post tour blues

crotty32

now the tour is over i have nothing to look forward to,i love travelling to the gigs having a beer before with other fans,i am getting to know a few now,having a chat with people who have a honest and credible opinion on morrissey,his music and the gigs and then there are the concerts which mean so much to me and my wife,now i am hoping (praying really) for news of a gig,am i a sad case or what?

Well, you don't need to sink into depression just yet... he's got new US gigs in the pipeline for November, if you're willing to make the trip.

there is other music but for some reason its just not impacting on me,i will try to go to the usa and see morrissey but it will depend on logistics

there is other music but for some reason its just not impacting on me,i will try to go to the usa and see morrissey but it will depend on logistics

Cocteau Twins are a cool band to get into. They were around The Smiths too!

Now, let's not be unkind. There is other music, but not much of it is anywhere near as good. I saw him twice on the last tour - in Plymouth and London - and I did come away from Brixton Academy hoping it wouldn't be too long before he tours Britain again.

Now, let's not be unkind. There is other music, but not much of it is anywhere near as good.

That's a lie, and you know it. I'll give Morrissey his due, because his work is extremely important, but closing yourself off from other music just because it isn't like Morrissey is just ignorant. Do you know how much music is out there? I'm not talking about top 40. People are still innovating everyday. There is always something new to discover. Yes you might have to sift through garbage sometimes, but that's what makes finding that one band that you love that you had not yet encountered all the more worth it. You have far from listened to all the music in the world, so listen to how painfully obsolete it is for you to close all doors hoping that there'll be news of a Morrissey tour near you. He's not going to be around forever - by the sound of it, you're going to be up shit creek without a paddle once he drops dead.

That's a lie, and you know it. I'll give Morrissey his due, because his work is extremely important, but closing yourself off from other music just because it isn't like Morrissey is just ignorant. Do you know how much music is out there? I'm not talking about top 40. People are still innovating everyday. There is always something new to discover. Yes you might have to sift through garbage sometimes, but that's what makes finding that one band that you love that you had not yet encountered all the more worth it. You have far from listened to all the music in the world, so listen to how painfully obsolete it is for you to close all doors hoping that there'll be news of a Morrissey tour near you. He's not going to be around forever - by the sound of it, you're going to be up shit creek without a paddle once he drops dead.

A lie? No, it's my opinion. You are entitled to disagree with it, though you needn't respond in such an aggressive manner. I'm certainly not closing myself off to other music, and some of it is pretty good. I just don't think any of it is as good as Morrissey's. I'm certainly not going to accuse you of lying if don't agree.

i am very aware of ''music''i am 46 and have been through various styles,i love music, i see about 30 -40 gigs a year i am aware that not everyone sounds like morrissey all i am saying is that there appears to me that originality is being eradicated

I agree there is more to music than just Morrissey. MUSIC wise especially. Nothing is better than the Smiths but Moz's backup band? Gosh yes.
Why not go to pandora or last.fm and listen to the smiths radio stations and see what other fans of Moz like.
Or check out the threads on this forum. I do get post concert blues because it's such an excited high so I get where your coming from.

I spend too much money on cancelled Moz gigs to take the chance of attempting to see him live again. They really screw you over with their "service fees" and there is a 95% chance Moz isn't going to make that show.

Besides he would tour the US when I'm going to Europe. It wouldn't surprise me if he toured Gainesville, Fl of all places the two weeks I'm not there. ;)

Back
Top Bottom