He took my letter!!- my first time..amazing.

duchess_of_fork

So after 15 hours of traveling....driving to Buffalo, NY..catching a plane to Atlanta, Georgia....catching a plane there to LA...(mind you, all of this with Delta airlines, and basically NO time between stops..I was starving) I got to Pasadena...I did, I did, I did. It seemed promising, but not really, seeing how I had Orchestra seats...and I really wanted to be front row.

Saturday morning, I got up and went over to the auditorium..where I was greeted with huge Morrissey banners. I nearly peed myself. It was too much. There were some fans waiting in line at 8am...they spent the night there. I decided to join then, despite having a crappy seated ticket...who knows, maybe someone somewhere would like to sell their pit ticket? And also, previously, I was supposed to be on the press list for the show, so I wanted to make sure that was still happening (long story short, it didn't happen, the Bill Silva representative was a DICK!).

For the first time in my life, I was surrounded by Morrissey fans- something that never happens in Canada. They were all astonished by the fact that I travelled so far and spent so much money to be at the show..what can I say...I AM sort of a really really reeeeeally huge admirer. I met a really nice person named Tony with whom I waited around for the box office to release pit tickets. We waited for about 6 hours..or maybe more. It was fun, because meanwhile, I met some more people...and Boz Boorer (I'll post a picture later). He was such a sweet guy, and I adore both him and his wife.

The night came...no pit tickets. Tony managed to get an orchestra seat however. I went back to my room and got changed, came back and was sort of..well...sort of ok with NOT being in the pit. We went in right in the middle of Kristeen Young's set...it was kind of sad that half of the auditorium was empty...she deserves a little more respect..and a better microphone. I don't know if it was her voice or the acoustics of the place (I think its the first because Morrissey sounded more than just fine)...but my ears were really hurting by the time she was done. Tony went to his seat, I went to mine...but I wasn't satisfied. So I walked over to the guy guarding the first 4 rows and told him my sap story. He really felt bad for me..told me that when the lights go down, he'll let me stand behind the pit and watch the show from there. It was better than nothing.

BUT THEN!!!! As I was standing there, I see Tony, with A PIT BRACELET!!!!!!!! He has a huge smile on his face and tells me that he found it, unused, right by his seat! Karrrrrrmaaaa! The pit guy tells him he can go in, but I can't. Tony says I'm his kid and sort of twirls me into the crowd of people. I land right at the front.

The lights go down, I start to cry. Can't take any pictures...can't do anything but cry and admire. It was the moment I've been waiting for sooo long. Somebody knocks my Razr phone out of my hand, a part of it breaks, gets dented. I don't care. Morrissey comes out...I am speechless. Can't even cry anymore.

One thought that is racing through my mind is: how can I get this letter I wrote to him, how can I get to over to him, past the security guards. A really nice girl (and equally emotional as I), named Bri (who kindly shared her barrier place with me through the show) tells me to try and chuck it, I do...and it bounces off the stage and between the barrier and the stage......I freak...it can't be happening!!!! I need to, HAVE TO have him get that letter. The security guard won't give it to me. I realize, I must enjoy the concert (and it's SO easy to enjoy Morrissey..oh my god).

"Let me Kiss You" rolls along and...I'm sobbing uncontrollably. The guard infront of me feels sorry for me. I look at him and begg him to give me the letter that missed the stage. He looks around, and tells the other guy to pick it up. He does. GIves it to me and says "Don't throw it again" (YEAH RIGHT!).

"Dear God, Please Help me" I throw the letter again. It lands on the left hand corner of the stage. It's on the stage, at least. The guard notices and he feels bad, again, because Morrissey will never see it where it landed.

Before the encore, people all around me are either crying or jumping with joy..the girl to the left of me gives Morrissey some sort of a religious book..then proceeds to cry on my shouler for the next few minutes. It's a sob fest indeed. I look at the security guard infront of me, who saw what, yet again happened to my letter.

ME: "PLease, PLEASE push the letter to center stage..you don't know how much it would mean to me"

GUY: [Looks around, turns around, pushes the letter, it lands spot on center stage] I can see it means a lot, you're crying.

I don't cry that easily...but man...maaaaaaaaaaaan.

Morrissey does encore, bows. Spots my letter. Picks it up. Goes off stage.
The rest, is history.

My life= complete.

I know he won't respond. Just...the fact that were was some connection....I didn't want to touch him as much as I wanted him to get that letter. I tried reaching over but it was too difficult.

One of the best days of my life.
I left the venue in tears...and people who know me know that I rarely cry to the point that I can't stop for hours. Tomorrow, I try to look for Morrissey anywhere in the city...no sightings.
I went to Sweetzer Ave, his old house...but didn't go up the hill..I know he doesn't live there. And I don't think I wanted to meet him, I'd just cry and embarrass myself...it wasn't the right time...maybe some other other ooother time.

Sorry that this is so long. I just...it was...amazing.

Morrissey does encore, bows. Spots my letter. Picks it up. Goes off stage.
The rest, is history.

My life= complete.
=
bal_wow.gif

Wow.....you have given me goosies. Well done sweetheart, i'm so chuffed for you. I hope he writes back to you!

Don't be shocked if you get a reply a few weeks, or months from now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Nice post and well done. :)

Don't be shocked if you get a reply a few weeks, or months from now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Nice post and well done. :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you made my day
you think he'd reply??? really??? I really really really hope so!
I didn't write my address on the letter itself, but I did on the envelope (I never thought I would be able to give it to him). I hope he doesn't throw out the envelope...

Well done. I'm really thriled for you, it's sounds amazing. God I hope you a reply, I suppose it doesnt matter though, cos he's going to read it and know exactly what you mean to him. Oh congrats, I'm all happy now, I love things like this :)

That was really lovely. Nice to hear the guard was so nice, when I saw Morrissey I had a nice guard in front of me, it made the difference. Once the show was over he made sure I got the setlist.

It was so great to read & makes me really want to see Moz again!

Obsessed much?

Hey Duchess of Fork,
I'm writing to tell you that I'm so happy for you. Reading your post here, made me smiled tremendously. I sincerely hope that he does write you back and make your awesome experience even more complete than it already is. :)

omg i think i saw that. were u on the left of the stage? i noticed one of the guys in the black handed him someting as he left after ecore.
i threw a letter too but he never took it. when i left the pit, it wasn't on the stage, i wonder who took it. do u guys know? do like people who work for him give him the letters or do they just throw them away? i really hope he got my letter too.

Well done Duchess and what a lovely review. I know exactly how you felt.

A note of caution though. I personally handed him a letter at the Palladium and he said thank you :D ahhhhhh. However for the next 2 months I waited and waited and jumped on every postal delivery in the vain hope of a reply and still nothing. Did sort of depress me for a while, but I just had to tell myself he gets loads and why should he pick mine to reply to. If the truth be known though I still havn't fully given up.;)

I really hope you get a reply:)

omg i think i saw that. were u on the left of the stage? i noticed one of the guys in the black handed him someting as he left after ecore.
i threw a letter too but he never took it. when i left the pit, it wasn't on the stage, i wonder who took it. do u guys know? do like people who work for him give him the letters or do they just throw them away? i really hope he got my letter too.

That's so cool. I hate the fact that everybody else saw Morrissey get my letter except me. I was too busy crying....
Where were you? I'm sure somebody will give it to him...I know he didn't have my letter when he ripped his shirt off at the end...I wonder where it went!!! Did you see when he took that slip of paper some person was holding up and he put it in his pant pocket? I was so jealous! Anyhow...I think there are people responsible for giving these letters to Morrissey. As long as it made it on stage, and was visible enough, it will get to him, don't worry.

here's a pic of me and Boz Boorer...I look absolutely horrible in this picture,...I hate the fact that you can't re-take photos when you meet someone like that. I was way too shy to ask for a retake anyway...I adore Mr.Boorer..he is so amazingly cool!

IMG_0892.jpg

Wiltern '04. I was dead center pit. I tossed up my letter hed been trying to reach the whole final gig. He never caught it but, his personal minder, forget his name, but, some big dude, Oscar I think, anyway, after talking to him on the first night, I told him what Id done with my letter to moz and he said "dont worrry, everything that lands on stage, the crew dont mess with, I pick it up and give it to him (Moz) after the show" THe minder sempt sincere, I can only hope Moz did get my letter. Since I found out a few years ago when he still lived here in WeHollywood, I make a point to carry a letter with me at all times, in case I see him at Hugos or somewhere.

wow, that is all really a dream come true, ending up in the pit like that after coming from canada and meeting boz and success with the letter. ha you are a very determined girl! im happy for you! :D

Well Done Duchess , I hope this will inspire more great artwork
Hugs
Graham

Back
Top Bottom