Moz AI generated images

@Born to Harangue Luckily this isn’t threatening (or has anything to do with) art in any way whatsoever. But nice try, you complete lunatic.

That's hot. I doubt a candle maker would light all the candles he just made though.
I guess he has a penchant. But I bet his peers think he’s nuts, though.

Gregor Samsa, July 2023: We’re doomed. AI is going to bring humanity to its knees. Life in the not so distant future is going to be a post-apocalyptic hellscape with AI running rampant; all beauty in the world will be gone. Art will become redundant, the very essence of what it means to be human will be snatched away from us. It’s a dystopian nightmare and the airhead population is sleepwalking right into it.

Gregor Samsa, February 2024: Hehe, here’s a picture of Morrissey getting chased by a giant chicken!

Gregor Samsa, July 2023: We’re doomed. AI is going to bring humanity to its knees. Life in the not so distant future is going to be a post-apocalyptic hellscape with AI running rampant; all beauty in the world will be gone. Art will become redundant, the very essence of what it means to be human will be snatched away from us. It’s a dystopian nightmare and the airhead population is sleepwalking right into it.

Gregor Samsa, February 2024: Hehe, here’s a picture of Morrissey getting chased by a giant chicken!
Like I said, this isn’t art. This is tomfoolery. If I were presenting this as art, you would be right. But I’m not, so you’re wrong. Do you have a serious rebuttal or will you just keep repeating this ad nauseum?

Like I said, this isn’t art. This is tomfoolery. If I were presenting this as art, you would be right. But I’m not, so you’re wrong. Do you have a serious rebuttal or will you just keep repeating this ad nauseum?
I use to feel similarly about AI. I hated it at first, now it's just funny to me, and sometimes it even stirs inspiration in me for my own art. At first I was very angry that it was creating "art" and people were buying it and all it is is just nightmarish abominations and/or dreamlike "realities"; People using AI images of themselves for their profile photos, etc. Now I don't care much. I will never criticize people for liking AI stuff, it's just a fun little thing people are doing now. Unfortunately my brain is a doom and gloom place sometimes and I think of the bad things that could come from it. I hope that it doesn't get more seeped into reality.. I hope we can always tell it apart. Otherwise..... eek.

I use to feel similarly about AI. I hated it at first, now it's just funny to me, and sometimes it even stirs inspiration in me for my own art. At first I was very angry that it was creating "art" and people were buying it and all it is is just nightmarish abominations and/or dreamlike "realities"; People using AI images of themselves for their profile photos, etc. Now I don't care much. I will never criticize people for liking AI stuff, it's just a fun little thing people are doing now. Unfortunately my brain is a doom and gloom place sometimes and I think of the bad things that could come from it. I hope that it doesn't get more seeped into reality.. I hope we can always tell it apart. Otherwise..... eek.
I’m sure AI can be useful in society, but let’s not be naive about it and maybe we should slow down the progress. But I don’t think it has any place in art. Sure, we can fool around with it (like on this thread), but let’s not present it as art. It would be horrendous if AI rendered real artists redundant.

And if a real artist making real paintings of Moz in absurd and nightmarish situations, I’ll stop my silliness.

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy of you getting enjoyment from something that you claim is going to destroy us. You’re moving the goalposts now because when you were warning about AI months ago you gave no exemption to funny pictures generated by AI. If I were going to boycott Israel for the genocide they’re attempting to perpetrate (a topic you never speak about), I couldn’t say “I’m refusing to buy all products exported by Israel, except for oranges. Sorry, but I need my Israeli oranges. I’m boycotting everything else though which is better than what most are doing”. To then fire off a few tweets about Israel while simultaneously sinking my teeth into one of their oranges would be the height of hypocrisy. That’s an extreme example, but for you to insult people’s intelligence for not seeing the potential dangers of AI, then to start posting things like ‘look! Here’s Morrissey and Robert Smith drinking tea together!’ shows that perhaps you should hold back on sharing some of your knee-jerk reactions if you’re just going to contradict yourself a short time later. I know historically you’ve had trouble admitting when you’re wrong, and in fairness if you came back and apologised for being wrong every time that you were wrong previously you would have hundreds of extra posts on this website by now, so I’m not expecting you to break from the norm by owning up to your hypocrisy this time either.

Last edited:

tomfoolery, you say! tomfoolery! I thought it was high art. ;)

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy of you getting enjoyment from something that you claim is going to destroy us. You’re moving the goalposts now because when you were warning about AI months ago you gave no exemption to funny pictures generated by AI. If I were going to boycott Israel for the genocide they’re attempting to perpetrate (a topic you never speak about), I couldn’t say “I’m refusing to buy all products exported by Israel, except for oranges. Sorry, but I need my Israeli oranges. I’m boycotting everything else though which is better than what most are doing”. To then fire off a few tweets about Israel while simultaneously sinking my teeth into one of their oranges would be the height of hypocrisy. That’s an extreme example, but for you to insult people’s intelligence for not seeing the potential dangers of AI, then to start posting things like ‘look! Here’s Morrissey and Robert Smith drinking tea together!’ shows that perhaps you should hold back on sharing some of your knee-jerk reactions if you’re just going to contradict yourself a short time later. I know historically you’ve had trouble admitting when you’re wrong, and in fairness if you came back and apologised for being wrong every time that you were wrong previously you would have hundreds of extra posts on this website by now, so I’m not expecting you to break from the norm by owning up to the hypocrisy this time either.
I said AI would destroy art. The stuff on this thread is not art and it’s not meant to be and it’s not presented as such. The goalposts remain where they’ve always been. And if they’re moving, it’s you who’s doing the pushing. But like I said, nice try. You loudmouthed, ignorant brute of a man-child.

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy of you getting enjoyment from something that you claim is going to destroy us. You’re moving the goalposts now because when you were warning about AI months ago you gave no exemption to funny pictures generated by AI. If I were going to boycott Israel for the genocide they’re attempting to perpetrate (a topic you never speak about), I couldn’t say “I’m refusing to buy all products exported by Israel, except for oranges. Sorry, but I need my Israeli oranges. I’m boycotting everything else though which is better than what most are doing”. To then fire off a few tweets about Israel while simultaneously sinking my teeth into one of their oranges would be the height of hypocrisy. That’s an extreme example, but for you to insult people’s intelligence for not seeing the potential dangers of AI, then to start posting things like ‘look! Here’s Morrissey and Robert Smith drinking tea together!’ shows that perhaps you should hold back on sharing some of your knee-jerk reactions if you’re just going to contradict yourself a short time later. I know historically you’ve had trouble admitting when you’re wrong, and in fairness if you came back and apologised for being wrong every time that you were wrong previously you would have hundreds of extra posts on this website by now, so I’m not expecting you to break from the norm by owning up to your hypocrisy this time either.
Third post that you’re trying to hold a mirror up to Gregor to reflect back to him his own inability to make an obvious connection for himself, from A to B. You’ll need a much bigger mirror.

Third post that you’re trying to hold a mirror up to Gregor to reflect back to him his own inability to make an obvious connection for himself, from A to B. You’ll need a much bigger mirror.
For the umpteenth time: I criticized AI being used to create and compete with art. This isn’t art nor is it presented as such. Is this really this hard to understand? Or are you just crusing for a fight?

Back
Top Bottom