Lady Gaga new single "Born This Way" breaking sales records

Sorry to be so crass but all modern pop chart music is f***ing shite. It's really not worth a mention.

imo

What was that song in Spinal Tap where they came out in pods and one of them didn't work until the last note and the song was over?

It may have been "Stonehenge," why? Nigel Tufnel's pod didn't open.

In Stonehenge the Stonehenge set was built the same size as the model and the dwarves were towering over it. The bass players pod didn't open in another song. Nigel's pod opens but his wireless system picks up the local radio station. Lady Gaga should get their manager and hire her to act like she's her manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an egg. She says she was in it for three days. Probably some reference to mythology.

This is the 'Born This Way' video. 'World' Premiere. I am 'speechless'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

I'd like my 7:20 minutes back, please.

Here's some extremely yawn-inducing analysis of the video. Why is she chewing gum at the end? You'd think that'd be touched on in a play-by-play symbollic break down?

Eugh. I find this video so vulgar - she may be individual and all that but she is extremely annoying and frankly needs to put some clothes on!! I respect her for being out there and different but I think she takes it a step too far...

Well I have not heard this single....and I'm not bothered either way!

I've heard this a couple of times now and thought it was actually called Born to Swing so there I was in the supermarket singing Born to Swing, no wonder people were looking at me.

Right, and I remember you think she's unoriginal and just wants to be famous. But weren't you trying to get on television playing cover versions? You just need to get your wig situation together and go for it.

Err, no I wasn't, you must be thinking of someone else there.

The whole Gaga thing is emperor's new clothes syndrome.

P.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/104569-Well-how-about-that-an-audition

Well, how about that, an audition

Just back from Leeds, and there's a letter waiting for me saying I've an audition for Britain's Got Talent in Manc in three week's time. Woo, and indeed, hoo. I'll fark it up, just like I always do.

Peter​

Re: Well, how about that, an audition

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Franzanna
I'm guessing you applied for it? Congratulations/commiserations, what are you going to try to impress the country with?

Just a bit of singing. I put on the audition form that I'd be a mix of McFly/Morrissey/Bobby Darin/Andrew Gold and Gilbert O'Sullivan. The fools.

Peter​

Attachments

• 2m7ysee.jpg
    2m7ysee.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 8
I don't get it.

Yeah, a song like 'Born This Way' is probably supposed to make all her "little monsters" proud of what/who they are, but having her dancing round in very little isn't going to help them or make them proud they were 'born this way' if they're 15 stone and single.

Hmm.

Still, it's good to watch as a bloke! :popcorn:

According to http://www.writerswrite.com/blog/403111 :
- Lady Gaga has signed on to write a column for V magazine. Lada Gaga shared the news on Twitter last week that she will be a fashion and art columnist for V. The columnist job will be yet another creative role for Lady Gaga. She is also the creative director for Polaroid. She helped them create Camera Glasses and launch other products at the Consumer Electronics Show.

MTV News reports that V told them Lady Gaga will weigh in "on all things fashion throughout her multiverse." The first column will appear in the summer issue of V
. -

It sounds a lot like Madonna from the early 90's. That's a good thing. You can't really do better than this with pop dance music. Lyrics aren't super well thought out, but the chorus is what matters and it works.

The only single I've really liked from her before was "Telephone." I found the melodies of the other songs to be a little too blatant actually, and I didn't like to hear them because they would get stuck in my head, This one is more about thump thump thump thump with some less ambitious, less insistent melodies over the top, which makes it a lot easier to listen to in a relaxed way, in my opinion.

I think it's a pretty mediocre song.

Telephone was dreadful.

Bad Romance was catchy.

Papparazzi was ok but the cover by that 5th grade kid Grayson or something was better.

I expect better from her in the future.

I think it's a pretty mediocre song.

Telephone was dreadful.

Bad Romance was catchy.

Papparazzi was ok but the cover by that 5th grade kid Grayson or something was better.

I expect better from her in the future.

You missed the chance to say "I was bored this way."

Tags
kfc winning
Back
Top Bottom