Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) on Morrissey - Classic Album Review / YouTube (April 18, 2023)

Ian Anderson ( Jethro Tull ) on Morrissey (33:29 mark)
" Morrissey gets my thumbs up "

Great interview by the way !!!

Sam should put this on Central and Morrissey should sing Aqualung on summer tour !!!
God Bless Morrissey , God Bless Ian Anderson . The Legends .

Last edited by a moderator:
:handpointup:
At least this interview should be featured on Solo's main page, in my opinion
the reference to Morrissey is more relevant here than the Home of Pele story 🙃

Wonderfully refreshing to hear someone that's just discovered Morrissey's music talk so wisely and beautifully on his art.

Last edited:
Ian Anderson ( Jethro Tull ) on Morrissey
" Morrissey gets my thumbs up "

Great interview by the way !!!

Sam should put this on Central and Morrissey should sing Aqualung on summer tour !!!
God Bless Morrissey , God Bless Ian Anderson . The Legends .

A wonderful find!
The genius that is Ian Anderson providing intelligent thought, wise words & positive commentary, when all others live in fear of doing so.
God bless him indeed!

Definitely surprising and also very honest regarding: "Probably learned his lesson". Very good words from an intelligent artist, I've been listening to for over 35 years and whose folk rock triology 77-79 is one of the best and most lyrically adept music, the 70s had to offer. God bless Jethro Tull and thankfully Morrissey should cover: "And the mouse police never sleeps".

He is very intelligent.

I used to sing Wond'ring Aloud and Cheap Day Return (two very short vignettes on Aqualung LP if you've never heard them) as lullabies to my kids when they were very young.

love interviews with seasoned professionals who have seen it and done it.

Ian is doing himself a disservice in saying he only just discovered Morrissey and the Smiths three weeks ago. Has only come to fully appreciate them, maybe, but he cited Morrissey way back in a 1984 interview when he was asked if there any new up and coming artists who impressed him. There's another interesting crossover, because when Anderson/Tull first became popular in 1968, he virtually avowed celibacy (at least he declared his distaste for casual sex), and was anti-drugs, anti-hippies, despite being perceived as a hippy. Also, I believe he often creates songs by adding his vocal and lyrics to pre-recorded backing tracks. And he refuses to sing in a transatlantic accent. I can see why Morrissey appeals to him.

a very intelligent man...

"Putin is bad, the war is happening cuz he's short and short people are aggressive to compensate!"

Well...that's not an exactly clever view in my boook, but ok :rock:
Still love Aqualung, and I won't cancel anyone ;)

Definitely surprising and also very honest regarding: "Probably learned his lesson". Very good words from an intelligent artist, I've been listening to for over 35 years and whose folk rock triology 77-79 is one of the best and most lyrically adept music, the 70s had to offer. God bless Jethro Tull and thankfully Morrissey should cover: "And the mouse police never sleeps".
Good choice. With that picture of Morrissey with the cat on his head for the single cover sleeve.

Not enough flute playing lead singers in rock and roll. Actually no, we're good. Does anyone really need to hear Aqualung ever again?

Not enough flute playing lead singers in rock and roll. Actually no, we're good. Does anyone really need to hear Aqualung ever again?
Singing and playing the flute at the same time ruined Anderson's voice in 1984. His sonorous speaking voice, the loud rock voice and the counterproductive blowing into the flute + massive touring and studio routine only make him croak today. Unfortunately. I never saw him in full bloom, not even to "Crest of Knave" 1987. Intelligent man who left all other protagonists in his group behind and is still a figurehead. There are the parallels to Morrissey again. Marten Lancelot Barre is Johnny Marr?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom