Morrissey Cancels Florida Shows

Re: Morrissey is ill

starting to think he just doesn't feel like performing sometimes...either that or he has a pretty weak immune system. or i'm being harsh.

Most Floridians are displaced NYers anyway so they'll just have to come up north to their summer homes and catch him next month here in NYC!! I will be in the second row at Carnegie Hall and cannot wait!!!!!!!:guitar:

thats me. displaced and out of place down here.
if you have an extra ticket for the carnegie hall gig that you need to get rid of ill make that jacket for free and pay you for the ticket.

Last edited:

Just as long as he doesn't cancel the two Manchester shows then I'm not too bothered. I do feel sorry for those who were supposed to see him (I was meant to see him on the Saturday at the Camden Roundhouse), but I've come to expect this from Morrissey. I mean, come on, the man is nearly fifty and still does really lengthy tours, plus all the hours of practice he has to put in, publicity for the album, song writing etc.

The theater staff is trying to reschedule the concert for April, but refunds can be obtained at the place of purchase.

I'm glad that Boston is sold out...he rarely cancels sold out shows. And if he does they are merely postponed.

Sorry about FL guys. Moz has screwed us again.

Just got this notification on FB. I hope i can get the plane tickets re-imbursed.

David Collyer canceled the event "Jannus Landing". David says, "Florida Shows Cancelled

Regrettably, the first four shows of Morrissey's impending US tour have had to be cancelled due to illness.

Refunds are available at point of purchase.

Morrissey hopes to be fit and well and back out on the road again soon.

Here's a full list of the shows affected:

28th Feb - Mizner Park Boca Raton, FL
1st March - Hard Rock live Orlando, FL
3rd March - Florida Theater Jacksonville, FL
4th March - Jannus Landing Courtyard St. Petersburg, FL". 6 hours ago

Dear Mozizi,

Please PM me your mailing address. I'm gonna send you some Diazapam, Valium, Tarmazpam and maybe some Lithium.

Just got off the phone with TM about the St. Pete show and they do not have any confirmation of yet that the show is canceled and thus cannot do any type of refund. Thought i would post this for those who may call TM and be on hold for 20 yrs.

Just got off the phone with Jannus Landing, and they are trying to reschedule the show. Reason they say is that Moz is indeed ill, and his Dr. won't release him to fly to the States as of yet. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited:
hey just a heads up...

jannus landing box office said the make up date will be released by the end of the day.

the hard rock box office said that the show is cancelled an nothing is planned for the show to be rescheduled. im goin to make some calls an texts now to the inside peeps to find out if they have heard anything.

anyone else hear about this for the other shows?

Just as long as he doesn't cancel the two Manchester shows then I'm not too bothered. I do feel sorry for those who were supposed to see him (I was meant to see him on the Saturday at the Camden Roundhouse), but I've come to expect this from Morrissey. I mean, come on, the man is nearly fifty and still does really lengthy tours, plus all the hours of practice he has to put in, publicity for the album, song writing etc.

What kind of an excuse is that? Paul McCartney is in his 60s, still tours and does almost 3 hour shows every performance. You don't see him canceling left and right. I love Moz and I really shouldn't be surprised he's canceled yet more shows, but give me a break.

At least if he canceled near the end of a tour I could see him being worn out from being on the road and all that. But the first few shows?? I bitched about him canceling on his last tour and it didn't stop me from buying tix to the Carnegie Hall show in NYC (which I HOPE he does now) but if he is really prone to getting sick, maybe he just shouldn't tour and just stick to doing the music festivals and these live appearances and that's it. Ozzy Osbourne even knew he couldn't do full tours anymore so he does less dates when he DOES tour and for his Ozzfest he only does a handful of dates with shorter sets.

hey just a heads up...

jannus landing box office said the make up date will be released by the end of the day.

Is this possible? A make-up date? Oh, here we go again. :D
I may be suckered into going again!:o

Is this possible? A make-up date? Oh, here we go again. :D
I may be suckered into going again!:o

haha im just repeating what they told me.
it seems that the 2 FL venues that are working on rescheduling are the ones that had the best sales. hmmmmm

on another note. you should come out to universal studios/islands of adventure on sunday. there are 4 of us so far. if you see someone with a white bona drag tshirt on say hi!

if you should decide to come back down for rescheduled shows then check out flying in and out of whiteplains/westchester ive find super cheap flights sometimes.

OMG, I will be sooooo happy if the St. Pete show gets reschedule......who cares if it won't be on the week of my birthday, I will still get to see Morrissey. :)

Most Floridians are displaced NYers anyway so they'll just have to come up north to their summer homes and catch him next month here in NYC!!

Yeah right, we're all rich with multiple homes :crazy:

I keep feeling like I still have the show to go to on Sunday, hasn't quite sunken in yet. This whole month sucked so much but this just had to be added on to it. oh well :tears:

I hope some FL shows get rescheduled.
I found out last night St. Pete was canceled along with the rest and the last show I went to ended up being canceled as well. I guess I need to travel away from FL to finally see Morrissey:tears:

Tags
cancellations get well uncle
Back
Top Bottom