Notre Dame (lyric change)

Picking Cherries again. Which is your speciality.
You are in such denial about Morrissey’s politics.
You badly NEED Morrissey to have the same politics that you have.
Absolutely.
It's probably easier just to tell her she's right. Moz loves open borders. That's clearly what he has really been trying to say all along. He's been the victim of a far right conspiracy. And there's some homophobia in the conspiracy too. He has some far right 'friends' who post bad things on Moz Central and tell him what to write songs about. They hypnotised him and made him write Bonfire and Notre Dame against his will. Maybe one day Moz will wake up. Maybe if Karen keeps trying hard enough, poor Mozzy Wozzy will wake up, and all this badness will be over...

:heartssuit:
675788.jpg
:heartssuit:

Last edited:
Absolutely.
It's probably easier just to tell her she's right. Moz loves open borders. That's clearly what he has really been trying to say all along. He's been the victim of a far right conspiracy. And there's some homophobia in the conspiracy too. He has some far right 'friends' who post bad things on Moz Central and tell him what to write songs about. They hypnotised him and made him write Bonfire and Notre Dame against his will. Maybe one day Moz will wake up. Maybe if Karen keeps trying hard enough, poor Mozzy Wozzy will wake up, and all this badness will be over...

Your pish isn't in the lyrics, which is why you have to bombard Central & pounce on any stage patter.

Your pish isn't in the lyrics, which is why you have to bombard Central & pounce on any stage patter.
Notre Dame is clearly inspired by an unsavoury conspiracy…you tell me why that doesn’t reflect poorly on Morrissey?

Genuine question.

I do like the song. I am a sucker for repetitive soothing drum loops Morrissey sings over. The song sounds less conspiracy theory with the "terrorism" taken out.
Agree. It’s just a little too politically blunt, for my tastes. And maybe in part because of that, the repetition doesn’t work for me here.

Another recent song that I kind of have reservations about is Who Will Protect Us From The Police? Musically it rocks though.

It's not going to be a single off the album, but a good solid track that I would enjoy listening to when I play the record on repeat! What about you?

Yes , it may work great and compliment the other songs that come before and after on the album. But I do dig the music. Believe it’s one of Alain’s. So I am looking forward to hearing what the studio version sounds like.

Yes, the song is a little more ambiguous by dropping the T word.

Yes the ambiguity does help make it a little more palatable.

Notre Dame is clearly inspired by an unsavoury conspiracy…you tell me why that doesn’t reflect poorly on Morrissey?

Genuine question.

Because the only bit of the conspiracy he's picked up on is the idea that governments & the media are ignoring crimes because they're worried about appearing racist.

He thinks he's speaking up for forgotten victims.

It was very deliberately pitched at him that way.

Yes , it may work great and compliment the other songs that come before and after on the album. But I do dig the music. Believe it’s one of Alain’s. So I am looking forward to hearing what the studio version sounds like.

I can't wait to hear these albums tracks too, but I was wondering how they'll stand up to comparison with live versions. Had a relisten to Pillow on IANADOAC in the car tonight. The live version already seems to have built up a bit. Ms ending with howls of reverb despair and Camilla's coda is all much stronger. A bit like Oblivion - easy to get a bit teary over.

Goinghome - does that include being called 'racist', 'contemptible', 'slimey' and 'liar'?
I never engage in abusive language on this website - unless someone is abusive towards me. And even then, I always try to keep it all as comical and tongue in cheek as possible. As in my post above. Calling someone 'racist' is not comical. The hypocrisy of getting upset about people calling Morrissey 'racist' and then calling others 'racist' yourself, just never ceases to amaze me. That really is contemptible behaviour. Especially when the people you are calling 'racist' are total strangers online that you know absolutely nothing about.

Back
Top Bottom