Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
M had his heart set on Miley. And he won't let it go.

I think Central should stop the problematic posts - both political & personal. It just gets him into trouble & that's 3 record companies he's burned through since Donnie came on the scene - which makes him look like an extremely bad influence.

Also - I think he should remove Bonfire & Notre Dame from his albums, put Veronica aside till her management doesn't mind & shock the print media & the radio by sorting out his reputation.

Last edited:
This isn't exhaustive, but this timeline I'm working on helps put some of the email info in context:

(not complete)

So the Miley vocal was discussed January, 2022 and he name-dropped her on stage in July, 2022.
Regards,
FWD.

The “Mozi” stunt is starting to backfire now that the truth is coming out.
Poor Mozi.
IMG_9355.jpeg

Last edited:
The same kind of thing happened with the Supreme deal. The photo got posted on True To You & couldn't be used so they asked for their money back & he refused to pay.

Since 2012 it's been a train wreck & the only thing left is gigs & merch. 🧐

What a mess. The truly sad thing here is that Morrissey vastly overestimates Miley's importance. She has worked very closely with The Flaming Lips on several projects, done a whole album with her, so The Flaming Lips must be huge, right? No, they hit their commercial peak 20 years ago, long before Miley was in the picture. Miley doing backing vocals for one Morrissey song is just a curiosity, nothing more. To wreck the whole project because of that is just stupid.

This confirms what I suspected all along - Capitol are willing to give Bonfire back to Morrissey if he returns the advance he was paid for it, but Moz won't stump up the cash. Sadly predictable.

Morrissey values MC's guest vocal higher than actually releasing the album.

And we now know that Morrissey himself is the stumbing block to the album's release. Not Capitol.

He's surrounded himself with too many sycophants for too long.

Morrissey won't repay his advance to get Bonfire back, as 1) he's notoriously stingy with money, and 2) he knows no other label will release it anyway.

I think this might just push him to deliberately leak the album online now in a fit of pique.

Morrissey values MC's guest vocal higher than actually releasing the album.

And we now know that Morrissey himself is the stumbing block to the album's release. Not Capitol.

He's surrounded himself with too many sycophants for too long.
He values the publicity having Miley Cyrus on the record would bring; without her on it, he knows it’s not worth his time, effort or money to buy it back, re-record her part on Veronica and self-release.
But why miss a good opportunity to blame everyone else, right?

He values the publicity having Miley Cyrus on the record would bring; without her on it, he knows it’s not worth his time, effort or money to buy it back, re-record her part on Veronica and self-release.
But why miss a good opportunity to blame everyone else, right?
Blaming someone else is precisely what Morrissey is doing. Where is your condemnation of that?

Capitol cannot legally release this album due to the presence of MC's vocals, and Morrissey's refusal to remove them.

What is so difficult to understand about that?

It’s hardly anything new or surprising for the fans.
The Miley-vocals were the sole reason this album couldn’t be released, not anything else like the title track as some suggested.

The only thing I still find strange is why they decided to rush release Rebels Without Applause (without Morrissey consenting) after the fallout over the Miley-vocals.

Holy shit HAHAHAHAHAHA. This will NOT look good on him and I think that’s very funny. No conspiracy against him, no censorship of what he’s saying in the songs, no intentional wrecking of the album, just Morrissey being f***ing stupid. If I were in his position I would just change the backing vocals on Veronica for now and then perhaps later have the version with Miley released. Because eventually, when her record deal is over, the song will be able to be released. But for now surely he can just use someone just as good as Miley and have the BEST ALBUM OF HIS CAREER released. Honestly I think this is good news because the cats out of the bag and perhaps now he will finally accept he was wrong (unfathomably unlikely but still) and have it released with another vocalist. Very very funny ordeal all round.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom