Morrissey's best vocal performances

Vegan

Yeah I know it's been done in older threads that appear to be closed but I'd like to talk about the man's marvelous voice.

Right now I consider his take on "Redondo" to be one of the very best vocals from the man. He's like a white Smokey Robinson on that one.

I've always held You Were Good in Your Time in the highest possible esteem. Also Come Back To Camden, The Never Played Symphonies, Now My Heart is Full...

Speedway is up there and so is Camden. Trouble loves me comes to mind as well as well as my life is a succession. Hard to judge since I like his performance for so many reasons. Some I think hard to pull off and some just move but I can't say I'm not influenced by production lyrics. The end of my dearest love also comes to mind

'It's not Your Birthday Anymore' is one that immediately comes to mind.

His live version of 'Drive in Saturday' was also mightily impressive.

'It's Not Your Birthday Anymore'. The fact that he tried to sing it live, failed, and hasn't attempted it again, is a good indication that it was a pretty special performance.

It's not your birthday is alright but I'm just not sure I'm super moved by the vocal melody. Hard to sing doesn't always equate to great vocal performance. Singing rapid fire in a falsetto would be super hard but I'm not sure I'd think it any good.

I think the whole "Earl's Court" album is some of his best singing. Plus his rendition of "Meat Is Murder" from "25 Live" is powerful. And I agree with all the suggestions that have been offered. I usually hate covers albums but I wouldn't mind is Moz did one based on the few covers I've heard. What are some songs you'd like to hear him do?

These come to mind

"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?"
"The Crying Game"
"Tears Of A Clown"
"A Different Corner"

I think the unreleased Never Had No One Ever has one of his finest vocal performances. He hits everything spot on.

I think the unreleased Never Had No One Ever has one of his finest vocal performances. He hits everything spot on.

I believe that's the same vocal performance as on the album version, just with less effects. But I agree it's fantastic, and sounds great here.

The Boy with the Thorn in His Side and Rubber Ring (especially the live version from Who Put the M in Manchester?).

I love his voice on the whole southpaw album where he sounds as if he has a bad cold.cant imagine any other artist doing that,thats why we come here.

I think the whole "Earl's Court" album is some of his best singing. Plus his rendition of "Meat Is Murder" from "25 Live" is powerful. And I agree with all the suggestions that have been offered. I usually hate covers albums but I wouldn't mind is Moz did one based on the few covers I've heard. What are some songs you'd like to hear him do?

These come to mind

"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?"
"The Crying Game"
"Tears Of A Clown"
"A Different Corner"

I'd still like to hear him do wicked little town from hedwig (gnosis version)

Back
Top Bottom