Morrissey Central France, Belgium concerts and 1 UK date announced (January 10, 2023)

morrisseyofficial-10012023-0001.jpg

official_morrissey_central-10012023-0001.jpg

Morrissey has today announced a new London headline show at Eventim Apollo on Sunday 19th March. This show is part of a European tour that includes dates in France and Belgium. Tickets for the shows go on general sale Friday 13th January at 10am (local time)
2023 Tour Dates
Wed 08 March | Paris Salle Pleyel, France
Wed 09 March | Paris Salle Pleyel, France
Sun 12 March | Lyon Amphitheatre, France
Mon 13 March Strasbourg Salle Erasme, France
Wed 15 March | Antwerp Stadsschouwburg Theatre, Belgium
Thu 16 March | Brussels Bozar Theatre, Belgium
Sun 19 March | London Eventim Apollo

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think so. Morrissey only uses decades old photos to promote himself these days, which is a bit odd frankly.
Odd, certainly. Necessary? Definitely not. Not a fan of the shar pei-like scrunch face, but overall it’s not terrible compared to some recent choices. That said, there had to be better options.

Money Changes Everything.

For the Antwerpen concert, Gracia.live announces an exclusive VIP experienfe for mire than 310 euros, including a ticket with a good seat, veggie meals and free booze, before and after the gig, and a reserved parking for a car (this latter is for at least 2 vips),

The Smiths used to sing for children of the working class. This thing, and the ptices for Anterwerpen (cheapest category 96 euros) shows that like Bruce Springsteen, Morrissey only sings bow for the upper class.

Good Times For A Change.

Money Changes Everything.

For the Antwerpen concert, Gracia.live announces an exclusive VIP experienfe for mire than 310 euros, including a ticket with a good seat, veggie meals and free booze, before and after the gig, and a reserved parking for a car (this latter is for at least 2 vips),

The Smiths used to sing for children of the working class. This thing, and the ptices for Anterwerpen (cheapest category 96 euros) shows that like Bruce Springsteen, Morrissey only sings bow for the upper class.

Good Times For A Change.

Has it occurred to you that the promoter gets a cut of this, and that it's also in their interest to charge a premium for the frills. 310 w/ unlimited food and booze and vip parking is actually kind of a bargain considering I paid $14 for a goddamn ginger infused kombucha today. Did you know that it costs $35 an hour to park in a Manhattan garage? Well, now you do!

Has it occurred to you that the promoter gets a cut of this, and that it's also in their interest to charge a premium for the frills. 310 w/ unlimited food and booze and vip parking is actually kind of a bargain considering I paid $14 for a goddamn ginger infused kombucha today. Did you know that it costs $35 an hour to park in a Manhattan garage? Well, now you do!
Comparing the cost of life in New York to Antwerpen's is kind no sense. But here a yuppie does it.

This vip experience is a first in Europe for a Morrissey show, and let's note that the text precises this was accepted by the artist.
The prices of the other two higher categories haven't been mentioned but you would have guessed it, it is insanely high.
A New York yuppie is unfit to understand how common people do live in Europe.

Morrissey is disconnected of reality. He should have asked a cheaper category of 50 euros for at least 200 people for the seats located in the upper balconey. Let's hope things will improve next times. Note, there isn't any need to argue especially if you are from the priviledged people : it is irrelevant.

Comparing the cost of life in New York to Antwerpen's is kind no sense. But here a yuppie does it.

This vip experience is a first in Europe for a Morrissey show, and let's note that the text precises this was accepted by the artist.
The prices of the other two higher categories haven't been mentioned but you would have guessed it, it is insanely high.
A New York yuppie is unfit to understand how common people do live in Europe.

Morrissey is disconnected of reality. He should have asked a cheaper category of 50 euros for at least 200 people for the seats located in the upper balconey. Let's hope things will improve next times. Note, there isn't any need to argue especially if you are from the priviledged people : it is irrelevant.

It's optional isn't it? People who can afford the VIP experience will purchase that tier of ticket. Those who cannot will purchase from the general concessions.

The number of wealthy denizens in the Antwerp of TODAY has multiplied since the 16th century when Antwerp was one of the richest places in the world.

I'm not a yuppie, I'm a wealthy woman and a class traitor with a background in macroeconomics.

I would not, for your own sanity, debate me.

It's optional isn't it? People who can afford the VIP experience will purchase that tier of ticket. Those who cannot will purchase from the general concessions.

The number of wealthy denizens in the Antwerp of TODAY has multiplied since the 16th century when Antwerp was one of the richest places in the world.

I'm not a yuppie, I'm a wealthy woman and a class traitor with a background in macroeconomics.

I would not, for your own sanity, debate me.
In Belgium, which is a tiny country, every music lover from the south of the country for instance can travel by car on the motorway for free and get to Antwerpen in 1 hour which is in the north, Living here is cheap but salaries are very average. I am also gonna see John Cale in the same city who is arguably a living legend with also a remarkable solo discography like Morrissey's. He will play with his band and guess what, tickets are 3 times less expensive. This insane increase for Morrissey for Belgium is not justified. The Cure went in town recently and they didn't increase the price as much as Morrissey. Again, what wealthy customers could understand about this, nothing bar gasping. A lot of us will only make one concert whereas in the past we would have also attended Brussels and Antwerpen. Sad time.

In Belgium, which is a tiny country, every music lover from the south of the country for instance can travel by car on the motorway for free and get to Antwerpen in 1 hour which is in the north, Living here is cheap but salaries are very average. I am also gonna see John Cale in the same city who is arguably a living legend with also a remarkable solo discography like Morrissey's. He will play with his band and guess what, tickets are 3 times less expensive. This insane increase for Morrissey for Belgium is not justified. The Cure went in town recently and they didn't increase the price as much as Morrissey. Again, what wealthy customers could understand about this, nothing bar gasping. A lot of us will only make one concert whereas in the past we would have also attended Brussels and Antwerpen. Sad time.
You aren't hearing what I am saying to you.

There is an option to purchase non-vip tickets here: https://www.stadsschouwburg-antwerpen.be/en/event/morrissey-312e1309

Presumably pricing for that will on par with inflation.

The VIP experience pricing is for people who want the food and booze and parking.

They are paying for that f***shit because they are either stupid, or they have money to burn.

Something tells me that John Cales production and staff budgets are a fraction of what Ms are.

Do you think his band should work for sub-minimum wages? Has it occurred to you that the man probably pays his staff very well?

You aren't hearing what I am saying to you.

There is an option to purchase non-vip tickets here: https://www.stadsschouwburg-antwerpen.be/en/event/morrissey-312e1309

Presumably pricing for that will on par with inflation.

The VIP experience pricing is for people who want the food and booze and parking.

They are paying for that f***shit because they are either stupid, or they have money to burn.

Something tells me that John Cales production and staff budgets are a fraction of what Ms are.

Do you think his band should work for sub-minimum wages? Has it occurred to you that the man probably pays his staff very well?
In '91 (according to his autobiography at least) he was paying the band members $1K each per show which is actually pretty good dough.

Father and son walk by poster. Father says to son, ‘hey, this Morrissey guy looks pretty decent, let’s have a listen’.

Get in the car and throw a couple of tunes on Spotify and father and son recognize they are hearing the greatest lyricist and voice (except Elvis re: voice) they’ve ever heard.

Buy tickets.

Show starts.

Son: Hey dad, I think this Morrissey’s father is going to introduce him out.

Dad: (response can’t be heard) Alma Matters blasts through the speakers.

poster doesnt do much for me,i know most people like it,looks a bit staged.

poster doesnt do much for me,i know most people like it,looks a bit staged.
It looks staged because it was staged. Morrissey was literally on stage of the Manchester Arena, performing a gig on his birthday, 22nd May 2004.

Are all these concerts seated?
I really don't see myself not standing at any concert. Kills the mood tbh. What a shame.

I had the pleasure of attending that night.
Birthday, Manchester Evening News Arena, May 22, 2004.
Regards,
FWD.

View attachment 87699
I too had the pleasure of attending. It was a great night. Hard to believe it was almost 20 years ago. Where have the years gone?

Tags
tour
Back
Top Bottom