Kim Tae-hyung of BTS spotted at a movie premiere in Seoul wearing an "interesting" T-shirt (April 24, 2023)

Global pop heartthrob Kim Tae-hyung of BTS spotted yesterday at a movie premiere in Seoul, wearing an "interesting" T-shirt...

kim.jpg

Also:

From: https://www.etsy.com/listing/285955471/morrissey-interesting-drug-1989-original

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to be proved wrong, but I imagine the image on his T Shirt means as much to him as those fashionistas who wear Guns N' Roses, Ramones or Motorhead shirts.

https://www.intomore.com/the-intern...-two-bts-members-just-came-out-of-the-closet/

This is now being interpreted in some circles as evidence of Kim Tae-hyung's queerness. (Morrissey reference in article above, but most of the focus is on Oscar Wilde...)

Relevant section:

He’s wearing a shirt from the 80s bearing an old Punch Magazine caricature of Oscar Wilde, aka the most famous tragic gay man who ever lived. For those who somehow don’t know, Wilde was sentenced to two years of hard labor in 1895 after he was convicted of “gross indecency” with men, a misdemeanor at the time. The sentence broke him, and he died only 3 years after his release, alone, broke, and fighting a duel to the death against his wallpaper. V’s shirt also alludes to famous Wilde-worshipper and (basically) queer singer-songwriter Morrissey.

So yeah. We’re having some thoughts and feelings.

Well, this is good because that boy has a kazillion fans. You know, we always looked up who Morrissey was listening to back in the day…and so will this kid’s fans. It’s a win.

Not the kind of shirt you buy at Hot Topic or whatever, is it? This makes me think the kid could actually be a fan. Good for him, if that’s the case.

bts are absolutely huge everywhere,classic pretty boys who can sing and dance.
dont be fooled by k pop,it has a very dark side as well.
park seo-joon who is in the film is a very good actor.

Well, this is good because that boy has a kazillion fans. You know, we always looked up who Morrissey was listening to back in the day…and so will this kid’s fans. It’s a win.
well, no, this particular (and famously toxic) fanbase is the first to compile a list of "problematic" things anybody has ever said or done and accuse them of being every -ist and -phobe under the sun. i wouldn't be surprised if there's actually an uptick of people who don't know the first thing about Morrissey hating him or flat out dismissing him as problematic. someone like Morrissey is the antithesis of the cookie cutter industry that are kpop boy and girl groups

also, Etsy isn't particularly popular in Korea so this is far likely to be an international fan's gift. this might be the first time i'm questioning a front page feature

Sign them up as the support band for the July gigs! Aylesbury won't know what hit it...

Sign them up as the support band for the July gigs! Aylesbury won't know what hit it...
Are we even sure there is going to be a band to open for? Have they announced replacements for those that quit other than Alain Whyte? It could be an animatronic backing band at this point for all we know

well, no, this particular (and famously toxic) fanbase is the first to compile a list of "problematic" things anybody has ever said or done and accuse them of being every -ist and -phobe under the sun. i wouldn't be surprised if there's actually an uptick of people who don't know the first thing about Morrissey hating him or flat out dismissing him as problematic. someone like Morrissey is the antithesis of the cookie cutter industry that are kpop boy and girl groups

also, Etsy isn't particularly popular in Korea so this is far likely to be an international fan's gift. this might be the first time i'm questioning a front page feature
I don’t know a thing about BTS, his band his music, or his fans - except that they have A LOT of them. I just see a great opportunity for Morrissey. Morrissey has some of the most judgmental and invidious fans on earth himself, so I don’t think we’re treading in unknown waters, here.

Morrissey couldn’t care less for all I know. But wouldn’t it be great if some of those less condemnatory fans listened and really loved Morrissey’s music?

See now this is the important front page content I’m here for!

So some guy who makes seriously shit music is wearing a Morrissey T shirt?
I think the point (maybe too strong a word) is that a guy from a band with 36 million monthly listeners on Spotify is wearing a Morrissey (1.8 million monthly listeners) T-shirt. And if that nudges even 0.01% of BTS listeners to trying a Morrissey song in order to better understand the mind of their massive, massive crush then maybe that's not a bad thing?

Back
Top Bottom