Russell Brand

Oh my goodness. Is this diagramming sentences/Talmudic interpretation week? The "fire-eater within" leaps out before the prison sex is advertised, so you're taking things out of chronological order to get your eisegesis.

I don't know what the rest of the world thinks, but this passage (t0 me) is about a person attracted to a certain type, yet ambivalent about what that type sexually offers. Morrissey has since the beginning written from the point of view of a bookish wallflower who wants the "tough kid who sometimes swallows nails, raised on prisoner's aid." It doesn't tell us anything about his specific sexual fantasies, and thank God for Morrissey being tasteful and prudent.
Yep, she has said herself that Moz is often hyperbolic. He is basically saying the audience was predominantly or exclusively male and filled with sexual energy.

Not really. He's not a tabloid figure, the press would want some kind of proof like a picture or emails & if he's not done anything illegal or particularly cruel then it's not a story.

Yes, I suppose you're right.

There's probably nothing to tell anyway (unless of course it involved gritty prison sex)

Yes, I suppose you're right.

There's probably nothing to tell anyway (unless of course it involved gritty prison sex)

Wellllll - I have heard something that's kind of in that direction.

His relationship with Jake is interesting enough for a biopic - & moving to Italy because he met a bloke at an airport is kind of romantic.

And you might be able to chuck in something about Spencer...

964e2c28e8c93d9bda897eb5e1281c53.gif

Wellllll - I have heard something that's kind of in that direction.

His relationship with Jake is interesting enough for a biopic - & moving to Italy because he met a bloke at an airport is kind of romantic.

And you might be able to chuck in something about Spencer...

View attachment 102449

Good for him.

I understood that he'd moved to Italy, and that he had found someone there - but I didn't realise that the relationship was the initial motivation.

Interesting to me how he's managed to keep things so private. It's more difficult than ever these days.

Morrissey did try to warn Russell back in 2009

Russell's incredulous reaction seems to suggest that at the time he was still very naive about these things

(or thought it couldn't possibly happen to him)

Look, I don't want to speculate any further on what kind of sex Morrissey fantasizes about. The speculation you've done already is more than enough. Take whatever you want from a single throw-away mention. I'm just pleased it's as innocent as it turned out to be. When you said Autobiography contained a prison sex fantasy, I thought I had missed something major. I have no idea why I thought that; I should've known you were just you being yourself as usual.

"Fire-eater within", "gritty prison-cell sex", "shaking with courage".

FFS. This is the same man who, some years later, developed PTSD because an airport security-guard momentarily touched him on the bot-bot.

It's unhealthy that you have to deny some obvious sexual references because they involve men.
No one is denying that Moz is a humasexual. We just don't agree that the section you quoted from his autobiography constituted 'a prison sex fantasy'. What a colourful imagination you do have.

No one is denying that Moz is a humasexual. We just don't agree that the section you quoted from his autobiography constituted 'a prison sex fantasy'. What a colourful imagination you do have.

It doesn't take much imagination - he's looking at men & gritty prsion sex springs into his mind.

Back
Top Bottom