Morrissey on Janice Long this week

Yes, she has a very unusual voice. I remember as a teen hearing "Broken English".

I've never recovered.

AAAAAAAAAUGHHHHHHH, he's on.

I also couldn't believe the same woman who sung As Tears Goes By is singing Broken English.

mozza turning it into another, "interview the interviewer", classic

I also couldn't believe the same woman who sung As Tears Goes By is singing Broken English.

Kewpie, do you remember in the last season of Ab Fab when Edina was visited by "God" and it was Marianne Faithfull?

That was inspired casting.

who is this jennifer woman? his P.A? his friend? his Lover??......ive heard her mentioned few times

In one sentence, can anyone remember what he discussed in between asking Janice her real age and the song they played immediately after? I had to answer a phone.

Morrissey's so quick-witted. I'm scared. :o

Songs picked by Morrissey:

Louis Louis - Paul Revere and the Raiders

Dear God, Please Help Me - Marianne Faithful

If You Don't Care - Smoming Popes

Mighty Joe - Shocking Blue

Roll Up the Red Carpet - Doll and the Kicks

Souxsie and the Banshees - Mother

Serge Gainsbourg - Initials B. B.

Al Martino - Rachel

The Pretenders - One Thing Never Changed

James Darren - Goodbye Cruel World

Jobriath - Morning Starships

Damien Dempsey - Jar Song

Last edited:
Basically, they talked about how much garbage is written about him in the press. The subject about this mythical "biography" came up.

I don't know how Morrissey can sit down and write his biography when he's doing so much living.

He might have to wait until he's dead to start. :p

Rachel's one lucky girl.

This song is what reminds me of At Last I am Born. Aren't they stylistically similar?

I've been distracted by phone calls and only half-listening to the radio programme, but I jumped up when I heard them mention Al Martino.

OMG, Al "poor man's Frank Sinatra" Martino is my mum's fave singer. I asked her why she likes Al Martino so much, and she associated it with romantic good times. My father had taken her out to the Coconut Club, or somesuch posh venue in Hell A, to see Al Martino. She wore the most gorgeous, stylish dress. My mum has exquisite mod clothes that are so tiny; I'll never fit into them. But my mum hates Morrissey.

Finally mentioned about Years of Refusal, but only he admitted he's holding a baby. :(

Tags
janice long radio
Back
Top Bottom