Footage of Morrissey leaving Mexico 19th March, 2018

I moved these from the Vive section as they are not related to the festival as such:

He got on a plane bound for L.A.

Morrissey signs autographs on his way out of Mexico today:

Through the airport with entourage:

Video by Jorge Avilés.

Pics:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I've often wondered whether he took some of the keepsakes given to him at his concerts with him. It would be a shame to think that so many people spent so much time, effort and energy to give heartfelt gifts only to find their way into the bin.

Who remembers the fiasco regarding gifts, etc., passed to Moz on tour back circa 2006-2009? From my poor recollection, someone in the entourage stated that all of the collected items were round-filed after each show.

Someone out there knows more, or better stated - more clearly.

MrShoes

Who remembers the fiasco regarding gifts, etc., passed to Moz on tour back circa 2006-2009? From my poor recollection, someone in the entourage stated that all of the collected items were round-filed after each show.

Someone out there knows more, or better stated - more clearly.

MrShoes
20 years does something to a person ;)
Regards,
FWD.

Ouch! It *was* even further back! I guess I can count myself amongst the uninformed infirmed.

MrShoes
Oh no, the landfill comments I think was circa your guess - I asked him in reference to Smiths 'gifts', letters etc 20 years prior. I can imagine there'd be too much to manage eventually (but you can still see him pocketing letters and goodies).
Regards,
FWD.

Thought for a second there he was heading for the WINGS restaurant! :screamcat:
I do have to say that Moz is always polite when you meet him as a fan. He’s always been nice to me too.

He’s nice when there’s a camera present or more then a few people present. A few years back outside the cat n the fiddle a girl asked him if she could take a picture with him, he had been drinking at the time and he straight out flat out said No and it he meant it too because he was quick and blunt about it and turned and started signing other peoples things without any hesitation, it wasn’t until he turned back around and saw that she was to the point of bursting into tears that he quickly said I was only joking, but he wasn’t he was serious when he said no to her and if it wasn’t to the point she was going to be in tears that he said he was joking , because last thing he wants is some girl crying and making a scene saying he didn’t take a picture with me.

Believe it or not,
The longest meeting I ever had with him besides outside venues (more like: behind venues) was Beckington (Wool Hall days) and I asked him if he kept everything people gave him - he said he did. So, somewhere, there's a jolly large storage unit...
Despite how distant he appears, there's part of him that's stuck in the penpal days - I think he loves all the gifts/acknowledgements even if it doesn't seem that way.
Regards,
FWD.

Thank you FWD. How wonderful it must have been to have met him in person. So many here have had a word or a glance or a handshake. I have had none of these, but still I am here drawn to him and his music and to those like yourself who have had the privilege to have interacted with him in one way or another, and more importantly to read of those experiences makes this site worth coming back to time and time again.

As for the memories he chooses to keep, that would be a very interesting program. Him simply speaking to the items he has chosen to keep over distance and time would be something I would very much like to see. I think he sells himself short over how interesting he can be, or maybe he has no interest in discussing the past. Either way...who knows?

oh my gosh, I love his style here! he looks AMAZING! such the modern day aesthete!

Moz Posse ASSEMBLE! To LAX! Uncle Steve is comin' home with loads of foreigner money in his bags. I reckon maybe he will go top mental and buy everyone potato tacos and Orange Mocha Frappucinos at The Sunset Marquis tomorrow or combo#8's The Moz Special at Los Panchos for everyone.

Take it you are looking forward to the tips you get for parking their cars

Seems like bodyguard waving goodbye and shake hands with damon at the end of the footage, so, moz was going home to the new hotel?

He’s nice when there’s a camera present or more then a few people present. A few years back outside the cat n the fiddle a girl asked him if she could take a picture with him, he had been drinking at the time and he straight out flat out said No and it he meant it too because he was quick and blunt about it and turned and started signing other peoples things without any hesitation, it wasn’t until he turned back around and saw that she was to the point of bursting into tears that he quickly said I was only joking, but he wasn’t he was serious when he said no to her and if it wasn’t to the point she was going to be in tears that he said he was joking , because last thing he wants is some girl crying and making a scene saying he didn’t take a picture with me.
There was a great story one of my friends from my childhood told me, about how he had been at Beamish open-air museum (a kind of working recreation of Victorian life in northern England) and had seen none other than John Noakes - ubiquitous, cheeky, daredevil everyman of 70s children's tv. The Brits of a certain age among us will know just how legendary he was. So my starstruck friend bounded up to him to ask for an autograph; to which Mr Noakes replied. 'Piss off, kid'. My point is that it must be a real pain in the arse to have to be everybody's Jesus at all times. Even if you're only John Noakes.

Last edited:
I can't help wondering what's in those two black bags that Damon carries everywhere. Whatever it is, he's very keen not to let go of them.
those are the bags which carry the cash from Saturdays concert.

oh my gosh, I love his style here! he looks AMAZING! such the modern day aesthete!
Yes, but why can't he get a pair of jeans that fit him around the arse? His trousers seem to get worse and worse, there's acres of spare fabric flapping around at the back.

Why would anyone be bothered to follow Moz like that? I've had a few opportunities back in 90's Dublin and just said hello and didn't even slow down walking. Moz doesn't want to hear people say "You saved my life". Grow a backbone and stop blubbering.

Oh come on and be nice. Why would anyone want to do that? For the same reason you sniffed the air in Dublin in the 90s. I think it's sweet that there are still people going to airports to meet him. I did it at JFK at the end of the Kill Uncle tour in 91. (Humble brag -- lol.) Good for them.

Yes, but why can't he get a pair of jeans that fit him around the arse? His trousers seem to get worse and worse, there's acres of spare fabric flapping around at the back.
it is an interesting question, particularly as this seems to be the only kind of jeans he wears these days. who makes them? and does he buy ten pairs of the same exact same style? I hope it has nothing to do with the 'misshapen bottom syndrome' that often affects people as they get older. if so, could be that he's insecure about it and seeks to hide it witith baggy clothing. well he needn't bother. ill still love him even if he has a misshapen bottom.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom