I ain’t afraid of no spooks

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

A thread for the spooky.

Unsolved mysteries, prehistoric creatures in modern times, ghosts, aliens, time travel, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...

A thread for the spooky.

Unsolved mysteries, prehistoric creatures in modern times, ghosts, aliens, time travel, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...
dumb

I'm pretty into this stuff. Lots of it anyway. There's a pretty decent podcast called Paranormal Almanac that's pretty dope.

I don't believe in the Loch Ness Monster anymore. I think Nigfoot -sorry, BIGfoot, the thread title threw me- is a definite possibility, if not a likelihood.

I think that aliens are absolutely real. No question. Having said that, I also believe there are a lot of idiots out there, liars, fame seekers, etc. too, not to mention people who are just mistaken. And I think a lot of the stuff is classified military. But not all of it. No way.

I despise the idea that they aren't here because if they were it would involve doing things, scientifically, that WE can't do. So therefore it's impossible....right, OK. Or the idea that they aren't here because they haven't formally and/or publicly revealed themselves to scientists, The White House, news stations, etc. Again, the hubris and obstinance of that mentality is mind boggling. Or how if you believe in them then you're from a shack in Idaho and you have four teeth.

I'd recommend looking at the lifework of Stanton Friedman, John Mack, and Jaques Vallet (probably misspelled that) if you want a really articulate, critical, open minded take on the subject. Fascinating legacies, all of those dudes.

I have NEVER seen a ghost. But I do believe there is something to the idea. Absolutely.

There’s a lot of them where I live.

Spooks, that is, not ghosts.

I'm pretty into this stuff. Lots of it anyway. There's a pretty decent podcast called Paranormal Almanac that's pretty dope.

I’ve really tried to do the podcast thing...I just can’t get into it. I naturally tend to doubt most of what I hear unless there is something to back it up. I prefer to do the research on my own because its easier for me to fact check and compare different theories and explanations than take someone at their word or trust their opinions and interpretations.

I don't believe in the Loch Ness Monster anymore. I think Nigfoot -sorry, BIGfoot, the thread title threw me- is a definite possibility, if not a likelihood.

I don’t believe in the Loch Ness Monster, specifically...but I also don’t believe we’ve seen everything there is to see that lives in the ocean. You really can never have any idea what is down there. Could something similar exist or rather still exist? Sure. Does it? Probably not.

I feel the same about Bigfoot as I do Nessie...but I think the likelihood of it is far less. The ocean depths are largely unexplored, the Pacific Northwest? Not so much. I mean, it’s possible but I can’t see something like that surviving this long without definitive evidence of existence. There needs to be a body for me to believe it.

I think that aliens are absolutely real. No question. Having said that, I also believe there are a lot of idiots out there, liars, fame seekers, etc. too, not to mention people who are just mistaken. And I think a lot of the stuff is classified military. But not all of it. No way.

We live in a universe that is billions of years old and constantly growing. It came into being from a certain point and somewhere along that line is us...the arrogance some have that nothing could possibly exist out there other than us is baffling. So...what? The entire universe that existed before the Earth was formed is just void of anything whatsoever? Never mind that it had a head start on us!

I agree with your thoughts on this.

I despise the idea that they aren't here because if they were it would involve doing things, scientifically, that WE can't do. So therefore it's impossible....right, OK. Or the idea that they aren't here because they haven't formally and/or publicly revealed themselves to scientists, The White House, news stations, etc. Again, the hubris and obstinance of that mentality is mind boggling. Or how if you believe in them then you're from a shack in Idaho and you have four teeth.

Lol. Right? I mean, do these same people think it would make sense to go to Japan without knowing the language or culture and try to introduce yourself to the Emperor, the Prime Minister, and the media?

I'd recommend looking at the lifework of Stanton Friedman, John Mack, and Jaques Vallet (probably misspelled that) if you want a really articulate, critical, open minded take on the subject. Fascinating legacies, all of those dudes.

I know of Friedman and Vallee. I’ve never heard of John Mack. I’ll have to look into who he is and what his views are. Thanks for the recommendation.

I have NEVER seen a ghost. But I do believe there is something to the idea. Absolutely.

I’ve never seen a ghost to my knowledge. I know some who have seen what they believe to be ghosts and I know they aren’t lying. I have personally experienced and heard things before, though, that have made me question the existence of something else, whether it be ghost or other entity. I try not to believe in such things but I always leave room for doubt...and that little bit of doubt terrifies me.

There’s a lot of them where I live.

Spooks, that is, not ghosts.

That sounds scary!

They say that fire cleanses all and that evil is repelled by the sight of the crucifix. For your safety, you might want to try lighting large crosses on fire outside your home to ward off such things.

That sounds scary!

They say that fire cleanses all and that evil is repelled by the sight of the crucifix. For your safety, you might want to try lighting large crosses on fire outside your home to ward off such things.

I did a genuine Agent Cooper spit-take of my coffee laughing at this...

I first started seeing ghosts when I was 9 or 10. Sometimes I see a physical form that looks like a person is there. Other times I experience odd things that can’t be explained easily other ways and my gut tells me that’s what’s going on. More frequently it’s a feeling I have that’s not like any other thing I experience that tells me there is a spirit present. More often I sense ghosts than see them. I’m short on time so maybe I’ll post more details later if there’s interest.

I first started seeing ghosts when I was 9 or 10. Sometimes I see a physical form that looks like a person is there. Other times I experience odd things that can’t be explained easily other ways and my gut tells me that’s what’s going on. More frequently it’s a feeling I have that’s not like any other thing I experience that tells me there is a spirit present. More often I sense ghosts than see them. I’m short on time so maybe I’ll post more details later if there’s interest.

There’s interest.

The closest I’ve come to visually seeing something supernatural is when I’ve caught quick glimpses out of the corner of my eye. I’ve never full on seen a ghost and I don’t think I want to...the possible implications of it are frightening.

I have most definitely heard an entity (NOT a ghost), though. Without a doubt in my mind.

I once had object disassociation pretty bad. it was about 7 years ago when I was losing hair due to low iron. I didn't know the hair loss was due to low iron so as you can imagine it was pretty stressful. i think it was the stress that caused this object dissociation. well, what would happen is that I would be looking for something and it could be right in front of me and I wouldn't see it. I would see other things, but never the object i was looking for. i would look for my keys because I had to go somewhere and I would be sure I had put them on the table and I would go to the table and look all over it, move things around on it and finally in helplessness conclude that they weren't there, that I had somehow lost them, maybe left them in the door and someone had taken them. then an hour later I would go back to the table and the keys would be right there on the table where I knew I had left them. another time I went to the pharmacy to buy some potassium. this pharmacy was in a different area than I normally go to but I had there before, maybe a couple years prior, and from that should've known how to get into it. but once I got there I found that I couldn't locate the in door. i found the out door but not the in door. so I walked all around the pharmacy, included walking all the way down the little narrow path between wall and hedge on the right side of the pharmacy where no door was likely to be. so I went back to the left side of the pharmacy where the outdoor was and pressed on it thinking that maybe it worked as an in door as well. no luck. I was completely stumped, and stood around helplessly until I saw someone walking toward the pharmacy. great, I thought, ill see how they get in. well, they got in by going in the in door that was right beside the out door. It was, of course, a double set of doors, but I had only seen the one.

anyway, I guess you could call that a 'mystery', because to this day I don't understand how that happened. even under stressful conditions, im not a scatterbrain or flightly person AT ALL. so there you have it, a little tidbit to make your crummy thread more interesting.

I at one time had end mental state bad unfavourable. it was about 7 assemblages agone when I was losing enation repayable to depression household appliance. I didn't couple the small indefinite quantity casualty was expected to blue trammel so as you can suppose it was bad nerve-racking. i centre it was the accent that caused this cognitive content separation. good, what would go on is that I would be sensing for thing and it could be abstraction in area of me and I wouldn't see it. I would see separate state of affairs, but ne'er the constituent i was superficial for. i would look for my key fruits because I had to go someplace and I would be trusted I had put out them on the shelve and I would go to the gathering and look all ended it, act occurrences some on it and at length in dependence stop that they weren't there, that I had in some manner disoriented them, perchance leftish them in the entranceway and soul had taken them. then an period former I would go plump for to the fare and the key fruits would be reactionary there on the furniture wherever I knew I had left field them. added time I went to the drugstore to buy up some atomic number 19. this medical specialty was in a another expanse than I unremarkably go to but I had there in front, mayhap a twosome gatherings antecedent, and from that should've far-famed how to get into it. but former I got there I establish that I couldn't settle the in room access. i grow the out movable barrier but not the in room. so I walked all approximately the chemist's, enclosed walk all the way plume the petite peg down course 'tween divider and enclose on the parcel blood of the store wherever no threshold was potential to be. so I went support to the hand side of the medical specialty wherever the alfresco was and ironed on it intelligent that perchance it worked as an in room access as come up. no destiny. I was altogether stumped, and stood or so impotently until I figure human close toward the shop. bully, I belief, bronchitic see how they get in. recovered, they got in by achievement in the in entryway that was straight beside the out entrance. It was, of nutrition, a work placed of constructions, but I had single seen the one.

anyhow, I conjecture you could call that a 'perplexity', because to this calendar day I don't see how that happened. equal below nerve-wracking ameliorates, im not a simple or flightly shape AT ALL. so there you have it, a tiny dainty to make your sleazy pull more unputdownable.

Back
Top Bottom