Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Walker

Update: Dec. 1, 4:15pm PT:

@apeconcerts Twitter update:

morrissey has postponed @foxoakland tonight, but hold those tickets as we are trying to reschedule asap.

Todd sends the link:

Tonight's Morrissey Show at the Fox Theater Has Been Canceled - SF Weekly
By Ian S. Port Thu., Dec. 1 2011 at 2:57 PM

Update:
Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, hurt his eye, which is why the band cannot play tonight. His publicist says the injury is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

Original post:
Just got word from Morrissey's publicist that tonight's sold-out show at the Fox Theater in Oakland has been canceled.

No explanation for the cancelation was given. But you may remember that last time Morrissey came to Oakland in 2009, he also canceled his show -- allegedly because he was sick. (It didn't please his fans that Moz was seen out at DNA Lounge the night he was supposed to be too ill to play.)

"More details will be given as they become available," his publicist wrote.

Information on refunds was not immediately available, but we'll update this post as we learn more.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

To conquer the heart of one Lancashire bred
Mexicans wear roses white
And the gringos red.

got Belladonna??????

sorry I love Morrissey but while I adore equally wonder why people are expected to adapt to these sudden shifts of non reliability.....SEE: planning a tour why when a certain person who did not have visa issues in order was having a right good time prior could not have that straightened out prior is beyond me good god you have more resources than others.... glad you are having fun but the number of people inconvienced who go out of their way with no explanation or even APOLOGY as in you acknowledge them for their huge efforts is selfish yet a rich person of the Julia variety is the ONLY FAN sorry I don't agree with all of the diehards and have been a fan for years but in all of it they do not even acknowledge or apologize or seem aware of the people who went out of their way.. which an average person does not get enough of in their lifetime...if I was in their place I would be like woooooooooooooow these people go out of their way to see ME and it totally lacks personability as in you are a commodity seriously via TTY or another avenue a hold tight we know you went out of your way would show some gratitude but the only person thanked is the rich bitch??I also in being objective don't understand the people who complain about cancellations because I had plans to attend a cancelled show and was refunded for my ticket, transportation and lodging.That as a human you are responsible when you sign the agreement for those plans whether you were going to see a relative because your dead grandma has left people grieving or you had vacation planned......I do connect and love the music however I do feel that he seems thankless for the people who make the effort.. shit happens this is life....I get it .. I live it in fact.....but it even makes me wonder why someone who has less resources can be more organized or thoughtful....I just feel a huge disconnect in some respects.....wow not even a thankyou to these people who rearrange their life when they don't have to granted it was essentially their decision but the flippancy of not even thanking people the others outside of the one fan who gets the website is sad.......very very sad because there is never any gratitude......you toured outside your country ?well there were people waiting for you........please say something to them but to act like you just don't care is very hurtful and these people support you.....they buy what you sell...I am not pretentious like that but for all the times he has said he is compassionate where is the acknowledgement????I LOVE...but it sucks and I feel it for the others....I got all my shit refunded because I am smart but still think he should at least say SOMETHING

Re: Article: Morrissey gig in Oakland canceled/postponed due to eye injury to Matt Wa

sorry I love Morrissey but while I adore equally wonder why people are expected to adapt to these sudden shifts of non reliability.....SEE: planning a tour why when a certain person who did not have visa issues in order was having a right good time prior could not have that straightened out prior is beyond me good god you have more resources than others.... glad you are having fun but the number of people inconvienced who go out of their way with no explanation or even APOLOGY as in you acknowledge them for their huge efforts is selfish yet a rich person of the Julia variety is the ONLY FAN sorry I don't agree with all of the diehards and have been a fan for years but in all of it they do not even acknowledge or apologize or seem aware of the people who went out of their way.. which an average person does not get enough of in their lifetime...if I was in their place I would be like woooooooooooooow these people go out of their way to see ME and it totally lacks personability as in you are a commodity seriously via TTY or another avenue a hold tight we know you went out of your way would show some gratitude but the only person thanked is the rich bitch??I also in being objective don't understand the people who complain about cancellations because I had plans to attend a cancelled show and was refunded for my ticket, transportation and lodging.That as a human you are responsible when you sign the agreement for those plans whether you were going to see a relative because your dead grandma has left people grieving or you had vacation planned......I do connect and love the music however I do feel that he seems thankless for the people who make the effort.. shit happens this is life....I get it .. I live it in fact.....but it even makes me wonder why someone who has less resources can be more organized or thoughtful....I just feel a huge disconnect in some respects.....wow not even a thankyou to these people who rearrange their life when they don't have to granted it was essentially their decision but the flippancy of not even thanking people the others outside of the one fan who gets the website is sad.......very very sad because there is never any gratitude......you toured outside your country ?well there were people waiting for you........please say something to them but to act like you just don't care is very hurtful and these people support you.....they buy what you sell...I am not pretentious like that but for all the times he has said he is compassionate where is the acknowledgement????I LOVE...but it sucks and I feel it for the others....I got all my shit refunded because I am smart but still think he should at least say SOMETHING

think about in in terms of reality...not fame.....how many people can you count on your hands who would go out of their way to do all of these things?If you posted a comment to random people like will you please book a hotel and pay for this and that ...and track me down even though you don't know me will you??The least they could do is say something .....but the f***ing rudeness of it is bullshit yeah you think you are an artist there are a lot of artists who don't get paid exorbitant amounts or have more than one house ......and I don't mean any harm except that I suffer so live in a more limited manner than this ....I really think that someone who cared about their fans should not make them feel this way if you are so compassionate at least be thankful that someone somewhere rearranged their whole life just to see you because that is just not cool.......and why the f*** should you have a dysfunctional S &M relationship with someone who thinks you connect? IT really breaks my heart.I was never one of you or them .I just was.That is all......most people don't have people willing to drop everything to haul their ass around to see your smart ass for no reason yes shit happens but show gratitude or acknowledge that these people care enough to do this that is what bothers me ... you just don't care which is worst of all caliming to be compassionate but not even noticing people who are there.....when someone else anyone might need that support or appreciate it ....and you don't even give a shit about those underlings you seem to represent.......some broken people ........just living in ego...of how you think you fixed it for some .....and no comment ....nothing if you wanted to reverse an interview then open your mouth......but to f***ing alienate your fans???not the organized fans but for god's sake please at least appreciate the people because you live better than some people as a result of those people

think about in in terms of reality...not fame.....how many people can you count on your hands who would go out of their way to do all of these things?If you posted a comment to random people like will you please book a hotel and pay for this and that ...and track me down even though you don't know me will you??The least they could do is say something .....but the f***ing rudeness of it is bullshit yeah you think you are an artist there are a lot of artists who don't get paid exorbitant amounts or have more than one house ......and I don't mean any harm except that I suffer so live in a more limited manner than this ....I really think that someone who cared about their fans should not make them feel this way if you are so compassionate at least be thankful that someone somewhere rearranged their whole life just to see you because that is just not cool.......and why the f*** should you have a dysfunctional S &M relationship with someone who thinks you connect? IT really breaks my heart.I was never one of you or them .I just was.That is all......most people don't have people willing to drop everything to haul their ass around to see your smart ass for no reason yes shit happens but show gratitude or acknowledge that these people care enough to do this that is what bothers me ... you just don't care which is worst of all caliming to be compassionate but not even noticing people who are there.....when someone else anyone might need that support or appreciate it ....and you don't even give a shit about those underlings you seem to represent.......some broken people ........just living in ego...of how you think you fixed it for some .....and no comment ....nothing if you wanted to reverse an interview then open your mouth......but to f***ing alienate your fans???not the organized fans but for god's sake please at least appreciate the people because you live better than some people as a result of those people

stuff happens.. life happens but come on , sometimes the Morrissey I once liked ages ago seems so much the opposite my post is not one of hate as I have tolerated much of this and share some similarities........total disconnect..........please show real compassion.......please give a f*** please listen for a change......I am not filled with the same negative stance people on this site lay claim to but please step away from the bullshit as much as people like me can relate at the age of 50 plus some of it is tired......open it up to the floor ...we love you for your contributions we appreciate what we have been given and supported even through stuff that really is bullshit ......and yet we are ignored.........if you are more at peace now then f***ing share it with us please strip thisd f***ing third party bullshit and get honest with us like the honest we thought you were in the beginning .....you have sick people who think you are their soulmate who if those stalkers ever read an early interview might understand why it is you don't like them ........come on the years have passed please acknowledge your damn fans the ones who never left you for many years and break the f***ing cycle.........in your own way..........because we don't think you give a shit that's all.

A naughty person, who goes with a corrupt mouth. Who winks with the eyes, signals with the feet and motions with the fingers. With perversity in the heart devises evil; shall be broken without remedy.

Okay
Jesus next time you put your hand on me
I will make sure to leave it out of the confession part of our daily transaction glad your rockstar has replaced religion in your demise

I'm sooo Proud of Baby

I Love You Baby

Mama!

baby baby bay he does not love you here is your nooky .......get your Bieber on baby..

Quoted for truth.

I would like to WHINE but I'd rather be drunk.......no cheese please unless it is rennet free........would you like whine with your sleaze?

It's all Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross's fault cos Mike Joyce aka Mike Gross is disgusting.

yeah some people named Mike are pretty gross bet you could find them on a sex offender list on your local neighborhood but The Smiths done been done so get over it .......there is minimal to no relevance to continually bringing up cutesy names for teh offenders this many years later on......be in the now umkay...and avoid the Gross family and people named Mike slipping their hands up the skirt of minors kay it isn't funny anymore

To conquer the heart of one Lancashire bred
Mexicans wear roses white
And the gringos red.

in victorian times many flowers had symbolic meanings kind of like many people have languages of their own......I am not hispanic but I would embrace many flowers...

bigmouth cancels again!!!!!!!!

Shriveled lips points the finger at Bigmouth even though Mick Jagger has swallowed them both

he even said in an interview once he does not know where he will be ........nice life pal because you are the one drivingthat bus only famous people including the one who claims to not play the fame game is playing it bitch if you were homeless or living on the street you would know exactly where you were going .......when you need to unwind you will know where the f*** you will b so stop taunting the people who genuinely carebecause it is tired as shit ................do not play that shit kay it sucks.... you know where you will be because if you had nowhere to go you would be brutally aware stop that flitting twit crap kay cause you seem to not like it but then reneact it ........more and more and more you see to not care about people which is sad because some people never went anywhere

he even said in an interview once he does not know where he will be ........nice life pal because you are the one drivingthat bus only famous people including the one who claims to not play the fame game is playing it bitch if you were homeless or living on the street you would know exactly where you were going .......when you need to unwind you will know where the f*** you will b so stop taunting the people who genuinely carebecause it is tired as shit ................do not play that shit kay it sucks.... you know where you will be because if you had nowhere to go you would be brutally aware stop that flitting twit crap kay cause you seem to not like it but then reneact it ........more and more and more you see to not care about people which is sad because some people never went anywhere

Time to get back on those meds mate. You're sounding unstable.

This deranged thread of madness just prooves that this place needs putting out of its misery.

This deranged thread of madness just prooves that this place needs putting out of its misery.

AMEN brother!

In winter the fingers turn blue. The red of sunburn meets the white of snow and the extremities turn blue.

So it is with the Rose - neither Red nor White can achieve the goal it seems, so Blue will be the choice of winter.

Finally the events will take place.

In winter the fingers turn blue. The red of sunburn meets the white of snow and the extremities turn blue.

So it is with the Rose - neither Red nor White can achieve the goal it seems, so Blue will be the choice of winter.

Finally the events will take place.

You told me you didn't visit this site, old moth chip.

She's as THICK AS THEY COME. Someone deleted the post. They think they are being cleaver. New link

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.105246179592468.6695.100003212591601&type=1&l=51bcfa4f75

She really is quite stupid. Funny how he keeps someone opening for him who only shoots herself in the foot all the time. She's going to shoot his career down the drain if he doesn't wake up. Well, perhaps he's deaf by now from listening to her constant screeching!

I didnt see the baby comment - what's that about? As someonevelse said, if its Morrissey's, I hope to god it doesnt have her voice! :)

She really is quite stupid. Funny how he keeps someone opening for him who only shoots herself in the foot all the time. She's going to shoot his career down the drain if he doesn't wake up. Well, perhaps he's deaf by now from listening to her constant screeching!

I didnt see the baby comment - what's that about? As someonevelse said, if its Morrissey's, I hope to god it doesnt have her voice! :)

It was in the commetns about the Morrissey party repercussions...where she says, "Next..who knows..I'm afriad a baby will fall out" - which implies there would have been some activity taking placing causing a baby to be put 'in'. Well that explains why she's back on the tour and on his tour bus. I thought she was with Tony Visconti on the quiet? She can have both?

my baby:

Just how long did you think you
could play your games
with me?

Guess who

Back
Top Bottom