"Love Bites" - Morrissey fan documentary from 1995 on YouTube

Off all of these people interviewed and pictured, who is still around in the Morrissey world? Obviously Julia and Winnie are, and I've seen Libby at random shows in recent years, but what about any of the others, many of which I'm not familiar with. Also, forgive me is this is somewhat common knowledge, but what happened to Darren and Tom?

Darren had a heart attack, Tom died in a car crash

Really enjoyable video, what a great find. Tremendous memories there.
Thanks to those who made the video and put it out there.

To the anonymous troll judging the fans in the documentary...compare their happiness in that moment to your cynicism and reflect on.

That is excellent. Alain on scooter at 13:20, Julia making her zine at 25:00, and again on her bed at 28:16, 29:45, 32:03, Winnie Wong at various points, and David and Russ get a credit at the end. Also, at the very end I found it interesting that it looks like it was edited by Julia, and funded by her Dad?

P.

Wrong.

Brian Riley was Julia's deceased husband

Really enjoyable video, what a great find. Tremendous memories there.
Thanks to those who made the video and put it out there.

To the anonymous troll judging the fans in the documentary...compare their happiness in that moment to your cynicism and reflect on.

Fair dues to those fans on the video who queued up in bad weather to follow Moz. They didn't have to. Moz should be thankful to them (he probably was). It was poignant to see so many people coughing and spluttering during their Moz pilgrimage for the Boxers tour, especially as some are no longer with us. They deserve respect and part of me wishes I could whisk back in time to give them a nice cup of tea or something to keep the chill out. They are innocence personified.

Acton, you have a soul intact!
Fair dues to those fans on the video who queued up in bad weather to follow Moz. They didn't have to. Moz should be thankful to them (he probably was). It was poignant to see so many people coughing and spluttering during their Moz pilgrimage for the Boxers tour, especially as some are no longer with us. They deserve respect and part of me wishes I could whisk back in time to give them a nice cup of tea or something to keep the chill out. They are innocence personified.

So Julia inherited her husband who died and so she has been married. Blimey, what next, Gollum getting stitched?

I googled Brian Riley and up came a link about wrongful death.

*Shrug*

Phillip Jump also played the part of the bear in the tv show Bo Selecta !
Famous people used to read him stories and his tail would pop out, I loved you in that Phillip in fact I bet Steven utubes you when he's having a session.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Thanks for putting this video up. Boxers was the first Morrissey tour for me, so the video is a nice piece of nostalgia. I'd forgotten how many quiffs were sported back in the day by the faithful.

It's easy to look at life through rose tinted glasses but life did seem more innocent back then. Maybe the lack of internet/social media made life more straight forward without the need for constant updates. I remember hearing about this tour on Radio 1 evening session and tape recording it so I could listen again to the dates. I only made the Brixton show due to student finances but it was enough.

Sad to hear about the passing of people in this video. I remember buying the "All men have secrets" book so it was nice to see one of the people who was involved. Marion were a good band but didn't reach their potential due to class a drugs! I wonder how many people in this video frequent this forum? I thought Bruce Duff might feature as he was a bit of a lifeline back in the day with his fanzine......

Blimey J R must have been at the front when they where giving beaks out !

Nostalgia may have once been regarded as a mental illness but them were great days. Did 3 gigs on the Boxers tour and it's hardly surprising Morrissey was struggling with man flu towards the end of it judging by this video.

Probably the best Morrissey-solo period - exciting vivid times. Cheers to whomever out this up, sorry to hear about people being taken away far too young

From the days when HE had a REAL BAND around him.

I would NEVER put foreign shit on my lawnmower ! "If it ain't broken don't meddle with it Son" Dad always told me.
But anyway Steven knew best and got himself a load of foreign shit parts off E-Bay ! DA DAH. ! ! !
Always buy British you tight B-Stard.

Is there a documentary for the fans in the back row? Because that's where I was. :p

"Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry."

- John Lennon

Nostalgia may have once been regarded as a mental illness but them were great days. Did 3 gigs on the Boxers tour and it's hardly surprising Morrissey was struggling with man flu towards the end of it judging by this video.

Probably the best Morrissey-solo period - exciting vivid times. Cheers to whomever out this up, sorry to hear about people being taken away far too young

There was more than the manflu going on during that tour.

Is there a documentary for the fans in the back row? Because that's where I was. :p

"Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry."

- John Lennon

Your lost Geezer, all those at "the back" have been getting off their tits at "the shame of beloved Mexico" post.

Back
Top Bottom