Mrs. Shufflewick identified - true-to-you.net

Re: TTY: Identification

tumblr_mfnixbeq3F1qi82vgo1_500.gif

Identification - true-to-you.net
9 May 2014

The figure on the drum heads for Morrissey's current tour is British comedian MRS SHUFFLEWICK, who died in 1983. Only one live clip of Mrs Shufflewick is known to exist. Thought to have been filmed in the 1970s, the clip is presently available on You Tube.

sanjose2.jpg

Morrissey performs at the City National Civic in downtown San Jose, Calif. on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)

http://photos.mercurynews.com/2014/05/07/photos-morrissey-performs-at-the-civic/#3

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
The clip was quite enjoyable. I reckon if Moz were to expound on this he'd say he was ahead of his time, a complete original long before Lily Savage, it's got everything for Moz - camp, catty frothy stand-up by a man in drag, in The Black Cap in Camden.

Last edited:
The clip was quite enjoyable. I reckon if Moz were to expound on this he'd say he was ahead of his time, a complete original long before Lily Savage, it's got everything for Moz - camp, catty frothy stand-up by a man in drag, in The Black Cap in Camden.

The clip is from 1972. When I went to kindergarden, we had a man with a skirt and lipstics walking around a rather smaller city in the countryside here and nobody thought anything unusual about it, it was just the way he was. I never questioned anything about it and always thought that this is the way he just liked to walk around. This was UNTIL I encountered that Morrissey arsewhole, is fan shit and those Mark Simpson books. The drivels of that creep in New York in the forums about how homos have to flee the countryside to the cities and all that blabladibla, seriously, fellow female school mates kissed each other through the volley ball net during sports lessons and the only big deal about it was that it was reasonably selfish, because everybody else had to wait for them to finish their show before the game could continue. I am not sure I'd still be so tolerant towards any of them knowing what I do today and what I have experienced with the Morrissey cult. I had a quick look at the clip and most predictable it was about licking private parts... of course. Another aspect where others have been way ahead of the Morrissey cult and the gay propaganda and they shoot themselves in the foot. I have also been inches away numerous times to bite into some animal, even though I have been a vegetarian for 27 years now, only because of how evil Morrissey and his vegetarian fans are. Nowadays I go through a bio shop and cannot help thinking what complete wankers most of the people who shop there must be and luckily the vegeterian food is nowadays also available in regular supermarkets so that I don't have to expose myself to those "hipsters".

Hooray ! Hooray !
The drum head identified !
The drum head identified !
And nobody give a give a sheeeiiiiiit !
Nobody give a fookin sheeeiiiiiit !

" A miracle has happened we have a new cd ! (pause) and freedom of speech is none of your business !"

Benny-the-British-Butcher

9781898576211.jpg

Was pissed up in Camden and got turned away from The Black Cap.......never been so glad, lucky escape......

"On Sunday March 5, 1983, aged 59, after a show at The Black Cap, Rex Jameson died of a heart attack."

5th March is my birthday :o(

Last edited:
Patrick Newley was also a one... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obi...heatre-obituaries/5517062/Patrick-Newley.html

"In the late 1970s, Newley's mother became warden of the Quaker meeting house in St Martin's Lane and Newley, who shared the property with her, transformed part of it into a theatrical agency and PR office.

By this time he was working for the celebrated music hall artist Mrs Shufflewick (Rex Jameson), who, when Newley first met him, was eking a meagre living on the gay club circuit. He had a great following, Newley recalled, but the generosity of fans in sending round bottles of spirits meant that he sometimes forget whole routines.

Nothing daunted, Newley teamed him up with the almost equally boozy Dorothy Squires, persuading her to include him in her 1974 London Palladium comeback. The show, attended by Barbara Cartland and Danny La Rue ("Which one is which?" someone asked) won "Shuff" a standing ovation and within a month he was the highest-paid act on the gay club scene.

Quentin Crisp became a client in 1983 when he was appearing in a one-man show in the West End. Newley introduced him to Byng, but the encounter was not a success. The two heavily-rouged, ageing queens avoided eye contact and talked across each other in a manner reminiscent of a Beckett play – Byng: "When I starred at the Café de Paris in the 1930s, people actually fought to get tickets"/Crisp: "It was Miss Garbo who fornicated liberally, but with great taste… "

"Reflections on The Black Cap" "Sometimes dubbed ‘The Palladium of Drag, since time out of mind it has been one of London’s most popular gay venues....”.......The great Mrs Shufflewick was a regular performer, along with countless others."

http://www.polarimagazine.com/opinion/reflections-black-cap/

How to write a Morrissey lyric about London's LGBTIQ past.

Rule 1: Don't mention anything to do with the current scene centred around Old Compton Street as it's full of tacky dance music types going to watch Kylie at G-A-Y. These people are not miserable, they are having fun, misguided in thinking they are liberated and that those you write about would be off their trolleys on ketamine and Erecstasy too if they were around today. In fact, choose subjects before legalisation in "The Sexual Offences Act of 1967. This will help with your 'Olde Englande Thames tea shoppe" schtick with overseas market punters who listen to your music whilst planning a tourist jaunt to your next UK Tour on Trip Advisor. Remember, you core appeal is to Trustafarians world-wide who liek to swan around the planet like you, moaning about everything. Thankfully, they are in budget class, not business class, so you never have to meet them whilst navigating smelly uniformed types at airports. Why isn't there a VIP customs service? But I digress.

Rule 2: Be obscure! Make sure you use figures who the hoi-polloi won't have heard of and throw in a bit of palare for added effect.

Rule 3: Refuse to discuss why you are continually fixated on these topics despite denying you have had a homosexual relationship. Refuse to explain what a 'humasexual' is. Your 'fans' will think this means you are mysterious. Haters gonna hate, so ignore them, they don't buy $50 hoodies at concerts. Continue to insist you are an advocate of free speech whilst drawing up plans to deal with online dissent.

Rule 4: If your 'fans' fail to get the references in pre-gig montages or "obvious troll is obvious" drum skins, in extremis, you may issue an edict via Julia at TTY. This is especially useful if there's another topic you'd like to spin, such as distracting media attention from bizarre behaviour from employees on tour, as an example. This creates an air of regal indifference, just like wot the Queen does.

Rule 5: If anyone"with a big nose who knows" mocks your 'gay london history writing class' techniques for song-writing and nudge-wink tour imagery: just wing it and create a new controversy. Then add their name to the list of banned undesirables who are no longer allowed to "ironically" participate at cult gatherings. You do the knowing camp irony, the herd 'crass consumers' who follow you must show obsequious respect! After all, you are a bona-fide genius, not some chancer who got lucky in the NME X-Factor Indie Talent Contest of 1983.

Rule 6: Always remember "The Monkey at Typewriter Rule". Keep banging away and something will crop up. Remember, this is a job and you don't manage a 30 year career as a capitalist music entrepreneur by being a lazy git.

Song 1: "Imagine you are the policeman raiding a Molly House. What do you see? Maybe you’re having doubts about your own sexuality. Maybe you see someone there who you know."

Song 2: ".. go for a drink at the Criterion. A glass of rose (yes, pink wine is best for this exercise) will cost you £7....write down in detail what you can see around you: the smells, sounds, colours, textures. Jot down some overheard dialogue."

Song 3: "Imagine you are Joe Orton. Imagine what it would have been like to create collages in library books. Visit the Islington Museum and study the books on display.... What do they tell you about Joe and Kenneth?"

Song 4: "Read the poems that Verlaine and Rimbaud wrote during the years they were in London..... Weave lines from the poems into your story, or poem. Visit 8 Royal College Street Make sure to throw in a few words of French!"

http://untoldlondon.org.uk/articles...some_gay_london_history_and_writing_exercises

Last edited:
9781898576211.jpg

Was pissed up in Camden and got turned away from The Black Cap.......never been so glad, lucky escape......

"On Sunday March 5, 1983, aged 59, after a show at The Black Cap, Rex Jameson died of a heart attack."

5th March is my birthday :o(

So Mrs Shufflewick is King Jameson?

I love the photo of Moz on stage. He looks like he's in his mid 40s!

I love the photo of Moz on stage. He looks like he's in his mid 40s!

The few times he came close on Thursday he looked early 40s. He did not look 55.

How pathetic ! Identified by the artist himself and announced by proxy.
Oh the mystery and mystique of Steven.
Enjoy the main act tonight everyone (Big Tommy 'the voice' Jones) a proper showman is our Tom just you watch he'll steal the show as well as all the ladies knickers.

Regarding the 1972 YouTube footage, from 7:20 to 8:34, the piece is used in the 2014 Morrissey intermission videos clips

So sad to here on radio 4 today that Chris Rhea has been shot dead whilst out on the golf course near Royston. Marksman Stuart Howe said meat from the carcass would be used to make gourmet sausages.
Ste Mo and the guys could cover the road to hell tonight as a tribute

How pathetic ! Identified by the artist himself and announced by proxy.
Oh the mystery and mystique of Steven.
Enjoy the main act tonight everyone (Big Tommy 'the voice' Jones) a proper showman is our Tom just you watch he'll steal the show as well as all the ladies knickers.

I hope someone films it. Whose gonna throw their knickers?

Funny enough, Klaus Nomi does a cover of "Falling In Love Again" as well.

Back
Top Bottom