Liverpool, one week on feelings

Didn't blame him last Saturday, and don't blame him now. Fully understand that he ddn't come back on. I'm just sad I probably won't be able to come all the way from Norway for a (possible) new gig, but that's not M's fault.

Was the guy who threw the bottle/cup actually found?

Oh Asil, what a shame that you came all that way you must have been so disappointed. My sister lives in Norway. I don't blame you for not coming back if he re-schedules, it would cost a fortune.I only came from Manchester but still was so upset when he didn't come back on. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in England.

Oh Asil, what a shame that you came all that way you must have been so disappointed. My sister lives in Norway. I don't blame you for not coming back if he re-schedules, it would cost a fortune.I only came from Manchester but still was so upset when he didn't come back on. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in England.

When it happened, I just had the worst flashback to the Oslo gig earlier this year - when he was hit by a beer (plastic) cup. Luckily, he got back on. Just hopes he'll return here again some day even if he got wet..

Had a perfect time in Liverpool! Love the city (the tiny brown pubs - LOVE! (had the perfect guidebook: "The Great Liverpool Pub Crawl")), but was so disappointed we left a day early and headed for Nijmegen instead. Where we were lucky enough to see & hear the man once again! (thanks again, Brussels-Ivan!) :thumb:

Hope your sister likes it here! :)

This is so upsetting and tragic. I don't know what is wrong with Morrissey but it isn't funny. Please have little respect if nothing else. Try to be cool when being kicked in the teeth

2 weeks ( and 5 days on...)....
I Still maintain that Morrissey did the only sensible thing......such a shame to disappoint so many fans, but the Man ( NOBODY, in fact ....) did not deserve that shoddy show of Lack of respect.....still Lubs ya Moz......please come back soon.....maybe the Liverpool arena will have sorted their ( laughably RIDICULOUS) security out by the time you feel up to playing there again.....

2 weeks ( and 5 days on...)....
I Still maintain that Morrissey did the only sensible thing......such a shame to disappoint so many fans, but the Man ( NOBODY, in fact ....) did not deserve that shoddy show of Lack of respect.....still Lubs ya Moz......please come back soon.....maybe the Liverpool arena will have sorted their ( laughably RIDICULOUS) security out by the time you feel up to playing there again.....

Not sure he'll play the Echo Arena again, but hopefully won't taint people from Liverpool because of a one off event from a rumoured Burnley bloke. He's lost his way, and possibly his collection of loyalty, which is upsetting. Hope he's back to normal soon, but doubt I'll see him in the same light again. Too much has changed.

Not sure he'll play the Echo Arena again, but hopefully won't taint people from Liverpool because of a one off event from a rumoured Burnley bloke. He's lost his way, and possibly his collection of loyalty, which is upsetting. Hope he's back to normal soon, but doubt I'll see him in the same light again. Too much has changed.

get over it, how can this one event taint your view on morrissey?? Yes i was mad for a few days, but then just listened to Vauxhall and I and all was forgotten.

Yes Moz should have come back on in my opinion, but at the same time i can understand why he didnt:thumb:

get over it, how can this one event taint your view on morrissey?? Yes i was mad for a few days, but then just listened to Vauxhall and I and all was forgotten.

Yes Moz should have come back on in my opinion, but at the same time i can understand why he didnt:thumb:

About 10,000 true fans is the reason. Throwing the bottle from a mosh pit is wrong within context, sending everyone home is wrong out of context

.... I was there on the night, and at the time felt it was fair enough for him to walk away from a splashed drink, but, the next day composed my feelings and felt anger, betrayal and, to be honest, like a lover had ditched me. Years and years of loyalty thrown back in my face. One week on I have settled slightly, but I honestly don't think I will EVER see him in quite the same light again. Yes it was wrong to throw, and it was wrong to walk off. Two wrongs don't make a right. How does everyone feel now a week has passed?

Now direct all that betrayal, anger and disappointment towards the arsehole that threw the drink at Morrissey. If a walk off is all it takes to sway your adoration then um.... or focus on the countless gigs you've probably been to where he didn't walk off.

Lol if you're waiting for Moz to get back to normal I hope you're not doing much for the next 100 years.

Nothin has changed. He always hated tossers and still does :D

About 10,000 true fans is the reason. Throwing the bottle from a mosh pit is wrong within context, sending everyone home is wrong out of context

Like I said get over it, nothings going to change now. Also like someone else said, if this is all it takes to make you hate morrissey or whatever then you need to think about how much you actually like him

Like I said get over it, nothings going to change now. Also like someone else said, if this is all it takes to make you hate morrissey or whatever then you need to think about how much you actually like him

Not sure what "Get over it" is meant to imply but it has implications of dismissal. I am still a Morrissey fan, but I view him in a different light after witnessing a "bond of trust being abused" if you like. He behaved differently than he did for the previously 25 years. I don't need to go into detail but his character is altered to the extent of being disturbing; using the F- word for example.

I think it was really horrible of him to do that. Honestly it was. People came to see him and he failed. He's a performer and he didn't perform. It's as simple as that. If it was some horrible performer you guys would hate it. I don't mean to be a douchebag and as I'm new I shouldn't be saying this but if it wasn't Morrissey I think you guys would agree with me.

Not sure what "Get over it" is meant to imply but it has implications of dismissal. I am still a Morrissey fan, but I view him in a different light after witnessing a "bond of trust being abused" if you like. He behaved differently than he did for the previously 25 years. I don't need to go into detail but his character is altered to the extent of being disturbing; using the F- word for example.

No morrissey has always behaved the way he wants to behave, he is his own person and won't just do what "everyone" else wants him to do. He does what he wants to do which is still quite unique in the music Industry. Like I said earlier I agree he should have come back on in my opinion but I can understand why he didn't. Also you say his character has altered, well he is getting older and people change, that's life. You can't expect him to still be the morrissey of his 20's letting people get on stage swinging flowers. Also morrissey left the stage once in Preston after 1 song after being hit with a missile not to return.

When I say get over it I mean that in a non malice way. I mean try to forget and forgive, try to see it from morrisseys point of view. It might be hard to believe but morrissey probably still gets nervous about playing in frot of 9000 people, and to be humilliated like that must have dinted his confidence

I think it was really horrible of him to do that. Honestly it was. People came to see him and he failed. He's a performer and he didn't perform. It's as simple as that. If it was some horrible performer you guys would hate it. I don't mean to be a douchebag and as I'm new I shouldn't be saying this but if it wasn't Morrissey I think you guys would agree with me.

Morrissey isn't a performer, as he says only seals perform. Also no matter who the artist, you don't expect them to walk off after two songs, but at the same time they don't expect to have missiles thrown at them neither.

Remember morrissey is human an if you were stood in front of 9000 people and got something thrown at you, I bet you'd be embarresed. I mean I bet his family and friends were at the gig aswell

1984 The Smiths played a small venue in Glasgow......the idiots who were there spat on him and threw beer bottles at the stage. He told them plainly that the concert would be off if it continued. It stopped!!A year later at Barrowlands a few idiots again threw cups of lager at Morrissey..... he walked off stage and a roadie came on and passed a message to Johnny Marr who told the crowd the next thing thrown on stage and we're out of here. Morrissey has never taken to things being aimed at him and never will that is the way he has ALWAYS been but then again folks like myself who have followed him since it all began would understand that!!

Morrissey isn't a performer, as he says only seals perform. Also no matter who the artist, you don't expect them to walk off after two songs, but at the same time they don't expect to have missiles thrown at them neither.

Remember morrissey is human an if you were stood in front of 9000 people and got something thrown at you, I bet you'd be embarresed. I mean I bet his family and friends were at the gig aswell

Nice quote with the seals thing, I forgot about that :lbf:

Yeah I'd be embarrassed but I doubt everyone was laughing at him, I'm sure they were pretty pissed off as well.

Agreed.

Morrissey isn't a performer, as he says only seals perform.

Yet he plays the same set night after night, goes through the same actions, lays on the floor at the same moments during the same songs, throws his shirt at the same time ect. ect. ect....
I know he hates the term "Performer"... but he is. And becoming more so all the time.
This isn't meant to sound as though I've lost any respect or admiration for the man, I have not, but this fuss over "I am NOT a performer!" is more than absurd.

1984 The Smiths played a small venue in Glasgow......the idiots who were there spat on him and threw beer bottles at the stage. He told them plainly that the concert would be off if it continued. It stopped!!A year later at Barrowlands a few idiots again threw cups of lager at Morrissey..... he walked off stage and a roadie came on and passed a message to Johnny Marr who told the crowd the next thing thrown on stage and we're out of here. Morrissey has never taken to things being aimed at him and never will that is the way he has ALWAYS been but then again folks like myself who have followed him since it all began would understand that!!

Yeah but the difference there is he didn't just walk off and not come back at the first thing that hit him... he sent a very clear message that it was unacceptable, and, surprise surprise, the missiles stopped. Had he done that in Liverpool, I doubt this thread would even exist...

For god sakes all whiners stop whining and go somewhere else, like maybe a Robbie Williams place

Tags
bluebirds=right morrizsey=right
Back
Top Bottom