Morrissey Central "FRIDAY 26 JULY" (April 13, 2024)

full

On Friday 26 July, Warner Records will re-issue Morrissey's 1993 live in Paris album, Beethoven Was Deaf. The release is global, and the album will be available on CD, black vinyl, and orange vinyl.
The album originally reached #13 in England, but was not released in the U.S. The venue is the Zenith in Paris.

Two special event concerts are planned to launch the July release. Please watch this site for details. New sleeve above.

Beethoven Was Deaf to be reissued: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/friday-26-july

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that Moz has changed the cover art, maybe he should remove the guff about 'Live in Paris' as well - seeing as 7 of the 16 songs on the original version were recorded in London. :unsure:

It's a good cover picture but kind of odd it's for a re-issue and the picture isn't even from the right time period. Also odd is the edited mic cable cutting across M which, once you notice it, you can't unsee it

That's why I was thinking if it's not from the right time period, at least select an image with more drama.

Not bad but an odd choice for "sleeve art". Kind of looks something from a no-name French label that keeps on churning out public domain re-issues.

Oh, but, anyway. He looked wonderful in 1993.

morrissey.jpg
morrissey.jpg
92 🧐

It’s kind of like when you take a screen-shot on an iPhone and accidentally press the marker option and draw on it. Maybe moz posted this from the toilet on his phone
Are you suggesting his finger was on the screen at the time this was posted, or something else similarly shaped? What is that outline of? :unsure:

The image appears to be The Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, Netherlands - December 20, 2006.
Odd choice.
FWD.

Thank God I am not a completist.

What a load of crap is being released. First the golden Interlude and now this?

But he could have said NO if he wanted to….

Wonder if it will be playing the album in full with the original musicians, or another 40 years of Morrissey set. The first option I would definitely go to if logistics allowed for it.
It will be 41 years of Morrissey.
I think Alain Whyte bpcurrent band would be a better source for your first idea.
If only we could get both together at one show.
But that’s just wishful thinking.

Like you say, he may not have had any choice. I think that's what I meant by saying brave/audacious though - I'd like him to be choosing more recent images when he has the opportunity. But I get the feeling he's not embracing the physical aspect of ageing in the same way as some artists do. He is quite identified with the image of his hair for example (which is inevitably going to change rapidly with the impact of age and health)

“I do maintain that if your hair is wrong, your entire life is wrong"

Might also explain the recent photos of him wearing baseball caps. But if that's the case, it only serves to remind me that he has insecurities in exactly the same way as I do. And I love him for that too.

the thing is, he may have insecurities, while at the same time not giving a fuuck. I mean he could always get a dye job (like Marr?)and some kind of hair extensions, or whatever it is that celebrities get. But, no.

It will be 41 years of Morrissey.
I think Alain Whyte bpcurrent band would be a better source for your first idea.
If only we could get both together at one show.
But that’s just wishful thinking.

extremely wishful.

Paris shows?

These better be in the UK or I may scream forevermore...

It would be great if he played it in full. The cover art is an odd choice, though. There are plenty of great photos from that period that he could have used.

the thing is, he may have insecurities, while at the same time not giving a fuuck. I mean he could always get a dye job (like Marr?)and some kind of hair extensions, or whatever it is that celebrities get. But, no.

I was meaning more like just embrace whatever is. I'd love to see that (don't alter anything etc)

I'm sure more will be revealed on this (or not revealed, as the case may be) over the coming months/years. Remains to be seen (or not seen)

Okay, I'll stop now (no, I've changed my mind again.... goodnight, and thank you)

Back
Top Bottom