If you got to meet Morrissey, and you could say one thing to him, what would it be?

Essex's Shelagh Delaney

The Girl Least Likely To
I know from when I met my other favourite Steven, the eradite Stephen Fry, that meeting your heros generally means you come out with utter bollocks (I almost fainted at Fry, and then said "I have admired you for so very long" and then embraced him in a death grip embrace that went on a few seconds longer than was comfortable for anyone).

However, if you could be calm and collected and say something sensible to Morrissey, what would it be?

I would say, "The first time I heard 'This Night Has Opened my Eyes' it made me want to go and tell everybody about you. I think you're fantastic. Thank you so much for never dumbing down." THEN I would faint. ;)

Re: If you got to meet Morrissey, and you could say one thing to him, what would it b

Oh, chuh. Well someone may well have something to say on this matter today....

Re: If you got to meet Morrissey, and you could say one thing to him, what would it b

I know from when I met my other favourite Steven, the eradite Stephen Fry, that meeting your heros generally means you come out with utter bollocks (I almost fainted at Fry, and then said "I have admired you for so very long" and then embraced him in a death grip embrace that went on a few seconds longer than was comfortable for anyone).

However, if you could be calm and collected and say something sensible to Morrissey, what would it be?

I would say, "The first time I heard 'This Night Has Opened my Eyes' it made me want to go and tell everybody about you. I think you're fantastic. Thank you so much for never dumbing down." THEN I would faint. ;)

aww bless,

i would say "stay with me forever please"

who cares:p

Oh, chuh. Well someone may well have something to say on this matter today....
yes & it's a bit more interesting then this NME crap.

"can I shake you hand"

"yes"

"can you sign this picture"

"yes"

Morrissey gets into his car, smiles & waves at us and I wave back saying "great gig"

&

scan20070217_013151.jpg

scan20070218_193353.jpg

"have you got writers crap yet?"

Morrissey does a little laugh, "no back ache"

"Thank you"

"Thank you

yes & it's a bit more interesting then this NME crap.

"can I shake you hand"

"yes"

"can you sign this picture"

"yes"

Morrissey gets into his car, smiles & waves at us and I wave back saying "great gig"

&

scan20070217_013151.jpg

scan20070218_193353.jpg

"have you got writers crap yet?"

Morrissey does a little laugh, "no back ache"

"Thank you"

"Thank you

Show off! :p

Aaaah that is such a a) lovely story and b) lovely photo. I am insanely jealous. And very sad at the thought of him with back ache :(

Yes, I agree the NME stuff is getting tedious now. I might change my under-name slogan to "I don't think he is a racist and I don't want to talk about it" lol ;)

"Dreadful weather, isn't it?"

Awww, such a lovely story! And I absolutely ADORE Stephen Fry, but on a totally spiritual level...

As for Morrissey, I don't dare to say here what I would like to say to him if I could. It would be 2 words. And he would most probably respond: "eerrrm, thank you but no, thank you." *sobs*

aww bless,

i would say "stay with me forever please"

Lottie, you are just too nice. See above. ;)

Yes, I agree the NME stuff is getting tedious now. I might change my under-name slogan to "I don't think he is a racist and I don't want to talk about it" lol ;)

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm sick of it. :mad:

Awww, such a lovely story! And I absolutely ADORE Stephen Fry, but on a totally spiritual level...:

Yes me too, I would like to state here and now that I don't spend any time submitting to Stephen Fry "frink" threads LOL

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm sick of it. :mad:
I know, it's tedious. Surely it goes without saying that we support him? Go! Sue them! I hope he wins, but I'm not going to defend him. Goes without saying I think he's been stitched up.

I would do the same thing I did when I met Ringo Starr (see the meet Morrissey thread LOL) I'd just thank him for his music. I mean what else do you say to these people that they haven't heard, at least I always felt if you're grateful, they can sense you are being genuine about it if you're a real fan.

I as a rule as I've met many famous people over the years, try not to use the "I'm a big fan", etc. It always sounded kinda immature and slightly psychotic to me, and I figure if a celebrity sees you out there to support them, they know you're a fan. And they can certainly (not sure about Morrissey) weed out the real fans from the "autograph collectors". So I usually try to just thank them, compliment them on their work or sometimes if they're in a chatty mood and there's time I mention a piece of work they've done that most people don't talk about which I find goes over well :)

I would do the same thing I did when I met Ringo Starr (see the meet Morrissey thread LOL) I'd just thank him for his music. I mean what else do you say to these people that they haven't heard, at least I always felt if you're grateful, they can sense you are being genuine about it if you're a real fan.

Ringo' is one celebrity that I can't imagine getting all nervous about going up to and shaking his hand. He's just that down to earth. Paul, on the other hand, is far too pompous for me to ever attempt the same thing, should the opportunity ever arise.

I as a rule as I've met many famous people over the years, try not to use the "I'm a big fan", etc.

A bit of an understatement, considering your custom user title? ;)

Ringo' is one celebrity that I can't imagine getting all nervous about going up to and shaking his hand. He's just that down to earth. Paul, on the other hand, is far too pompous for me to ever attempt the same thing, should the opportunity ever arise.

A bit of an understatement, considering your custom user title? ;)

I was pretty nervous meeting Ringo only based on the fact that my coworker knew a guy online who DID have a wristband and was ahead of us so met him first. And he said Ringo was kind of sarcastic to him, and I've seen him get that way on many interviews over the years, so I wasn't sure what to expect if he was going to be an asshole or what.

But considering that Ringo is my second favorite Beatle next to John, I had to try and attempt to go see him. and thankfully I wasn't disappointed. I mean neither he nor his security rushed us through, he actually chatted with us for a few minutes and his producer Mark Hudson was there also and he was chatting with my coworker. It's like we were all hanging out for those brief few minutes. :) I was really glad I went.

Now I'd love to meet Paul but I kind of understand what you're saying. However, let's be real Paul has a far bigger fanbase than Ringo, so when he was recently at the Virgin Megastore earlier this year here in NYC, my same coworker and I were toying with the idea but then we decided that even if we tried to go, sleeping outside and then MAYBE getting a chance to see him wasn't worth all that aggravation. If those wristbands definitely guaranteed you that, I'd be there, but of course there's always those who will be there ahead of ya...

Ah yes, my user title, that's sort of a joke because one of my friends always calls me that when we hang out yet he is just as bad with trying to meet and get pics with celebs. LOL

Last edited:

Ringo' is one celebrity that I can't imagine getting all nervous about going up to and shaking his hand. He's just that down to earth.

You know, I had the same exact thought about Ringo. He just seems so genuine, an admirable characteristic.

I'm sure I'd say something really lame, out of total shock.

I was pretty nervous meeting Ringo only based on the fact that my coworker knew a guy online who DID have a wristband and was ahead of us so met him first. And he said Ringo was kind of sarcastic to him, and I've seen him get that way on many interviews over the years, so I wasn't sure what to expect if he was going to be an asshole or what.

But considering that Ringo is my second favorite Beatle next to John, I had to try and attempt to go see him. and thankfully I wasn't disappointed. I mean neither he nor his security rushed us through, he actually chatted with us for a few minutes and his producer Mark Hudson was there also and he was chatting with my coworker. It's like we were all hanging out for those brief few minutes. :) I was really glad I went.

Very cool. When/where was this?

Ah yes, my user title, that's sort of a joke because one of my friends always calls me that when we hang out yet he is just as bad with trying to meet and get pics with celebs. LOL

Uh, huh. :D

You know, I had the same exact thought about Ringo. He just seems so genuine, an admirable characteristic.

I always wanted to meet George, but I'd expect him to have been way, way too reclusive to do something so humble as shake fans' hands.

Well, you know, he definitely seemed it. The best part was I was standing close enough to him see through his trademark sunglasses and I saw him make direct eye contact with me and when I thanked him for the music he leaned over the table he was sitting behind and said "Thank YOU. Thank you for coming down,too".

Very cool. When/where was this?

Uh, huh. :D

I always wanted to meet George, but I'd expect him to have been way, way too reclusive to do something so humble as shake fans' hands.

It was 2003, at the FYE store in Rockefeller Center in NYC. He was promoting his Ringo-Rama album at the time. Which was actually a really damn good album. I found out about the signing THE DAY OF on a Beatles fan site, asked my coworker Joan and we ducked out of work early, flew down there...

It was definitely one of those moments that are NEVER going to happen again. LOL

I have a feeling George was probably a really sweet guy but I never got the impression he was the type to do all that promotional stuff like the instore signings, etc. I remember they had a time getting him on VH1 in the mid 90s for an on-screen interview which was one of the best he's done in his life. I did get one of my questions answered to him at the time when Yahoo used to conduct celebrity chats regularly. It was when the Beatles 1 album came out, and I asked him how he felt about the Beatles being #1 AGAIN after all these years. and he said it was nice it helped to pay his bills and it was a nice alternative for younger listeners. :)

Back
Top Bottom