Morrissey is now being managed by Pete Galli of Red Light Management (February 12, 2024)

1542323061036.jpeg

Morrisey-2024.png

Pete Galli image courtesy of LinkedIn.
Morrissey Photo Credit: Brian Adams.

Morrissey’s influence and music legacy is irrefutable. Widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in British pop, as well as one of the greatest lyricists of his generation, Morrissey has thirteen solo studio albums, a string of No.1 records, and an Ivor Novello Award for Outstanding Contribution to British Music.

As lead singer of The Smiths he marked forever the history of music with only four albums. As a soloist he has consolidated a sound that still reverberates today with his forthcoming album Bonfire of Teenagers. An explicit declaration of love for music has made him one of the most acclaimed voices of the last four decades worldwide. When the debut single from The Smiths, “Hand In Glove,” first emerged 40 years ago, the musical landscape was forever changed and launched a rich catalogue of songs that includes anthems such as “This Charming Man,” “How Soon Is Now?,” “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out,” “Suedehead,” “Everyday Is Like Sunday,” “Irish Blood, English Heart,” “First of the Gang to Die,” and many many more. The celebration of Morrisey’s music and influence on culture have resonated with fans worldwide for over 40 years.

Morrissey’s Autobiography published in 2013 by Penguin Classics spent six weeks at the number 1 sales spot, plus five weeks at number 2. It was the second fastest-selling autobiography in British history. His first two nights at the Hollywood Bowl broke the Beatles record for sell-out speed. In 2006, Morrissey was voted the second greatest living British icon by viewers of the BBC, coming second to Sir David Attenborough, with Sir Paul McCartney in third place. In 2007, Morrissey was voted the greatest living northern male in the Manchester Evening News. Morrissey has had 24 top ten albums in England: nine with The Smiths, fifteen as a solo artist. His California Son (released 2019) reached number 7 on the U.S. Billboard chart, and his Low In High School (released 2017) reached number 10 on the U.S. Billboard chart. Morrissey has had seven top 20 albums in the U.S.A.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Moaning Myrtle World they hardly have any power and are usually fired after they send the first bill for their services or if any of Myrtle’s short term goals aren’t met, like achieving a number one chart position with a sub par album.
Yes, but I was thinking more in a general sense.

Okay Girls you've had your fun and I have nothing against you and I spoke up for you when others slagged you off, but it's time now to bring Alain back into the fold which means you gots to go! If Alain left because of bad vibes management then the door is open, is it not?

You can go home again... and again.
for alain to come back means he would have to let carmen go and for me she has been a shining light and dont think M would be in any hurry to get rid of her,her and camilla are a good double act when touring.

How much power does a manager have? Anyone in the know?
Ultimately the manager works for Morrissey. So they can make suggestions, plot an elaborate come-back campaign and tell him what they think he should be doing to maximise his career and get a record contract- bu ultimately if Morrissey doesn't want to play ball, then nothing will happen. In that respect the manager is powerless, or at best wields only whatever limited power Morrissey chooses to lend them.

They all end up being thrown under the bus eventually. Fingers crossed this guy can actually negotiate some kind of release for 'Bonfire' and 'Without Music' before he gets dumped.

Let's face it, the manager position has been a shitshow since Merck Mercuriadis left in 2008. Hopefully this guy will be given free reign to try and start saving Morrissey's career and putting it back on track. First step should be closing down Central, getting Sam the hell away from running anything, and giving Donnie and Jesse their marching orders. Also a gagging order preventing Dodwell from writing any more promotional articles would help.
This is all great blasted news and all but really what can a manager do to save the situation, especially one that looks like a gay as feck Magician
A manager can only be as good as the artist lets him . He had a good team around him at BMG and look what happened.
He doesn’t need one
All he has to do is remember who he is
Remember who he was .
Release the music
Sort out some good interviews with proper writers
Go on a few pod casts , not that clown PJW
Someone like Sam Harris , interview with Douglas Murray, even Joe Barton, couple of radio sessions doing new tracks
Do a 3 night residency in small venues in LA, London , Manchester, Dublin , New York , Paris etc etcfeckimg etc

Do something for the fans like smiths days we have stuck by him , Give something fecking back - three download of studio session on website , one smiths song , two from Bona , two from V&i and 3 new ones
That kind of thing.
For the love of Christ M you were remarkable you still can be , you believe in the music again . Get a sense of hope again

I wish the guy well . I hope he at last has realized he can not mess about.
Get the music out and crack on

How much power does a manager have? Anyone in the know?

As much and as little as M let’s him
The power is with M and that is the trouble
Now if a record release is manager dependent then the manager can get the upper hand and part guide the ship
The trouble is always M himself , we all no that
When World Peace came out it was on the back of Autobiography. The promotion was ok . He messed it up
Then we had Low In High School that had all the bits in place , radio , videos a good lp
he had a manager who stuck up for him but he crashed that car big time
M has had a shit time of it the last few years I hope he is ok and I hope he knows he hasn’t got many more chances in the bag

I'm very curious about what Morrissey's expectations are for a manager. What exactly is his role? I'd like to think this is good news and pointing to something... but managers have come and gone... so let's see what happens next.
I agree. I wonder if they even communicate between the two of themselves, or does Morrissey, most plausibly, even go through someone else to communicate with the manager? If they do communicate directly, which I would think they would have to, to be successful (even that needs defining) that would be a once in a lifetime chance to be a fly on the wall to hear those conversations.

Be safe and well, all.....

for alain to come back means he would have to let carmen go and for me she has been a shining light and dont think M would be in any hurry to get rid of her,her and camilla are a good double act when touring.
Alain ain’t coming back, I don’t think
If M wanted him in the band , he would still be in it
Not having a dig at AW just saying , it seems Jesse and Donnie don’t care for AW and M isn’t bothered enough to stick up for him
I don’t think M cared if he was in the band or not .Now I don’t think he wants him back ever again due to the way he left taking another band member and some of the posts on here by his friend(s)

good looking ?
He seems a bit wimpy to me I expect he’s a nice guy .just saying
Also the bravery were shockingly bad
I always thought the singer of that band was trying to ape M but he didn’t have the chops. Shit even the singer from the killers threw shade at him and Brandon is wet as feck
I really hope this works out for M. He has had such crap few years , mind you so have most of us

They might have already left of there own accord if Morrissey has pulled their retainer (or other reasons) Looking at Brendan’s recent posts there’s been something going on.

Don’t think Alain would go back while Donny’s still around either.

They might have already left of there own accord if Morrissey has pulled their retainer (or other reasons) Looking at Brendan’s recent posts there’s been something going on.

What has bren said ?

What’s he been posting ?
His IG account seems fine.

Must be paid a fixed amount so needs to come up with the goods.

I love her.

But Alain's such a good co-writer.

& it would be nice if his solo work could get some appreciation in their lifetimes.

She's a shining light?
I think she’s quite good
I don’t know why people think AW is gonna come back
That ship has sailed . I don’t think M cared about him too much , or he would still be there
I expect M went right off him when he left , given he took a band member and flavor of some of his posts , not to mention AWs friend on here

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom