Morrissey Central "NEW YORK’S A GO-GO AND EVERYTHING TASTES NICE" (October 25, 2023)

IMG_9394.jpeg

Photo by SER

Nothing to do with Jean Genie, but it always reminds me of Blue Jean

I would like to take the opportunity to say the little video that goes with Blue Jean is amazing and my favourite Bowie related anything

I would like to take the opportunity to say the little video that goes with Blue Jean is amazing and my favourite Bowie related anything

Blue Jean is a great Bowie single, pity the album it was from was poor, apart from Loving the Alien. He looked great in that video all done up 👍

Blue Jean is a great Bowie single, pity the album it was from was poor, apart from Loving the Alien. He looked great in that video all done up 👍

Yeah, there’s a few gems tucked in there ‘round that period. But unfortunately a lot of it is of shockingly poor quality. He made up for it when he returned with Outside, one my favorites.

People criticize Morrissey’s later/recent work,
but none of it falls as low as Bowie fell in the 80’s. Though, compared to M’s greatest work, Notre Damn comes the closest.

Yeah, it was a great video. I was meant to be in that video, don't you know, but in the end...well, it didnt work out. It's a long story .....involving a beautiful if wicked witch ......I don't like to think about it. I did get to meet Mr Jones though - and he was very lovely. I was a bit overwhelmed. Bit starstruck. Bowie was a genius.

Yeah, there’s a few gems tucked in there ‘round that period. But unfortunately a lot of it is of shockingly poor quality. He made up for it when he returned with Outside, one my favorites.

People criticize Morrissey’s later/recent work,
but none of it falls as low as Bowie fell in the 80’s. Though, compared to M’s greatest work, Notre Damn comes the closest.
Agreed Zoom, i got into Bowie with Scary Monsters when i was 13, still my favourite Bowie lp. And what was great was discovering the 13 years worth of albums that preceded it, but just as i fell in love with him he went all flat and then The Smiths came along and saved me life!
Of his later period i think Heathen is a work of genius, definitely in my top 5 Bowie albums.

Agreed Zoom, i got into Bowie with Scary Monsters when i was 13, still my favourite Bowie lp. And what was great was discovering the 13 years worth of albums that preceded it, but just as i fell in love with him he went all flat and then The Smiths came along and saved me life!
Of his later period i think Heathen is a work of genius, definitely in my top 5 Bowie albums.

Ah yes. I still remember the day walking into Virgin to buy Heathen, back when Virgin existed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom