is unclear. But it's hard to post something 'by accident' - it's not exactly like making an unguarded comment in an interview.

We don’t know what the post is based on, or if true. But it seems intentional, people do know how the internet works by now, and what can come from a careless post. Anyway, we can only hope that camp Moz is aware of it. I guess we’ll see if FD creates any further M content with his approval.

Is Jesse still in? La Dodwell posts even more about cats, dogs n haunted places. Too much, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom