Rebels Without Applause released as a single track - initially on some region's YT, now to buy & stream (November 24, 2022)

UPDATE (Nov. 25):

This Charming Bowie posted the story from official_morrissey_central / Instagram:

Morrissey's Rebels Without Applause is available today worldwide (including Britain) on Spotify,
courtesy of Capitol Records. The track is produced by Andrew Watt. This is Morrissey's first 'single' release since 'It's Over', taken from the 'California Son' album in November 2019. 'It's Over' peaked at number 1 in the UK vinyl chart.

Also now on Morrissey Central. Link posted by Famous when dead.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
UK YT credits "IIP-DDS" as opposed to UMG under 'provided to YouTube by'.
"Digital Distribution Services" apparently.
Too many rabbit holes, but:
FWD.

bunch a panickers on here,the whole point of getting a different producer is that you get a different sound,i dont see what the problem is,enjoyable track for a friday morning.

Stop talking out of your ass for one second and recognize the fact that this is his greatest single since You Have Killed Me.
Gregor, I quite like it when you use the language of the street, but Franz Kafka (to whom you owe everything) would certainly not be proud of you. The "single" is a joke. Morrissey is ostensibly trying to win back old fans with the sound of Johnny Marr's guitar and some lightweights here get into a state of trance.

As far as vocal effects/harsh sound/compression are concerned, I took it as a stylistic decision as the song is harking back to the good old days and the good old bands to make it sound like an older mic/vocal recording. Judging by "If Saturday Ever Comes" on Sam's yt channel, it's something that's been done before.

I’ve had the melody stuck in my head all morning and it sounds so mush better in my head than on this version. This is Art-hounds all over again.

I think it got released so the record company wouldn't have to endure any more 'Little Moz' videos.
Get ready. There's a strong possibility the father is already getting ready to film his 'Mini Me' lip-synching to this, which then will be released by Sam as the official promo video. :paranoid:

I've found one lossless version (excluding Japan), which I'm not signing up for - will wait for more choice as not familiar with them (if anyone wants to burn 2 bucks & share - feel free).
They provide the following:

Screenshot_20221125-104654.png

(DR = dynamic range).

It is credited to Capitol Records (with 'exclusive license to UMG Recordings').
Regards,
FWD.

With Johhny Marr as special guest. Exactly! Exactly what the Morrissey fans want to hear in 2022. You hypocrites!
Johnny, circa Smiths, sounded a lot better. This is very anemic compared to Johnny's playing back then. And hell just froze over and maybe a few pigs flew, but yes, I complimented Johnny :p Maybe Moz can tour with a Johnny Hologram? I don't know what to think anymore.

Has FiFi Dumbell posted her 1,5oo word essay on why this is the best single to ever single? Do Billy Idol and James Stevenson know they've been dragged into this?

Forget previous re: FLAC.
See download section.
Full FLAC added - which is going to be the definitive version apart from a CD or vinyl rip.
I find the string slides more 'annoying' than anything else.
Regards,
FWD.

Hahhaha the spotify algorithm is totally at it. In the random song radio stream the algorithm played "Cemetry gates" of the Smiths right after it "Rebels without applause" and it said "song radio based on Rebels without applause"

Personally, I love it. Been listening to it all morning with a smile on my face haha. The only part I dislike is the "and" on the "generation x and xray spex" bit. It's a different style and I really do like it. Looking foward to seeing what is released next! :clap:

Back
Top Bottom