Nashville venue, date changed (Ryman Auditorium, July 3, 2015)

Re: Nashville venue has been changed

That sucks for you. Sorry. Also a date change is always problematic for any out-of-towners who were going to attend.

Although the Ryman is probably a better venue. Can't believe they reassigned you to a crap ticket though. You should definitely raise a stink.

The change has to be due to poor ticket sales, right?

Thats my thoughts as well, as the Opry website still has an open date for the 2nd.

On the other hand though its only a 1000 seat difference right?

The change has to be due to poor ticket sales, right?

That's the general consensus, based on speculation.
I checked the "pick your own" seat map about a week ago, and there were loads of close-in floor seats left.
The Ryman is half the size and the venue still isn't fully sold out...even after reassigning all the old tickets.

Thats my thoughts as well, as the Opry website still has an open date for the 2nd.

On the other hand though its only a 1000 seat difference right?

Actually, it's 2038 seat difference between the two venues.
Ryman= 2362 capacity
Opry= 4400 capacity

The Ryman definitely is the better choice. Plus it's now on a Friday night, so maybe people who are already off (or in town) for the 4th of July can make it!

Last edited:
It's hard to complain about seeing a show at the Ryman. I was not able to make it down when he played there last. Just thought the Grand Ole Opry thing would be a different kind of fun show.

I do wish they had explained in the email about the tickets. I didn't even catch the date change at first. I was so confused. lol I would be VERY unhappy if I got moved from front to the back....
The Ryman is a GREAT historic venue....I wouldn't doubt that Morrissey moved from GOO to Ryman for that reason alone.

- - - Updated - - -

I am coming from out of town for the show. I was puzzled at first when I got tickets emailed to me yesterday with no explanation....

I got moved from the center to the side. But same row as I had before. My big gripe is the date change! I had planned on staying at the Grand Ole Opry resort since the show was right there. Easy enough to cancel. But try finding a decent priced room in downtown Nashville on a Friday night, let alone on a holiday weekend last minute... Plus it's going to cut into my 4th of July plans now too.... :-/

I'm kind of happier it's at the Ryman. I love it there. But the craziness of seeing Morrissey at the Grand Ole Opry I thought was too good to pass up. Oh well.

Try the Hutton Hotel. I was just in Nashville about a month back, nice hotel....it's about 1.5 miles from Ryman.

I bet the Ryman show ends up being one of the wildest on tour.

The stage is only a couple feet off the ground, and no barrier.

Stage invader heaven :)

I was at the show at the Ryman last year and thought it was amazing. The venue is beautiful and Morrissey was totally ON that night. Ended the main set with "National front disco" (my all time favorite) and the crowd ate up every song. One of my favorite shows of all time. As I recall, after this show the tour went downhill quick and most of the rest if the shows were cancelled. All due to KY infecting the band and crew with a virus. ;)

As an added bonus, I saw Boz and Sol after the show drinking at a local dive.

Last edited:
The stage wasn't that low at the Ryman. It was actually one of the highest on last year's tour. I was surprised as the photos make it look like it's much lower.
The lowest stage I've ever seen was in Brooklyn at BAM. The stage was barely past my knees.

The Ryman depends on how security will be there. I've seen one other show (Neutral Milk Hotel) where everyone rushed to the front there. More or less allowed to stay up front just out of the aisles. I'm eager to see how they do a Morrissey crowd...

And incidentally there are still a lot tickets left if you check Ticketmaster today. Poor Morrissey...

Re: Nashville venue has been changed

SMALLER VENUE ?

LAUGH MY 4KIN ARSE OFF !

Just cancel Steven ffs ! Have you run out of excuses ?

Come on eveyone Steven's book of excuses has run dry ! Post your best !

" Benny set fire to the ' covered wagon ' ! " L M F A O !

The guys a tit !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Given he's been booted from the Grand Ole Opry, the humiliation is total.

best
TAA for TGOBB in KBN

- - - Updated - - -

This applies to Benny AKA Bummie: http://www.theguardian.com/science/.../25/internet-trolls-are-also-real-life-trolls

It's the fact he devotes so much TIME to being here that is impossible to credibly justify. He seems to be available 24/7 to be one of the first to respond to practically every new post. The poor little twat has serious issues.

epicFAIL!

[h=1]"Morrissey: from rock genius to internet troll[/h] His comments on the Duchess of Cambridge's pregnancy and Jacintha Saldanha's suicide sound like a global conspiracy from a man who hasn't changed out of his dressing gown in four days"

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2012/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

I'm not Benny and haven't logged on to this site for around 72 hours. In any event, what could possibly be more important than discussing Morrissey? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He is the most serious artist of our times....etc....*rollseyes*. Now f*** off.

best
TAA for TGOBB in KBN

- - - Updated - - -

That's right because as I have explained on the previous thread it's all just getting more than boring !
It's boring 4kin boring !
" see me in my silly horse jockey shirt/ PETA this PETA that/ The Boyle family are shit/ I'm it / animal friendly and meat free when it suites / shirt toss bollocks/ talking bollocks/ same old songs dumbed down to basic chord twangers levels of twangsmenship/ whatever happens I love you ! Don't forget I have Cancer! "

Just 4ck off and give it a rest Steven, come back fresh as a daisy like Mr Booth and co !

God I'm bored !

Has anyone got any good recommendations for the Jukebox ? I've been watching the not animal friendly festival for some inspiration, nice to see Florence get her bangers out last night.

LOL!

best wishes
TAA for TGOBB in KBN

- - - Updated - - -

Listen Pikey, I am doing something very constructive here trying to resurrect someone's CrankFraud-car-crash-career you meat free bellend ! And what do you do ? Well you just sit there just like " Yes Bozz !" And the other surrounding yes men on the inner circle of Lord CrankFraud. Stop lying back and taking it you lazy so and so ! Get on board the Silly Steven train and let's push him in the right direction.

Hear! Hear!

best
TAA for TGOBB in KBN

I am coming from out of town for the show. I was puzzled at first when I got tickets emailed to me yesterday with no explanation....

I got moved from the center to the side. But same row as I had before. My big gripe is the date change! I had planned on staying at the Grand Ole Opry resort since the show was right there. Easy enough to cancel. But try finding a decent priced room in downtown Nashville on a Friday night, let alone on a holiday weekend last minute... Plus it's going to cut into my 4th of July plans now too.... :-/

I'm kind of happier it's at the Ryman. I love it there. But the craziness of seeing Morrissey at the Grand Ole Opry I thought was too good to pass up. Oh well.

Bearded Steven - Opryland is pretty close to downtown (~ 15 minutes), so even a taxi or Lyft won't be too pricey (if you've never used Lyft, you can find a code online that will give you something like $20 towards your first ride).

Back
Top Bottom