New York, NY - United Palace (Oct. 25, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @FROSTY & @Amsden

• Photo sam_esty_rayner_photography / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead (original post).

23150-5bde81df2daf8c8f6d8eb5c63d4abd69.jpg

Last edited:
‘My favorite film of this city, is obviously quite peculiar, and you probably won’t know it really, it was called, from 1968, it’s called, No Way To Treat A Lady. Does anybody know it?You don’t know it? It stars, Rod Steiger, George Segal, Eileen Heckart, Lee Remick. And it’s a very brutal story, which I quite like, … and some of the scenes are quite horrific, which is another reason why you’ve got to get the dvd, it’s available now on Blu-ray.. (audience laughter) I’m serious’

Last edited:
‘My favorite film of this city, is obviously quite peculiar, and you probably won’t know it really, it was called, from 1968, it’s called, No Way To Treat A Lady. Does anybody know it?You don’t know it? It stars, Rod Steiger, George Segal, Eileen Heckart, Lee Remick. And it’s a very brutal story, which I quite like, … and some of the scenes are quite horrific, which is another reason why you’ve got to get the dvd, it’s available now on Blu-ray.. (audience laughter) I’m serious’

Of course, he is serious.

Certain members of security at the theater last night would do better to get jobs at a maximum security prison as corrections officers, or perhaps at a concentration camp or gulag. Three of them in particular were so determined to make me as miserable as they looked, with their scowling faces and their barked orders and commands, that I may never go to concert again, not if that is the type of environment that future concerts will be held in.

It was the absolute worst Morrissey concert I have ever beeen to in my life, and I've been to quite a few, but it had nothing to do with Morrissey. He was fabulous, as usual. But I was made to feel so dejected during the show by these security fascists that I actually broke down in tears when it was all over.

I may write more details about what actually happened later, just to get it all out of my head, so I can move on, because I'm still feeling sad and pissed the f**k off.

Words are the only weapons I possess, which is a lucky thing for the security whose faces will be etched into my brain for a long time to come.

Careful with that -- aside from about three tracks, every song in this set was written at least 20 years ago.
that applies to most concerts

Certain members of security at the theater last night would do better to get jobs at a maximum security prison as corrections officers, or perhaps at a concentration camp or gulag. Three of them in particular were so determined to make me as miserable as they looked, with their scowling faces and their barked orders and commands, that I may never go to concert again, not if that is the type of environment that future concerts will be held in.

It was the absolute worst Morrissey concert I have ever beeen to in my life, and I've been to quite a few, but it had nothing to do with Morrissey. He was fabulous, as usual. But I was made to feel so dejected during the show by these security fascists that I actually broke down in tears when it was all over.

I may write more details about what actually happened later, just to get it all out of my head, so I can move on, because I'm still feeling sad and pissed the f**k off.

Words are the only weapons I possess, which is a lucky thing for the security whose faces will be etched into my brain for a long time to come.
iv had similar experiences over the years,they almost go out of their way to be mean and nasty,probably wife beaters during the day and security at nights.you should have moved back a bit so it didnt spoil your night,im assuming you were down the front.

Gilbert and Frank would talk about this one a lot.
Gilbert was a big Rod Steiger fan and they loved all
the characters he played in this thing.
Another good George Segal picture they talked about
a lot, was Where's Poppa?

iv had similar experiences over the years,they almost go out of their way to be mean and nasty,probably wife beaters during the day and security at nights.you should have moved back a bit so it didnt spoil your night,im assuming you were down the front.
I was in the second row, orch right, aisle seat closest to the center block of seats. I couldn't move. I literally was not allowed to move. Like, at all. If I leaned into the aisle a little too much I got yelled at. And the reason I kept leaning one way and then the other was because a very tall and cruel looking security guard with palm tree hair who faced me the entire night kept purposefully blocking my view of Moz. I barely saw a thing all night besides this man's mean and taunting face.

I was in the second row, orch right, aisle seat closest to the center block of seats. I couldn't move. I literally was not allowed to move. Like, at all. If I leaned into the aisle a little too much I got yelled at. And the reason I kept leaning one way and then the other was because a very tall and cruel looking security guard with palm tree hair who faced me the entire night kept purposefully blocking my view of Moz. I barely saw a thing all night besides this man's mean and taunting face.
its a power trip for these goons,you should complain to the management at the theatre,send them an email as they must hire this security company,never too late to complain.

Back
Top Bottom