Notre Dame (lyric change)

terrancestamp

Did anyone else notice that Morrissey changed the lyrics to Notre Dame over the past couple of nights? On the early versions of the song, he sang "Before investigations they said this is not terrorism". That line is now missing. I wonder if it was a bit to conspiracy theory and he removed it?

Did anyone else notice that Morrissey changed the lyrics to Notre Dame over the past couple of nights? On the early versions of the song, he sang "Before investigations they said this is not terrorism". That line is now missing. I wonder if it was a bit to conspiracy theory and he removed it?

what did he replace it with?

He just repeated the other verse he sings instead "Before the investigation they said there is nothing to see here". So, he ended up doubling this "nothing to see here" line in the song and left out "terrorism".

Oh, thank God, is he returning to sanity????

I understand why he doesn't trust the mainstream media - the Guardian should die of shame - but he's trusting even worse sources.

Last edited:
He just repeated the other verse he sings instead "Before the investigation they said there is nothing to see here". So, he ended up doubling this "nothing to see here" line in the song and left out "terrorism".

Interesting. But we’ll see if it remains the next few times he performs it.

My opinion, he should just take it off of the album (if it’s ever released) and let us all just pretend it never happened. lol.

Yep … obviously intentional.

after hearing that, wonder if he’ll bring it back in or even keep it in the set much longer.

Here is the song the first time it was played and it remained this way for the UK tour. I like the Gargoyle as well. Bring him back!

not to argue about it. But do you like the song? And if you do, what do you like about it?

I do like the song. I am a sucker for repetitive soothing drum loops Morrissey sings over. The song sounds less conspiracy theory with the "terrorism" taken out. It's not going to be a single off the album, but a good solid track that I would enjoy listening to when I play the record on repeat! What about you?

Not a good idea to throw the T word around right now. Even aging rock stars watch the news occasionally.

My guess is he simply realised that line just doesn't scan very well - it's hard to sing this is not terr-or-ism! without sounding slightly comical and unhinged. There's nothing to see here definitely slips off the larynx more lightly.

I do like the song. I am a sucker for repetitive soothing drum loops Morrissey sings over. The song sounds less conspiracy theory with the "terrorism" taken out. It's not going to be a single off the album, but a good solid track that I would enjoy listening to when I play the record on repeat! What about you?
Yes, the song is a little more ambiguous by dropping the T word. In Orlando though he was talking about the 'now lost continent of Europe' when introducing the song. Interesting to speculate what he means. I'll leave that one for Malarkey.

Yes, the song is a little more ambiguous by dropping the T word. In Orlando though he was talking about the 'now lost continent of Europe' when introducing the song. Interesting to speculate what he means. I'll leave that one for Malarkey.

You truly are contemptible.

He's always declared things are dead or lost.

He's singing it in front of a multicultural backdrop - so he clearly isn't trying to get ethnic minorities removed from Europe.

he clearly isn't trying to get ethnic minorities removed from Europe.
Nor is Douglas Murray, for example. Nor, am I. I have never suggested that in a single post here. That's just in your head because you think everyone who expresses similar views on immigration as Morrissey is far right.
And ironically, the white working class are now the ethnic minority in London, Birmingham, and Manchester. Or haven't you noticed? But I know, as Sajid Javid said in his tweet - so what?

Nor is Douglas Murray, for example. Nor, am I. I have never suggested that in a single post here. That's just in your head because you think everyone who expresses similar views on immigration as Morrissey is far right.
And ironically, the white working class are now the ethnic minority in London, Birmingham, and Manchester. Or haven't you noticed? But I know, as Sajid Javid said in his tweet - so what?

Morrissey sued & won. He doesn't have your views on immigration. Put your slimey propaganda under your own name.

Morrissey sued & won. He doesn't have your views on immigration. Put your slimey propaganda under your own name.
He sued the NME because they claimed that the things he said about immigration made him racist. He won.
His views on immigration don't make him racist.

"With the issue of immigration, it's very difficult because, although I don't have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears.

If you walk through Knightsbridge on any bland day of the week you won't hear an English accent. You'll hear every accent under the sun apart from the British accent.

England is a memory now. The gates are flooded and anybody can have access to England and join in."

I would agree with every word of that. Do you?

He sued the NME because they claimed that the things he said about immigration made him racist. He won.
His views on immigration don't make him racist.

"With the issue of immigration, it's very difficult because, although I don't have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears.

If you walk through Knightsbridge on any bland day of the week you won't hear an English accent. You'll hear every accent under the sun apart from the British accent.

England is a memory now. The gates are flooded and anybody can have access to England and join in."

I would agree with every word of that. Do you?

No, you liar.

He wasn't that fussed about immigration.

Knightsbridge is full of tourists & people with 2nd or 3rd homes they rarely live in. It's gentrification.

That's the inflammatory pull-quotes he sued over.

You are smearing his reputation they way they did because you are a racist.

He said this:

That’s not true, you sound like a Tory.

Mmmmmm. I understand, because I would like the freedom to go around the world and be anywhere. So you have to allow others the same freedom, really.

Last edited:
No. I need you stinking racists to stop lying about him so his career recovers & I can buy his music in a shop.

I particularly want a decent rerelease of Your Arsenal on vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom