NME: "Rick Astley tells us about his Glastonbury secret set of Smiths covers with Blossoms" (June 24, 2023)

Rick-Astley-and-Blossoms-Kentish-Town-Forum-13.9.21-c-Peter-Neill-1-1392x884.jpg

Astley on the reactions of Morrissey and Johnny Marr, and what it means to play Glasto: "I know it’s sacrilege and they should hang the lot of us on the line for doing it, but I also just don’t care"

Rick Astley/Blossoms play Smiths set at Glastonbury

Ah, that's fine, as long as you're not projecting your own sad ignorance and pathetic sycophancy onto others like you were doing with the comment I had quoted.

Just try not being so dismissive of things that aren't Morrissey. It's quite sad, and there's far more to life and music than Morrissey.
What's the matter? What do you need? You did not understand anything what I said I love Morrissey but I do not idealize him, he is a human being who stands out in music and for me a good person and I also admire other singers,.I mentioned someone, it seems that you did not read well. Well for me the subject does not give for more Ricky A is irrelevant, he is ungrateful, if before I did not like it now less ... In my opinion, his voice sounds like he sings with a kilo of potatoes in his mouth.Punto y a otra cosa mariposa

But where do audiences go if the don’t like an act in the Glastonbury situation? Seems like every act pretty much has a captive audience.
That's really a stupid thing to say. Don't go to festivals if you don't like the arrangements.

She isn't really helping Morrissey here, she's effectively become his mouthpiece and now it looks like Morrissey has a problem with Rick Astley, when previously he was complimentary. Morrisssey has enough problems right now.

She isn't really helping Morrissey here, she's effectively become his mouthpiece and now it looks like Morrissey has a problem with Rick Astley, when previously he was complimentary. Morrisssey has enough problems right now.
I don't think she looks like she has a problem with Astley at all, just with Twitter idiots.

Rick Astley Is Out Here Purging the Evil Spirit of Morrisey

It’s genuinely heartwarming to see, then, that the subject of one of the most significant memes of all time has managed to not only embrace it but to use it to turbocharge his career and to use that platform to cast powerful spells to help ward off an ancient evil...

...It takes a special kind of raw knobheadishness to squander the titanic amount of goodwill and affection gathered from being a key part of one of the most influential rock bands of all time, serving as the voice of the sensitive, dispossessed, and literate, and to curdle that legacy into a foul concoction of racism and bigotry.

It’s a real shame because the bangers by The Smiths remain bangers. If only they could be enjoyed live without the taint of Morrissey infecting them.

Enter Rick Astley!

This isn’t the first time that Astley and Blossoms have gotten together onstage to perform the material, and judging by the reception it might not be the last. Morrissey is dead, long live New Morrissey.

https://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_...-here-purging-the-evil-spirit-of-morrisey.php

Morrissey should do a Rick Astley karaoke set at Glastonbury next year. That would garner 'quite a lot of attention'...
wouldnt last too long with his two hits.

br
Rick Astley Is Out Here Purging the Evil Spirit of Morrisey

It’s genuinely heartwarming to see, then, that the subject of one of the most significant memes of all time has managed to not only embrace it but to use it to turbocharge his career and to use that platform to cast powerful spells to help ward off an ancient evil...

...It takes a special kind of raw knobheadishness to squander the titanic amount of goodwill and affection gathered from being a key part of one of the most influential rock bands of all time, serving as the voice of the sensitive, dispossessed, and literate, and to curdle that legacy into a foul concoction of racism and bigotry.

It’s a real shame because the bangers by The Smiths remain bangers. If only they could be enjoyed live without the taint of Morrissey infecting them.

Enter Rick Astley!

This isn’t the first time that Astley and Blossoms have gotten together onstage to perform the material, and judging by the reception it might not be the last. Morrissey is dead, long live New Morrissey.

https://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_...-here-purging-the-evil-spirit-of-morrisey.php
brummie its like reading harry potter,,,platform to cast powerful spells to help ward off an ancient evil,talk about over the top.

Ancient evil is a bit much, he's more like the grumpy, bitter uncle you try to keep away from the Stella Artois.

Re-watching this now. Blossoms do the Smiths better than either Marr or Morrissey’s bands, and Astley is better at being Morrissey than Morrissey is.

Not everyone agrees, though. I wonder what Morrissey thinks about this nutcase calling him “queer” all over Twitter when he has never used that word to describe himself..?

Last edited:
Re-watching this now. Blossoms do the Smiths better than either Marr or Morrissey’s bands, and Astley is better at being Morrissey than Morrissey is.

Not everyone agrees, though. I wonder what Morrissey thinks about this nutcase calling him “queer” all over Twitter when he has never used that word to describe himself..?

Lol, got to hand it to Malarky, she's a consistent with her rantings :ROFLMAO:

Can anyone confirm the rumour that Morrissey has been booked for next year's Glasto to do a set of Rick Astley covers accompanied by The Blossoms?

Can anyone confirm the rumour that Morrissey has been booked for next year's Glasto to do a set of Rick Astley covers accompanied by The Blossoms?
Astley’s legal team have put a stop to that, so Moz is going to perform with Right Said Fred instead.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom