Remember the Time Morrissey made a fun of Khan

I cannot understand how you are so consistently wrong about everything.
Saying Khan can’t speak “properly” because he says in’ instead of ing is like saying Scots can’t speak properly because they say hamburrrRRRRRrrggguuuuuurrrRRRrrr instead of hamburger.
ya big rrrrrrrrrracist.

He didn't say that, he said - “London is debased. The Mayor of London tells us about ‘Neighborhood policin’ — what is ‘policin’? He tells us London is an ‘amazin’ city. What is ‘amazin’? This is the Mayor of London! And he cannot talk properly!”
For me, this is one of the oddest things that Morrissey's ever said. Does he truly want political leaders to all speak "properly"? God almighty, we've had centuries of that in England, and look where it's got us...

For me, this is one of the oddest things that Morrissey's ever said. Does he truly want political leaders to all speak "properly"? God almighty, we've had centuries of that in England, and look where it's got us...
It's just classism from Morrissey. Like I said before, millions of British working class people, of all ethnicities, speak like Khan, who grew up in a working class family. When he insults one, he insults the rest of us.

Maybe it's some internalised self-hatred on Morrissey's part, considering his social background and upbringing? I get the impression he always thought he was better than his fellow working class peers. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I'm sure many people who come from working class backgrounds want something better for themselves, but he could do well to remember where he came from.

It's just classism from Morrissey. Like I said before, millions of British working class people, of all ethnicities, speak like Khan, who grew up in a working class family. When he insults one, he insults the rest of us.

Maybe it's some internalised self-hatred on Morrissey's part, considering his social background and upbringing? I get the impression he always thought he was better than his fellow working class peers. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I'm sure many people who come from working class backgrounds want something better for themselves, but he could do well to remember where he came from.
Yes, you're right. Reminds me a bit of my own father, who grew up dirt poor in the north but by his early 30s had reinvented himself in London with no trace of his old northern accent. (Maybe that's why this annoys me so much!)

It was nothing to do with his ethnicity, or skin colour, or religion, or class - Moz was just saying the man's a f***ing idiot. You can't really argue with him on that one.

The mayor of London should be able to speak perfect English. Obviously he's only the mayor because he was the politically correct choice, much like the mayor of Chicago, and look how well that went...

Really? How can you tell that?

Also; I live in North America. What language do I need besides English, which I speak impeccably? If I were ever to visit or move to a different country, I'd be sure to learn the language first...unlike the uncultured, lazy, disgusting, greedy, filthy, intellectually bereft scum that flood our borders.
PRECISELY

Half of the inhabitants of London can't speak proper English, so it's only appropriate for the mayor to be the same.

Half of the inhabitants of London can't speak proper English, so it's only appropriate for the mayor to be the same.
Who knew my upbringing resulting in me saying wartah instead of water qualified me to be mayor of London

I won't forget any of you when I'm Earth President

It was nothing to do with his ethnicity, or skin colour, or religion, or class - Moz was just saying the man's a f***ing idiot. You can't really argue with him on that one.

So the point stands then? Morrissey insults a person because of the way he speaks, thereby insulting the millions of people who speak just like Sadiq Khan, many of them from working class backgrounds.

Back
Top Bottom