Johnny gig at the Night & Day Cafe, tonight. (Thursday, Sep. 29)

Nothing was said until after the show, he walked onto the speaker infront of me and MrShankly93. Came closer to me and then touched my forehead with his. Beautiful moment, spoke to him after the show and got a picture with him, plectrum and signature. Roll on deaf institute!

This is the moment your talking about

314415_10150326265721025_733641024_8277789_377472278_n.jpg

Vocals on Headmaster a bit tepid, not enough indignation. Good on How Soon is, though (what does Johnny say after the first lyric?) Band seem pretty good though -- are all the members different than The Healers v.1?

Man it would be great to see Morrissey and Marr together on stage. Just. Once. More.

Vocals on Headmaster a bit tepid, not enough indignation. Good on How Soon is, though (what does Johnny say after the first lyric?) Band seem pretty good though -- are all the members different than The Healers v.1?

Man it would be great to see Morrissey and Marr together on stage. Just. Once. More.

He asked the sound engineer for more vocals - presumably through his monitor.

Dave

Entered the fray to the sounds of Scott. Button-down black number, he's lean and swaggering. Looks like Pacino in Scarface if he were mod, I wouldn't f***ing mess. Seriously. 'Marr Mod' - I like it.

The band sound sharp as well, no dirge rock. We're channelling Teenage Fanclub, Orange Juice, Buzzcocks, Spector, the lot... Nice sounds. Promise.

Sweet and Tender Hooligan was visceral and vital. The guitar pushed aside, leaning forward over the front row sneering - the front man is emerging.

Shirt change (doesn't throw it in, nice shirt afterall). Encore . Sixties tune, forgive me, I'm of less summers than Johnny so couldn't place it - was a groove though. Bit of a singer coming through, belting it out - it's too late to stop now.

The End.

Sweet and Tender Hooligan!!!

I need a bootleg of this show.

I wonder if Mike Joyce will tweet that Johnny shouldn't use Morrissey's lyrics.

Re: Johnny gig at the Night & Day Cafe, tonight.

From the videos, it looks great. I would love to see them if they came to play here. Yay Johnny!

There's a review if you fancy it http://www.new-reviews.co.uk/?p=4914 Obviously from a fan...

Unbuttoning the collar of his shirt, he complains about the heat, a fan shouts out ‘You’re Cool’

‘I’m not – I’m hot’, he replies as he wipes his brow time and time again, his black shirt dripping with hard earned perspiration.

The night reaches a crescendo as fans hear the first chords of ‘How soon Is Now’, all eyes riveted to the stage. This is man is passionate about his music, he has a tremendous stage presence (with or without Morrissey) and a talent indescribable in words. He thrashes away at a collection of guitars, strings plucked in flawless fashion, he’s in a league of his own. Fans squeal with approval – they’re totally overwhelmed, we’re in the presence of a god.​

Dave

Thanks for the posting Dave.

I shoot and write for New Reviews and Designer Magazine.
I'll be at Tuesday's DI gig, I'll post if there's another review.

Last edited:

Does the music hall at the Deaf Institute have a smaller capacity than the Night & Day? Should I get there early?

I was at this gig and it was brilliant. I love Night and Day I think it's an incredible venue

Back
Top Bottom