Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He is a terrible person.

When the guy bags my groceries I say thank you. I don’t know him. He does a job.

When morrissey sings a song I clap. I don’t know him. He does a job.

If either don’t do the job they risk losing their job. The bagger gets fired. The singer loses record deals

right? If he retired, then it wouldn’t force you
into the terrible predicament of having to make your own grownup choices ( I know it’s tough!) as to how you spend your money and time.
Once again, until you understand: the choice of planning to attend gigs is a response to the artist's plan. Accidents may happen and we all understand that when they are justifiable.

When the artist shows major didain for fans, such as cancelling gigs without any valid reason, on a whim, it really annoys me. At least I get angry, I don't know if you take well this kind of behavior.

It is very similar to what he did in 1995. He left the Bowie tour . He was fed up with the tour , left the venue one hour before his gig saying he wanted to see his Mum and was rushed to a London hospital ( psychiatric ward apparently).
He is a weird dude. When we were young we were all weird. So he spoke to us. He wrote really great lyrics. Then we grew up. Got lives. And he no longer was a voice for us. And his odd behaviors cost many $. The last great Morrissey moment for me was the video of him living in LA. Which I believe he didn’t authorize the use of. Because he’s super weird.

Once again, until you understand: the choice of planning to attend gigs is a response to the artist's plan. Accidents may happen and we all understand that when they are justifiable.

When the artist shows major didain for fans, such as cancelling gigs without any valid reason, on a whim, it really annoys me. At least I get angry, I don't know if you take well this kind of behavior.
He canceled on me last year. No word. Nothing. As a middle aged person it struck me as a jerk move. A complete jerk move. I can’t wait for Alain or someone to write the book when Moz is gone. The juice will be interesting.

How do pop-stars get physically exhausted when they haven't done anything for months, apart from living a life of luxury?
Economics. 1:2 filled stadiums likely make him 0 cash. So why bother. That’s his thinking. He is a financial jerk. Always has been. He uses people. Always has. The list is a toilet paper roll long.

If he’s truly ill, I’m deeply sorry and hope he recovers well. But I don’t buy this for a minute. If he was truly ill and couldn’t perform, he should’ve let the fans know when he canceled.
Also odd how he’s in Zurich when he was due to play in Los Angeles

I mean come on, he’s getting on a bit now and has/had cancer, do you understand what that does to an immune system.

I’m sorry, he’s done this twice to you?

'Exhausted' by lack of ticket sales - we're not idiots. And zero apologies or sympathies given in this statement for the fans that did buy tickets/hotels/transport and have been let down, again.

I mean come on, he’s getting on a bit now and has/had cancer, do you understand what that does to an immune system.
He’s never had cancer. He has Barret’s Esophagus.

right? If he retired, then it wouldn’t force you
into the terrible predicament of having to make your own grownup choices ( I know it’s tough!) as to how you spend your money and your time.
Actually, I think it is revolting when people try to play you for a fool. And this coming from someone who's from Brazil, where lies are socially accepted and not frowned upon.

So kind from M blaming himself (or just be the main reason) for the tour cancelation instead of saying that his Whole current band are skill less and stupid enough for not be able to reproduce his old tunes. I bet he can not bear to let his audience to be in a show where the band cant do it properly.

Nonetheless get well my dearest love M.

Back
Top Bottom