Noel Gallagher

dizzywhore_1804

A big-nose who knows...
Listening to the free acoustic tracks that iTunes are giving away this week has made me realise how great Noel's voice actually is!

I was wondering if anybody could tell me all the tracks he's had lead-vocals on in Oasis so I can give them a listen?

(PS> I'll be happy to post the free tracks at the end of the week (they're giving them away one day at a time) if anyone is interested. Not sure they're available outside the UK.)

He is a fantastic singer, you just have to listen to a live version of "the importance of being idle" to understand how good he is.

it would take to long to write down all the songs he's sang, as most of oasis b-sides are noel songs. but.....

The majority of The Masterplan album is noel

Four (and a half if you count Acquiesce) songs out of 14 songs on The Masterplan are sung by Noel. Hardly a majority.

dizzywhore, I'd love to get the tracks. :)
You might want to look for footage of the semi-acoustic tour he did with Gem a couple of years ago. Three gigs were pro-shot and broadcast.

Yeah, I'll put them up Sunday (they are released 1-a-day until Sunday, when a whole free CD comes out).

I guess I'll just put the iPod on shuffle and see which ones I come across :)

Noel Gallagher is very funny too. :lbf:
He does lead on the Oasis track Sunday Morning Call which I have always had a soft spot for.

Not sure if it was an official recording, but he sang on the cover of Slades
'Merry Christmas'.

Most of my favourite Oasis songs are Noel fronted.

Jukebox Jury

There is a free Noel Gallagher Acousitc CD with a Sunday paper this weekend.

NG is the man behind Oasis, and i believe they would have made it without Liam.

Noel deserves a Knighthood one day; he's every bit as talented as McCartney or Jagger.

Last edited:

Noel deserves a Knighthood one day; he's every bit as talented as McCartnet or Jagger.

It's in the Sunday Times. And I'll upload the other tracks (not on the CD, but I believe from the same event) on here, on Saturday.

Four (and a half if you count Acquiesce) songs out of 14 songs on The Masterplan are sung by Noel. Hardly a majority.

dizzywhore, I'd love to get the tracks. :)
You might want to look for footage of the semi-acoustic tour he did with Gem a couple of years ago. Three gigs were pro-shot and broadcast.

Well so sorry about that, but the album that features the most noel songs probably is The Masterplan. aswell as alot of the other b-sides

Noel deserves a Knighthood one day; he's every bit as talented as McCartney or Jagger.

Oasis - pre Noel - were called 'The Rain'. It was Liam's band. Liam asked Noel to join them. Noel agreed, on one condition...... that they dropped Liam's songs and used his songs. This they did and the rest (as they say) is history.

Jukebox Jury

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qivojd

NOEL GALLAGHER - THE DREAMS WE HAVE AS CHILDREN (Live & Acoustic)
iTunes Exclusive Tracks - conv. to MP3

1. (It's Good) To Be Free
2. Talk Tonight
3. Cast No Shadow
4. The Importance Of Being Idle
5. Don't Look Back In Anger

The accompanying CD (including a cover of 'There Is A Light...') will be given awat in the UK Sunday Times tomorrow (15/3). Will upload this tomorrow if people want it?
It is a charity release so if you download it give a few quid to something close to your heart :)

Any problems let me know.

2. Talk Tonight
3. Cast No Shadow

The accompanying CD (including a cover of 'There Is A Light...') will be given awat in the UK Sunday Times tomorrow (15/3). Will upload this tomorrow if people want it?
It is a charity release so if you download it give a few quid to something close to your heart :)

thank you so much :) being without Itunes but in the UK is very frustrating. :blushing: did anyone hear the Radio1 session on friday? noel played fade away! cool :thumb:

I loved him in the background during Fielding's introduction: "I'm the first Noel by the way." :lbf: He's amazing! :guitar: And how cool was Gem? :D

Haha! I couldn't work out what he was saying.

Reminiscent of a Christmas hymn: 'On the fiiirst Noel, the angel did sayyy.....'

2. Talk Tonight
3. Cast No Shadow

Thanks for this

Back
Top Bottom