Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exhaustion used to be a standard euphemism for illnesses they'd rather not mention.

There's quite a few things that are unpredicatable.

I'm going to a memorial for a folk singer tomorrow - with him it was alcoholism - & despite his incredibly bad behaviour - he never had anything like the abuse Morrissey gets.

From Kilburn National & Brixton with The Smiths, to the Troxy last year.....I feel I may have seen Moz on stage for the last time.

Call it a day mate.

‘Receiving supervision’?

Some of these comments are beyond.
Disgraceful behaviour of so-called fans.

We have to remember, Morrissey once joked about Mark E. Smith being burned alive, and it was during a hotel fire evacuation. There's almost always room for a little levity. I hope Morrissey gets better if he's truly ailing, but he has given us sufficient grounds for suspicion.

For the record, I do not consider Morrissey a terrible person for his cancellations. Even when Noel Gallagher told his pneumonia anecdote, he didn't tell it in the spirit of "Morrissey is a moral vacuum," it was more like an amused and perplexed shrug: "I guess that's our Mozzer."

People might feel more empathy, I would assume, if there was any sentiment in this message. As it it, this feel likes a defensive line. There is no apology and i feel like that would make a world of difference here. I mean, we know the drill by now, that’s not going to happen. But this approach just feels like defensive lines doesn’t help the argument some have (possibly legitimately) that Morrissey is showing disdain for his fans.

Why couldn't he say something himself? Just a few lines on Central would make all the difference..I'll always be a fan but it's definitely time to retire from performing.

He's not sick. Certainly looked fine wandering around in Paris.

He is probably not doing anything in Zurich, either.

What is disgraceful are the lies and the constant disregard for fans.
Yeah my father also looked great this Christmas until out of the blue he suffered an ictus. 10 seconds was all it took for everything to go to shit. Still in hospital to this day.
I don't believe exhaustion is the cause for his cancellations but surely other health problems is
Everybody's very clever here even if they have absolutely no idea of what's going on with him.

So what was it then?

Dengue, "unforeseen events", physical exhaustion ...

So many lies, such disregard for all the people who actually matter. Don't bother booking gigs anymore. It would be much more honorable.

We have to remember, Morrissey once joked about Mark E. Smith being burned alive, and it was during a hotel fire evacuation. There's almost always room for a little levity. I hope Morrissey gets better if he's truly ailing, but he has given us sufficient grounds for suspicion.

For the record, I do not consider Morrissey a terrible person for his cancellations. Even when Noel Gallagher told his pneumonia anecdote, he didn't tell it in the spirit of "Morrissey is a moral vacuum," it was more like an amused and perplexed shrug: "I guess that's our Mozzer."
Ah, the late Mark E. Smith. Even when desperately ill, never let his fans down.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom