Louder Than War: "How soon is now? Billy Duffy finally joins Johnny Marr on stage" (August 17, 2023)

How soon is now? Billy Duffy finally joins Johnny Marr on stage

full

Footage of their non-Smiths cover version (I Feel You):

Related post below formerly in 'strange' thread:

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what they mean by using the word 'finally'in the headline, seeing as Johnny and Billy have played together on stage before several times. I guess they couldn't be bothered to do any research. doh:

Blimey. Their collaboration for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly—on that NME covers CD set—was brilliant.

This is great! Thanks to everyone who posted the media as well!

Big fan of both of these guys, who shared an apartment as teens and ended up growing into great guitarists with their own unique voices/way of playing. Duffy has such a smooth style, much more than what you see on these clips. If you don't know, listen to The Cult's 'Phoenix' and 'Hinterland', as well as Death Cult's 'Ghost Dance' for excellent examples of Billy's playing and writing.

This is great! Thanks to everyone who posted the media as well!

Big fan of both of these guys, who shared an apartment as teens and ended up growing into great guitarists with their own unique voices/way of playing. Duffy has such a smooth style, much more than what you see on these clips. If you don't know, listen to The Cult's 'Phoenix' and 'Hinterland', as well as Death Cult's 'Ghost Dance' for excellent examples of Billy's playing and writing.

See Billy around Alderley Edge now and again, think his girlfriend lives here.

See Billy around Alderley Edge now and again, think his girlfriend lives here.

That's so cool man!!! Obviously, he's just a regular person with a 'job' and his own life, but it would be really memorable seeing him, and/or nice to say hello to him.

This ex Smiths ruins perfectly the lyrics of M and even dares to ruin a Depeche Mode's song. How boring.
And less than 800 persons attended, he is SO popular!

I really enjoy reading your posts, you can see how much it’s hurts you to see Johnny enjoying himself.
🤣🤣 and once again you pay too much attention to me, the joke is on you, but nice try, small one

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom