'Jack the Ripper' on 'Beethoven...'

ordinaryboy

am i really so strange?
Anyone know why the crowd starts screaming at that little thing he says (something something I am very lazy)? Is there any significance to it relating to the song? I also love the way he says I am very lazy, but unfortunately I can't remember the first line which seems to have more screaming :)

If you want banter that does have to do with "Jack the Ripper," listen to this boot.

Disclaimer: I tout that bootleg way tooo often. But seriously, that JtR version is the best.

Ooh cheers! I absolutely love JtR after having got Beethoven and watching a YouTube clip of the movie 'From Hell' backed by the studio version. Probably say it's in my top 5 Moz tunes :D

"I. Still...Cannot...Speak...French. I. I am. Very. Lazy.."

This is the bestest intro to Jack The Ripper ever.

Oh and I misheard the intro to JTR on the Manchester DVD as "There's something about white chocolate...". :rolleyes:

Ooh cheers! I absolutely love JtR after having got Beethoven and watching a YouTube clip of the movie 'From Hell' backed by the studio version. Probably say it's in my top 5 Moz tunes :D

It's one of my all time favourites as well. There are a couple of cover versions of it, you can find them on youtube if you want. I wouldn't recommend it though. One by My Chemical Romance and the other by AFI.

Bit off topic, sorry...

This is bestest intro to Jack The Ripper ever.

Oh and I misheard the intro to JTR on the Manchester DVD as "There's something about white chocolate...". :rolleyes:

Both good...but as much as I hate to tout NRiTH's recording of the Hammerstein show (mainly because it is often boasted about already....by one particular member specifically *ahem* :p)....that intro is the bestest evaaaaar. "Excuse me..." :guitar:

Last edited:
Both good...but as much as I hate to tout NRiTH's recording of the Hammerstein show (mainly because it is often boasted about already....by one particular member specifically *ahem* :p)....that intro is the bestest evaaaaar. "Excuse me..." :guitar:

Yeah, yeah, I know; this is like the eighth time I've mentioned it. But seriously, it is the best.

"At the hub of the bridge, in 1888, here in Whitechapel, all of a sudden...excuse me"

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, I know; this is like the eighth time I've mentioned it. But seriously, it is the best.

"At the hub of the bridge, in 1888, here in Whitechapel...excuse me"

I do get goosebumps every time I hear that intro. Perfect. Sends chills down the spine when the song kicks off.

I do get goosebumps every time I hear that intro. Perfect. Sends chills down the spine when the song kicks off.

Exactly. That's why I'm not allowed to listen to it when Mrs. NRitH's around. I should never have told her what he's saying, and that it really is about Jack the Ripper...

Since I'm at work, I'm gonna listen to it right now. Maybe a dozen times.

Aaah, bliss...

i read somewhere (probably passions..., but as has been noted, that's inaccessible right now) that during his show in paris in '91, he said "i cannot speak french". that show was, if memory serves me right, radio-broadcasted, so a lot of people heard it. so i guess a lot of the audience got the reference when he said "i still cannot speak french".

Last edited:
It's one of my all time favourites as well. There are a couple of cover versions of it, you can find them on youtube if you want. I wouldn't recommend it though. One by My Chemical Romance and the other by AFI.

Bit off topic, sorry...

Yeah, I stumbled across the MCR one the other week. It was so dreadful I couldn't finish it.

i read somewhere (probably passions..., but as has been noted, that's inaccessible right now) that during his show in paris in '91, he said "i cannot speak french". that show was, if memory serves me right, radio-broadcasted, so a lot of people heard it. so i guess a lot of the audience got the reference when he said "i still cannot speak french".

Ah! That explains the crowd's love of the fact that Morrissey couldn't speak French... heheh

This is the bestest intro to Jack The Ripper ever.

Crispy, I nearly choked giggling then, thanks.

love

Grim

Ohh.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jack the Ripper. It is such an underrated song !! And my favorite version is the one on Beethoven - so much better than the studio verson IMHO.

I also love the one on M in Manchester... what a great DVD, btw! :D

oh, and I hate that version by MCR,that someone showed me the other day... OH, THE HORROR! :p

Back
Top Bottom