Happy Martyr - Boz Boorer's other band

http://www.happymartyr.com/

Alex Lusty met Boz Boorer backstage at a Morrissey concert in December 2004 at London's Earl Court. They were soon recording together and their first musical collaboration was 'The OneThree' and the album 'Life Goes On' was released on black records in the autumn of 2005. Now they have both finally found the time to record new material, and Happy Martyr was born. Described as 'urban folk' or Ian Dury fronting early T Rex, the duo's music is a raw sounding, stripped down acoustic rap crossover. Tracks for the debut album were recorded between London and Boz's Serra Vista studio in Portugal, which was also the backdrop for the video to accompany debut single 'Painkillers'.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's absolutely awful, juvenile and quite embarrassing.....it'd be embarassing if he was 16 but he's middle aged.

I also like what is happening here with happy martyr. boz is making music with who he want and still loyal to morrissey.boz has to make music its his life and this is a good track man everything is fine with this musical project and I apreciate this very much.

OK, ok, I take back the negative things I said. This is the most important track of the last three centuries. No, I suppose I'm just jealous that THIS GUY gets to work with Boz when there is hundreds of us who die for the chance. The RapCrap isn't really my cup of tea, but the track isn't THAT terrible, like, I don't want the guy to off himself over negative comments on a MOZ-SOLO forum or OD on painkillers or anything, so there you have it. I'm jealous, that's all. I wonder if Boz would like to work with me, I'm starting a band called, "Boz Boorer's Chin Hair Redux"?

It is terrible..... not bad... but TERRIBLE... It is like a poor GCSE Music project... that failed!

I listened to the first verse and was too embarrassed to let it play any longer. Toe-curlingly awful.

Hahaha, that was funny. Terrible.

Seems everyones a critic these days, then so can I be...I like it very much.

I'm sorry but I don't like it either. All the songs sound the same to me... :/

I agree... then again, isn't that what Boz is writing for Morrissey for the past two albums? Just a load of uninsipred, uninventive crap to slap under Morrissey's lyrics?

This is what happens when you let retarded children use the internet unsupervised.

This is what happens when you let brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, and dull adults comment on other people's joke-comments on the internet unsupervised. I mean, you use the word, "retarded," how long did that take you to come up with in that fat head of yours?

Surely, you can do better.

Seriously! This sounds as good as mark gormley. Check'im out if you like this shite.

I listen to it and to be truthful I think its OK, I think its good that Boz is working on stuff away from Morrissey,Adam Ant,Edwyn Collins or his Rockerbilly even. Fair play to him I say. I still don't understand for the life of me though why people have to be so spiteful and hateful on Morrissey-solo about things they don't like. Why all negativity? I mean I didn't like the Alain Whyte side projects,Red Lightening or Setting Fires but I didn't put it in type. Its the same with most Moz support bands,I have seen some terrible comments,not from everyone but some were uncalled for,Kristeen took some stick,as did Girl in a Coma I remember. Surely if you haven't got anything nice to say then say nothing.... And yes of course this is a red rag for the insults to fly in my direction but all I am asking for is a little bit of a better,more positive atmosphere in the forum. We are human and we need to...

Sandy Thaw x

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom