"Morrissey 25: Live" review by Charlotte O'Sullivan - London Evening Standard (3/5 stars)

Many members of The Audience have long tired of the inane co-dependent babblefest between Morrissey and his front row fan-atics. If he's really interested in probing all this, he could do a pre-concert Q&A or do a lecture tour for his autobiography. However, he's no Hitchens or Dawkins and his 'on the fly' debating skills are not exactly Stephen Fry level, never mind Oscar Wilde. Nowt wrong with that, but he can unintentionally send the wrong signal by not challenging inanities like "thank you for living". The correct response would be "Wake up before you drop dead: I'm here to sing a few songs. Nothing else."

Only about 15...very disappointing.

I booked in advance for fear of not getting a ticket too!

Fifteen ? F I F . . . . . . .TEEEEEEEEEN !!!!!!!!!!
I'm guessing everybody took a leaf out of Moz's book and cancelled at the last minute for whatever strange and bizarre reasons they could make up or maybe they all got the shits after eating pasta ! Oh the wheel really has fallen off the covered wagon hasn't it ? It sounds like they should all be made to wear "We are shit" t-shirts.

Come and join the celebration its a very special day, come and join the celebration Morrissey 25 live film is showing in the UK (But no one could arsed to show up and listen to old slow songs).

Oh well that was a real "Intimate night with Morrissey" wasn't it ?

Thank you for breathing Morrissey you saved my life I can't live if living is without you.

Benny-the-Butcher

I don't care enough to go looking through people's posts, sorry. I have no reason to lie though. On multiple occasions i saw people being dismissed with a "that's gay".

Having been warned and sanctioned, the 'too gay, didn't read' "tg,dr" dross have now dismissed themselves from posting on this site, having had the mother of all hissy fits in failing to label another poster a 'troll' because they disagree/disapproved of them. Their absence is a blessed relief, albeit likely only temporary. No doubt, this will prompt them to rise up in anger and post some hilarious Interweb Meme/GIF.

Fifteen ? F I F . . . . . . .TEEEEEEEEEN !!!!!!!!!!
I'm guessing everybody took a leaf out of Moz's book and cancelled at the last minute for whatever strange and bizarre reasons they could make up or maybe they all got the shits after eating pasta ! Oh the wheel really has fallen off the covered wagon hasn't it ? It sounds like they should all be made to wear "We are shit" t-shirts.

Come and join the celebration its a very special day, come and join the celebration Morrissey 25 live film is showing in the UK (But no one could arsed to show up and listen to old slow songs).

Oh well that was a real "Intimate night with Morrissey" wasn't it ?

Thank you for breathing Morrissey you saved my life I can't live if living is without you.

Benny-the-Butcher

It was disappointing. Although I did go to a 5pm Sunday screening. It screened the previous evening also in the same venue...but I'm not sure how well that was attended.

Back
Top Bottom