Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I did try to think up things to do, not to keep my mind off cravings, because i really didn't have any oddly, but just because without eating there was one less way for me to occupy my time. im really bad at thinking up things to do though. I watched a lot of Netflix (depressing).

You must enjoy writing ? no ? Write and self publish it !

Life is so short... LEAVE YOUR MARK !

:)

I'm really into tea. Try to find a good tea supplier near you that sells flower and root powders to make different teas, this stuff is powerful ! A combination of Lemon Balm, St Johns Wort, Passion flower really
puts me in a cheerful disposition all day. Look those up and others, it's fun to experiment, and I really do feel the difference.

Turmeric tea is great too, could just get a good organic root in powder form from most stores, slow boil in water 15 -20 minutes, sweeten it, lemon. Very good for you.

It's just that coffee is so hard on the digestive system when it's trying to detox, rest and get balanced again.
I don't drink coffee that often, for the past 2 years maybe once or twice a month in the morning only.

Just this month I've been using Guarana tea occasionally. It contains twice as much caffeine as coffee.

from, https://foodfacts.mercola.com/guarana.html

'• Weight Management

The caffeine content of guarana has a noted effect on those who are trying to maintain their weight. Since caffeine is considered to be a stimulant, your alertness and physical performance improve. This requires more energy to burn, and guarana works by mobilizing the stored fats and glucose in your body and using them as fuel, which in turn, can help you lose weight.

In a study published in the Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, an herbal capsule mixture composed of guarana, yerba maté and damiana was consumed regularly by overweight test subjects over the course of 45 days. The researchers noted that some participants were able to maintain their weight, while some lost an average of 5 kilograms (over 11 pounds).

Improved Mental Focus

Just like drinking a cup of black coffee in the morning gives your mind the focus it needs, consuming guarana can provide the same benefits, and probably even better. The stimulants found in guarana all work together to keep your mind awake, which can last for several hours. This is because guarana slowly releases the caffeine into your system, allowing you to feel the effects over a longer period of time compared to coffee.

Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Effects

Guarana is said to contain more antioxidants than green tea. In particular, guarana contains catechin, which helps reduce oxidative stress that can contribute to the development of cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, as well as being an anti-inflammatory. Guarana also has antimicrobial properties, which can help act as a natural antibiotic.

Improved Physical Performance

For those who are into sports, taking guarana can help your muscles recover faster. This works by preventing the buildup of lactic acid, a contributing factor to muscle soreness. '

I also drink a lot of green tea ....

from...

https://www.streetdirectory.com/foo...s_with_green_tea_helps_the_body_burn_fat.html

'Antioxidant Properties

Most of us have heard of the positive effects red wine can have on a fatty diet and its healthful benefits on heart disease. High amounts of catechins polyphenols, particularly EGCG, are present in green tea. And EGCG has twice as much resveratrol as red wine, making it a powerful weapon towards lowering cholesterol, inhibiting blood clots and negating the effects of a fatty diet.

EGCG is also used to treat diabetes and is reported to have glucose-lowering effects. In addition glucose can cause a person to feel hunger and by controlling insulin levels, you control appetite. Try drinking a mug of green tea at the first hunger pain and you are well on your way to managing your appetite.

Thermogenesis

Thermogenesis literally means heat generation. Green tea increases thermogenesis in the body, becoming a potent appetite suppressant and increasing fat oxidation, helping the body to use fat as an energy source. This means the body is preferentially burning fat over protein.

Green tea also raises the body’s metabolism, increasing the rate at which calories are burned. In a recent study, the combination of green tea and caffeine burned more calories than those given a placebo.

Add to its thermogenesis benefits, green tea also has energy-boosting properties, which makes it a perfect breakfast tea or mid-afternoon pick me up.

Other Healthful Benefits

There are many other conditions in which green tea is reputed to be helpful:

Killing cancer cells, while leaving healthy cells untouched
Treating Rheumatoid arthritis
Lowering LDL cholesterol
Preventing thrombosis which causes heart attacks and strokes
Addressing cardiovascular disease by inhibiting abnormal formation of blood clots
Preventing infection
Improving impaired immune function
Stopping certain neurodegenerative diseases (such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s)
Treating multiple sclerosis
Preventing tooth decay by killing the bacteria that causes dental plaque '
wow, thanks for all the info, ket! that is all very helpful! so tea with caffeine is okay on a fast, then? the last time I drank tea it gave me really bad acid reflux so ive been scared of drinking it since then, but ill give it another try. would be great if I could start drinking that instead of coffee, not just on a fast but in general. I mean, I don't even know why I drink coffee. I don't even like it.
im going to look for this guarana tea. it says on the link you provided that it has 9 cals per serving though, and I know you're not supposed to take in any cals on a fast. do you think 9 cals would count? does green tea have any cals?

wow, thanks for all the info, ket! that is all very helpful! so tea with caffeine is okay on a fast, then? the last time I drank tea it gave me really bad acid reflux so ive been scared of drinking it since then, but ill give it another try. would be great if I could start drinking that instead of coffee, not just on a fast but in general. I mean, I don't even know why I drink coffee. I don't even like it.
im going to look for this guarana tea. it says on the link you provided that it has 9 cals per serving though, and I know you're not supposed to take in any cals on a fast. do you think 9 cals would count? does green tea have any cals?

I wasn't really recommending teas during the fast, a green tea might be fine, better than heavy coffee.

I was just suggesting teas in general. Tea is really like medicine and very powerful, but if you must have tea during fasting, then I'd go with the green tea, but do some homework on that. Also can get energy through changing your state of mind, just by doing the things you enjoy.

When I fast, I do hit a low energy slump at first but when I get over that I feel great, a strange energy and change in perception. Great for meditative states, easy to get there after 6-7 days of fasting.

Again, after my last fast I just listened to my body and eat much lighter and feel better now.

I wasn't really recommending teas during the fast, a green tea might be fine, better than heavy coffee.

I was just suggesting teas in general. Tea is really like medicine and very powerful, but if you must have tea during fasting, then I'd go with the green tea, but do some homework on that. Also can get energy through changing your state of mind, just by doing the things you enjoy.

When I fast, I do hit a low energy slump at first but when I get over that I feel great, a strange energy and change in perception. Great for meditative states, easy to get there after 6-7 days of fasting.

Again, after my last fast I just listened to my body and eat much lighter and feel better now.
you are so wise, ketamine_sun :bow:

I wish I had that kind of outlet :(

but I enjoy reading your posts on here, they're very creative! , and it seems when reading them I get the sense you're enjoying yourself. That's why I suggested writing, would hate to see your talent go to waste here
on solo ! :)

I started doing yoga some years ago, don't know if you do it or not, but start with the very basics, just 20-30 minutes in the morning then eventually in the evening. May really help change your mood and give you that energy you're looking for.

When I fast I buy a bucket of fried chicken. I just lick it and then give it to a hobo. #thinspiration

but I enjoy reading your posts on here, they're very creative! , and it seems when reading them I get the sense you're enjoying yourself. That's why I suggested writing, would hate to see your talent go to waste here

I started doing yoga some years ago, don't know if you do it or not, but start with the very basics, just 20-30 minutes in the morning then eventually in the evening. May really help change your mood and give you that energy you're looking for.
well sometimes I enjoy writing posts on here and then other times trying to find something to say is like clawing words from stone. and writing a post on here and writing something purposeful are two entirely different things. thanks for the encouragement though. I am always working at it to be honest, but it puts me in a state of very fragile equilibrium so I don't think it's a good thing to do while I fast nor while I live in this house of horrors.

does yoga really work? I don't know if I have the faith. also I'd probably do it wrong and end up hurting myself. :p maybe ill see if theres some videos on youtube or something. I suppose that would be a good way to occupy my time.

well sometimes I enjoy writing posts on here and then other times trying to find something to say is like clawing words from stone. and writing a post on here and writing something purposeful are two entirely different things. thanks for the encouragement though. I am always working at it to be honest, but it puts me in a state of very fragile equilibrium so I don't think it's a good thing to do while I fast nor while I live in this house of horrors.

does yoga really work? I don't know if I have the faith. also I'd probably do it wrong and end up hurting myself. :p maybe ill see if theres some videos on youtube or something. I suppose that would be a good way to occupy my time.

'and then other times trying to find something to say is like clawing words from stone.'

yes, but part of the enjoyment is that struggle.

'and writing a post on here and writing something purposeful are two entirely different things.'

very true.

really just do the very basics of yoga, it's more like stretching and holding that stretch, don't get carried away or push yourself into discomfort. Simple simple poses and enjoyment. Don't think about the spiritual and disciplinary aspects of it, just take the beginner basics, closer to slow aerobics. Start on the easiest movements, keep at those for some months, the key is to make it a habit, so just start out mornings 10- 15 minutes for a few months, then gradually longer. Don't rush it, be easy on yourself, enjoy the new feelings, exploring the movements of your body. Have fun.

I’ll probably get shit for this, but I’ve been practicing (ashtanga) yoga for ages. My neurologist told me last week that I appear much fitter and healthier than I am, that I am stronger than I should be at this point, considering things going on in my body. I believe I have yoga to thank for this, above all. It’s really helped me build physical and mental strength over the years and to improve posture, balance and stamina. And then there's the spiritual aspect, of course. I cannot recommend yoga warmly enough!

I think you are a gifted writer. I am surprised to read that you sometimes find it difficult to find something to say, because what I love most about your posts is the effortlessness (and the insight and the sarcasm!). By effortlessness I don't mean you not putting any actual effort into your writing, I just get the impression that words come very easy to you ...

Last edited:
yeah... :( I need to believe. I need you to be happy and healthy and at the beach and going dancing and eating baklava and drinking espresso past noon. but it sounds like you're okay, so that's alright I guess.

oh your tree is going to be soooooo fabulous bun bun! are you going to have a tree decorating party?! you should post pictures of your tree! what do you hope you'll get from santa?!

This is heartwarming. <3 I'm sure I'll be fine and drinking espressos past noon for a long time to come.

Of course we're going to have a tree decorating party! And of course there is going to be Nomi. Nomi and cocktails.

I'm aiming for something like this:

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 21.25.57.png

What do I hope to get from Santa? Hmmm. Health and happiness for D and me and everyone we love, and that we don't go bald in 2019. And socks. I'm in dire need of socks. What do you hope you'll get from Santa?

Thinking that the fact I put no thought whatsoever into conditioning for snow shoveling season was a serious oversight. Also wondering why the first real snow had to be one of those heavy, wet snows that are great for snowmans or forts but are unreasonably difficult to shovel. Every shovel full required knocking the shovel on the ground to get the other half of the scoop to fall out. I’m bitter about the whole thing right now. Its going to be a long winter, I can tell.

The fact that they managed to diagnose my dad before he died with Atrial Fibrillation means that I finally think I know why my heart has been like it has been for ages. I am gonna go have it checked out as soon as possible cause reading about the symptoms ticks a lot of boxes.
All these racing heart theories they told me about way back seem to have been replaced with a lot more knowledge. Why not replace a shitty 2018 with heart surgery or electric therapy in 2019?

FOOK MY LIFE

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom