Royal Albert Hall show cancelled 11/05/09

Re: Royal Albert Hall show cancelled tonight

Guys, I appreciate that this is horrendous news, but please, can we keep this in context?

I've just heard that Jordon and Peter Andre are seperating...

BEFORE ANYONE STARTS SCREAMING AT ME I AM JOKING!!!

I am just as gutted as the rest of you. I was so looking forward to tonight, seeing all my friends, seeing Moz for the first time in ages... I have tickets for Manchester, Troxy and Brixton. I just hope he will be ok. It is disappointing and I do have serious concerns about his wellbeing.

his voice may well have deteriorated overnight but I think Morrissey's head is in a pretty bad place at the mo.
as someone who is utterly obsessed with chart positions, the performance of SISMS would be pretty devastating and we now know he's stopped playing it (at least last night) simply because it missed the chart.
he also finds it particularly galling that Bob Dylan has reached the top of the chart (two weeks in a row); something he failed to do with YOR.
SISMS has even left the top 100 this week, possibly making it his biggest ever chart failure, unbelievable when just three years ago he had his biggest ever success.
let's hope it's a mild throat problem and the tour will continue in a few days but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some other explanation...
Sorry Maurice but this is complete bollocks. He played the hell out of 'Skull' at all 4 of the Scottish gigs last week, the best versions I've ever heard, and the on-stage references to its chart failure were all just the usual Moz waspish tongue-in-cheekiness. I'm sure he was pissed of at its failure but to try and ascribe the RAH canellation to it is utter madness.
I'll admit that when the charts were announced on Sunday I did think we were in for a week of silly sulky bad-tempered gigs. But THEY WERE NOT. They were some of the most vibrant and thrilling performances I've seen him give, so to suggest some deeper psychological ailment is at work here simply does not tally with the facts.

Guys, I appreciate that this is horrendous news, but please, can we keep this in context?

I've just heard that Jordon and Peter Andre are seperating...

BEFORE ANYONE STARTS SCREAMING AT ME I AM JOKING!!!

I am just as gutted as the rest of you. I was so looking forward to tonight, seeing all my friends, seeing Moz for the first time in ages... I have tickets for Manchester, Troxy and Brixton. I just hope he will be ok. It is disappointing and I do have serious concerns about his wellbeing.

Kitty! You are NOT JOKING! :confused:

JORDAN and hubby Peter Andre have sensationally split - after nearly five years of marriage, The Sun can reveal.
The former Page 3 girl, 30, and the singer, 36, who found love in the Australian jungle on ITV1 hit I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! made the shock announcement this afternoon.

;)

I'm completely deflated. It was my wife's birthday today and this was a great surprise for her - the tickets fell out of the birthday card this morning, much to her joy. Was also taking the two kids, so it was going to be a lovely night. Also have tickets for Cambridge, bit worried about that now.
That's terrible. Sympathy,sympathy,sympathy. :tears:
I've come down from Glasgow and just found out a couple of hours ago. Feel like I've been kicked in the guts. But at least I had the Scotch tour which was magnificent. Trying not to think about what might have been, I had really good seats for RAH. And I've got tickets for the Manc gigs and the London ones at the end of the month, only hoping those aren't affected now.
Can't really be arsed bemoaning the whys and wherefores. It's happened, it's shit. Next ? All I know is that he was on the best form of his life last week, musically and personally, so it would be a true shame if the rest of the UK fans didn't get to experience a little bit of that.
So, a Monday night in swingin' London lies before me, decision, decisions....
Fish supper and Corrie double-bill sounds about right :thumb:

Kitty! You are NOT JOKING! :confused:

JORDAN and hubby Peter Andre have sensationally split - after nearly five years of marriage, The Sun can reveal.
The former Page 3 girl, 30, and the singer, 36, who found love in the Australian jungle on ITV1 hit I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! made the shock announcement this afternoon.

;)
Finally, we have the real reason for the cancellation.
Moz is in bitz. :tears:

This is the worst news Has anyone else spent loads of money on train tickets and hotels?
I have and they are non-refundable :(
No chance I am going to go all the way up to London and book trains/hotel again for the reschedulled date.

I was literally supposed to be leaving to catch the train soon and before I left the house checked another forum and saw this news!
:tears:

:tears: yes, me too, flown over from europe. sniff. Probably cannot make the postponing. I had a nice afternoon with crimes and I can@t read the stories from thwe other gigs because rhis wluld make me really really sad.

Hopefully he'll get a doctor -
or the frinkers magic hands may be laid on him ... :lbf:

Anyway:
:flowers: :flowers: get well soon :flowers::flowers: and to the stage in Brum,
please at least to do a
Moz is reading his favourite novelspoems whatever.

London isn@t that bad

Surely this means that the Jools Holland show with the New York Dolls is off too?

Peter

:tears: yes, me too, flown over from europe. sniff. Probably cannot make the postponing. I had a nice afternoon with crimes and I can't read the stories from thwe other gigs because rhis would make me really really sad.

Hopefully he'll get a doctor -
or the frinkers magic hands may be laid on him

Anyway:
:flowers: :flowers: get well soon :flowers::flowers: and to the stage in Brum,
please at least to do a
Moz is reading his favourite novels, poems whatever.

London isn't that bad

Sorry about your misfortunes.

Yep, London is sunny and lovely this afternoon.
Pity weather forecast says it will be miserable later this week.

Hopefully Birmingham gig will make up for it.

Surely this means that the Jools Holland show with the New York Dolls is off too?

Peter

Hmmmmm, wait and see tomorrow night.

Last edited:

I'm completely deflated. It was my wife's birthday today and this was a great surprise for her - the tickets fell out of the birthday card this morning, much to her joy. Was also taking the two kids, so it was going to be a lovely night. Also have tickets for Cambridge, bit worried about that now.

:eek: :(

I don't suppose there's much chance of him playing Birmingham then? I've been looking forward to this as this would have been the first time seeing moz live, I bought my tickets off ebay for £55 too so I doubt I will get a refund. :(

:eek: :(

I don't suppose there's much chance of him playing Birmingham then? I've been looking forward to this as this would have been the first time seeing moz live, I bought my tickets off ebay for £55 too so I doubt I will get a refund. :(

He grumped his way through the set last night, but his voice was fine. If he rests tonight and if need be cancels Jools Holland, he stands a fair chance of being match fit for Birmingham.

I got all the way to the RAH to pick up my tickets before I found out. Gutted.
It would really take the piss if he turns up for Jools Holland tomorrow.

so which London club will Morrissey be drinking in tonight?

Really sorry to hear this for all you guys who were going - was really weird 'cause my teacher and I were discussing today whether Moz would survive illness free until the sailsbury gig my teacher's going to- he could've gone to RAH so he said it'd be typical if Moz was ill on the Sailsbury night and wasn't on the RAH night he could've gone- Really sorry to hear this terrible news.

Obviously gutting for people who travel along way, but come on no one has forced people to spend all that money on travel and accomodation and inflated ticket prices, so dont start calling moz all the names under the sun becuase he cancels a gig

Just getting over todays dissapointment.

Thinking about going to Brixton instead, anyone know how long the gig has lasted so I can plan train times, I know Liverpool was 1 hour 15 but with warm up how long was it it total, please help a Moz fan in rehab?

Feel sorry for all you guys - I really do....I was very close to arranging to go to this particular gig as I've never seen him in London, and the reason for nearly coming was because some pals were toying with going to see him for the first time ever! Fortunately it all fell through.....

Certainly his mood was very good last monday - I saw him at Stirling and he was on top form.....but we did comment on the way home that he really has to strain his voice to be heard over this current band...and it all just adds up to a sound which is not all that appealling, and surely can't be doing his voice any good at all.

The two stand-out vocal performances that night were Seasick.... and Why don't you find out for yourself......one of the greatest and most distinctive voices of this generation having to bawl and shout to be heard over some pub rockers is just so bizarre.....

Get well soon Moz......and change your backing band (or at least turn them down) xx

Is it likely that he'll reschedule this week? I mean, he has the 14th free for example? Or that he'll even reschedule at all? This is the one day I've been looking forward to for over half a year now. Just misery now.

Just my opinion but I doubt it will be re-scheduled. I was due to go to one of the Roundhouse gigs that was cancelled and they kept saying that it was 'postponed' and they were working on re-scheduling it and, by the time it was confirmed that there wasn't going to be a re-scheduled date, it was too late for me to go to any other UK dates :( If that is the only date you were due to go to and you *really* want to see him on this tour, I think it's best to assume it's not going to be re-arranged and consider trying to make it to another date.

So....The "Tour of Refunds" rolls on (!??)........
My belief in Morrissey is busted now beyond redemption.....
SOOOO many gigs cancelled at such short notice ( NOT just this tour.....I think I have had more tickets for cancelled shows over the years than I have actually saw him Live...).
Also, as much as I adore The Smiths....there's quite a few songs of theirs in the current show.....Whats up Moz?? Not enough of your own solo Classics to play??? Gawdd, I could name at least 50 I would sooner hear than an average Pub-band plodding through a lacklustre version of "This Charming man".....
Am I the only Birthday boy DREADING the 22nd May???....I honestly wish That the ticket I have was NOT a Birthday present for me, as I would sooner sell it ( Face Value, of course...) and not fu##ing bother going.....Hell, If I could give it away, I would...I am NOT Looking forward to the (By Now usual) "Will he/won't he" play the gig game.......
I just don't f***ing care anymore.
the Magic has gone Old Bean.....see how YOUR rules spoil the game????
To say the least...TRULY Disappointed....truly, truly oh-ohhhh....

And at Least Springsteen ( Love him or hate him) actually gives a fu##ing damn about the fans ( you know, the ones who actually buy the records, and go to the shows..)..

Your rules Spoil the game! Perfect! well said! i was not going any way iam doing yarmouth as its cheap and my last moz gig if he dont show at yarmouth i really aint bothered. At least boy george is free and looking good again lol :) best news ive heard all day! i never play YOR any way, The Smiths and quarry sums it all up for me! Soon will be now! The grumpy old queen needs to think about the people that can only afford one gig as he know most fans do 3-6 gigs so he can cancel as they have other chances!

What is it with him and london! i was gutted about the round house and i can understand how others in london feel today! rough trade in london gave birth to his carrer he needs to show the south some respect! but like most people use london then f*** off! and to ware a west ham t shirt lol he doest have a clue what being a true born east londoner is! like most things its a image to buy into. Its got boring like the new music he will always have a place in my life but give it up morrissey it becomes sad!

Back
Top Bottom