Morrissey and Boz Boorer are working on a new album

Harryrag

Adam Ant has worked with Boz Boozer for the best part of 20 years. He has co-written the forthcoming album "Adam Ant Is The Blueblack Hussar In Marrying The Gunner's Daughter".

In an exclusive interview with Music Week Adam has announced that Boz hadn't the time to play with Adam at the Under The Bridge gig because...

Boz is working on a new album with Morrissey!!

Don't believe me? Skip to 3:24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TOAR5vCgXI&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
After a lot of talking about Marr and Street over the last year, I was hoping that Moz was in line to work with one of these again or someone "New".

I've found the last two album quite uninspiring to be honest. I think the music direction needs to change by getting different session players in for the album and writing with someone else. I even find Moz's lyrics mind numbingly repetitive these days. He needs to be kicked out of this ambivalence IMO.

I thought this was a belated April Fools. Trust in threads is broken forever. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again...

Morrissey and Boz working together on a new album was mention on the 6th February in the Rumour Mill thread in the AYNIM forum.

On Twitter @morrisseysmum gave us this news a while back.
I'm not saying it really is Morrissey's mother (of course it isn't), but I have noticed they seem to know things first.

No, it's not me before anyone throws that at me. I really do not know who it is. Wish I did.

Happy-days1.jpg

I have communicated to Boz that I am available to sing background/harmony on the new album. I have provided him with my phone number and await his call...........:mock:

:sleeping: <----- Boz

166401_10150110905091215_681711214_8134459_4343060_n.jpg
:crazy:

Last edited:
I loved the last two albums and look forward to any future release. Those that dislike his recent output should maybe search for some music they do enjoy, rather than wishing for one particular artist to fulfill their indiscernable criteria. I find it very strange and somewhat irritating that people waste thier time on music they hate.

I have communicated to Boz that I am available to sing background/harmony on the new album. I have provided him with my phone number and await his call...........:mock:

:sleeping: <----- Boz

166401_10150110905091215_681711214_8134459_4343060_n.jpg
:crazy:
Well he could do a lot worse.

Agreed. Ringleader gets better with age and Years was really alive with spirit. I know people want even more (i.e. even better) from Morrissey but sometimes they're not seeing the forest for the trees.

I loved the last two albums and look forward to any future release. Those that dislike his recent output should maybe search for some music they do enjoy, rather than wishing for one particular artist to fulfill their indiscernable criteria. I find it very strange and somewhat irritating that people waste thier time on music they hate.

Absolutely. I think the quality of the three comeback albums is remarkable. I can't think of any artist of similar stature who is anywhere near as consistent. I do think most Morrissey albums generally tend to be somewhat underrated upon release... then a few years down the line people come to appreciate how good they are.

I wonder if Alain is still penning music for Moz. Hope so.

Back
Top Bottom