Los Angeles, CA - Shrine Auditorium (Nov. 26, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Maladjusted / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat Is Murder / Satellite Of Love / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / All The Lazy Dykes / People Are The Same Everywhere / I Know It's Over / Speedway // Still Ill

set list provided by robertboyracer

Last edited:
The setlist has been roughly the same the whole tour, why are some of you surprised with it? Anyway, I thought it was a good show, he was more talkative last night than in Vegas but he seemed to be more into the show before last

THE REASON THE SHOW IS SOOOOSLOOOOW IS BC OF THE WEAK SETLIST. Morrissey has reached a point in his career were even the diehards just want to hear the hits. For the amount of loot we're dropping for his gigs and how much we (specially the Hispanic community) are lining his pockets I feel we should be treated to the HITS plus maybe two or three new songs. I can totally appreciate new material from the man. Plus the gig itself was short as f***, one encore? GTFOOH Moz. Im even letting you slide for your failure to remember some of the lyrics. All Im asking is give us Sing Your Life, BoyRacer, First of The Gang, Everyday is Like, PlayBoys, Sister Im a, Boxers, Certain People I, Irish Blood.
MORRISSEY PLAYING HITS, CAN NOT BE TOUCHED BY ANYONE!!

I can smell the venue from here after the white trash that was in it tried to dance and just got sweaty and that smells like shit. That fat poof Morrissey is white trash cause anyone into rockabilly is without a shadow of a doubt white trash like that german whore Natalie who think she is someone when in all honesty she is just old and desperate and the best at looking fooking cheap dressed in table cloths and weird hair.

Urban el Suede (I still hate mexicans)

all you f***heads complaing about the stage jumpers... GET THE f*** OUTTA HERE!! It was a Morrissey show! What the f*** are you expecting? MORE STAGE JUMPERS AT POMONA PLEASE. f*** THESE OLD BAG DINOSAURS COMPLAINING N' SHIT.

Maladjusted, Speedway, I Know Its Over, I Want the One I cant Have, Alma Matters... in one setlist?!? f*** the hits, sounds like this tour is for us hardcore fans.

f*** off all you people complaing about how much you spent and you got no hits. You should feel honored to have experienced such a rare setlist. You want hits, go to a Rihanna show.

all you f***heads complaing about the stage jumpers... GET THE f*** OUTTA HERE!! It was a Morrissey show! What the f*** are you expecting? MORE STAGE JUMPERS AT POMONA PLEASE. f*** THESE OLD BAG DINOSAURS COMPLAINING N' SHIT.
O.K. ! A,"mass-stage-invasion", at POMONA!!! Overwhelming the guards!
"death-threats"?

The Show Was Amazing Except For When Everyone Was Lining Up... This Bitch NAMED MARGARET Swore She Was Running Shit Talking About "The List" She Almost Got Punched In The Face By Another Girl... Margaret, If Your Reading This Your Actions Were Not Necessary, Who Cares If You Were There Since 1 PM, Your A Delusional Female Who Needed To Take An Xanax... The Show Was Great (Except For Kristeen Young) But Morrissey Choose Her To Open The Show So What Can You Do Except Applaud When She Sings Her Last Song... Im Glad I Was Able To See Him... Note: For All You Other Fans That Are Seeing Him In Pomona And Oakland And Get To See Him Multiple Times Thru Out This Tour.. Have A Good Time =)

Maladjusted, Speedway, I Know Its Over, I Want the One I cant Have, Alma Matters... in one setlist?!? f*** the hits, sounds like this tour is for us hardcore fans.

f*** off all you people complaing about how much you spent and you got no hits. You should feel honored to have experienced such a rare setlist. You want hits, go to a Rihanna show.

It's not necessarily "hits" that are needed, it's just good songs, and he has a hundred of them. Maladjusted could be replaced by Trouble Loves Me, All The Lazy Dykes could be replaced by Come Back To Camden, Satellite of Love could be replaced by ANYTHING, and People Are The Same Everywhere could be replaced by Scandinavia or Art-Hounds and it would have been an immensely better concert.

Overall, though, I'll look back positively for the great moments we did have: Speedway, I Know It's Over, I Want The One I Can't Have and Alma Matters were all highlights and classics, whether they are considered "hits" or not. Morrissey has a hundred other songs like them that would get similar reactions, but instead he chooses a handful of his less-interesting songs, and in a 17 song concert, it really stands out and those sections drag. It seems he either needs to play a normal length of a concert, at which point people will be more forgiving, as there will be more chance for personal favorites to be played amidst the handful of duds, or he needs to play more popular songs in his shorter set.

I agree it.. show was too short.
Parking was insane due to the USC game... or the Bears Game as Moz called it.
Stage Invaders went bonkers on Still Ill. That was pretty awesome.

I don't know why people keep whining! You got to see a living legend and hear his gorgeous voice. Also he played a great setlist (Alma Matters, I Know It's Over, Speedway, Still Ill, and I Want The One I Can't Have??) Maybe I observed things differently than some jaded cynics did, but I saw a Morrissey who was delighted to receive all those gifts people in front gave him, a Morrissey who reached out to each person who climbed on stage to be near him. And the stage invaders are not a source of annoyance to me, in factI feel it wouldn't be a true and proper satisfying Morrissey show without them. I wasn't alone in this, since as far as I could tell the crowd cheered when our fellow fans made it on and we could live vicariously through them. I didn't hear anyone complaining, except about Kristeen Young (who is admittedly hard to disgest). Morrissey never seemed disinteresed. He has a commanding stage presence and always seemed majestic. Who knew why he left out one song, he's an artist performing and can do whatever he damn well pleases. The fans I saw were vey passionate, even Davey Havok from AFI and Thomas Lennon from Reno 911were genuinely excited to be there. Someone said everyone there was a "dinosaur" but I saw plenty of young So Cal Subcultural kids and people in their 20's and 30's. It was pleasant to see a little boy dressed like a little greaser holding his mom's hand and walking into his first Morrissey show. Yes the crowd was heavily Latino, after all this is Los Angeles and by now we are all well aware of Morrissey's Latino fanbase in LA and other Southwestern US cities (San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, Escondido, Pomona, etc). Most of the cities on his current US tour boast significant Mexican populations (even Chicago is 25% Latino and Pomona is a whopping 71% Latino). These Latino fans are very passionate and loyal and I doubt many of them would be on this website whining about him in any way. He thanked the crowd in Spanish. The setlist and the inter-song banter has been documented but as to his wardrobe, he wore a tight brown v-neck longsleeve and loose-fitting blue jeans. He did not change except for the encore where he came out still buttoning up a dark blue shirt. Meat is Murder was introduced as "It Isn't Very Nice And You Shouldn't Do It". The video projection was very intense and graphic and was a testament for his empathy for the cruelty inflicted on animals. The parking situation was difficult, compounded by the USC/UCLA football game (played at a stadium that holds 90,000 people and was almost certainly full). I paid 25 dollars to park in the structure for the California Science Center and it was worth every penny. The show was lovely and I wish other people could be happy that they got to experience it.

Great show but he seemed annoyed at the end (I think because of the stage invaders) and he told the band individually something, which is when they left out a song. After Still ill he abruptly left and didn't toss his shirt.

Yeah.. he did seem annoyed by the Stage Invaders.
It was pretty funny though how crazy they got.

Morrissey’s set list is awful. He should play only slow songs and play Papa Jack and Hand in Glove and You were Good In Your Time and End of The Family Line, Sorrow will come in the End. Morrissey is my imaginary friend and he talks me to me subliminally and tells me I am out of my mind and lost time and I know Morrissey speaks to me, You just must be jokin’ with all that coke in you. and a medley of songs from the NY Dolls. He should play Mexico not once but twice in his set list as it is so so good. Morrissey should play slower songs at his upcoming shows as they need to promote his new album and I think he should play 2 new unreleased songs at the next gigs.
I want to hear these so much as well as of course keeping Scandinavia and the Dykes songs as they are surely some of his classics. Sand in baby the. I fell in love with him in maladjusted. Maladjusted doesn’t need to readjusted it is perfect the way it is. I love Morrissey set list. I’ve been advised by online psychiatrist if I go to his concerts. Why doesn’t Morrissey want me there it’s not fair.
I hope he listens to me as then for sure his fan base will grow maybe even into three figures.

I've seen Morrissey in concert many times and I have to say this was my least favorite! Where was Morrissey's enthusiasm? Where were all the up-beat hits? He made references to songs he didn't even play and then ended so abruptly. Needless to say, I left feeling very disappointed... And as for youngsters making idiotic comments about the crowd and The Smiths... His "older" fans are the ones who've been with him since the beginning! Chances are the only reason YOU know who Morrissey is, is because one of those "older" fans introduced u to his music!... and newsflash, Morrissey WAS The Smiths and still plays their music (he played some last night!)... Know your tunes.

I loved the show & don't understand why so many people are bitching about the set list. It would've been nice if the show was a bit longer though.:cool:

I haven't been to a Morrissey concert for the better part of 20 years, but I'm obsessed with this website and I eat my own scabs. Rednecks forever.

Urban the Swede (hating Ting Tong since 1908)

THE REASON THE SHOW IS SOOOOSLOOOOW IS BC OF THE WEAK SETLIST. Morrissey has reached a point in his career were even the diehards just want to hear the hits. For the amount of loot we're dropping for his gigs and how much we (specially the Hispanic community) are lining his pockets I feel we should be treated to the HITS plus maybe two or three new songs. I can totally appreciate new material from the man. Plus the gig itself was short as f***, one encore? GTFOOH Moz. Im even letting you slide for your failure to remember some of the lyrics. All Im asking is give us Sing Your Life, BoyRacer, First of The Gang, Everyday is Like, PlayBoys, Sister Im a, Boxers, Certain People I, Irish Blood.
MORRISSEY PLAYING HITS, CAN NOT BE TOUCHED BY ANYONE!!

If you ever seen Morrissey before you know he only plays about 70 to 90 mins the most. Back in the 90's people were complaining about the length of the show. Well nothings changed & probably never will. His reasoning is he plays just as many songs as most artist 18-20 songs. The only thing is, most Morrissey songs are only about 3-4 mins.

As for the choice in songs, well he only plays what he wants. I don't think he cares too much as to what the crowd wants. But he does try to please with an old favorite here & there like Sunday, Ouija Board, Irish, 1st In The Gang.

If you're a casual fan this may be a surprise but if you've been a long time fan, this shouldn't be by now.

I am Morrissey’s “number one” supporter. The rest of you jocks, carnivores and pretend “fans” just get in the way. Why, why, why. Why has Morrissey ‘s online psychiatrist advised me not to go out there? I know all the lyrics to Black Cloud.

I am waiting for you to say something.

I loved the show & don't understand why so many people are bitching about the set list. It would've been nice if the show was a bit longer though.:cool:

Ya I thought it was a good show. Thought i'd enjoy Wednesday's show more but I rather liked the The Shrine show better. I enjoyed it more then I thought considering I was in the balcony.

Back
Top Bottom