Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
I don’t find it funny at all. I’m just pointing out you seemed to be making a point out of the fact that he put up a photo of a woman he has a grievance with on his website. If it was a man there would be no issue. So I’m not sure what you’re getting at really, he hasn’t made threats, been offensive in anyway he’s just speaking his mind.

Of course it would still be an issue if it was a man. The facts are the same this debacle is nothing to do with the Head Of Capitol records as is made clear in the messages.

Last edited:
It seems to me that there are quite a few people in denial or trying to put a spin on things or just outright defending the abuse Morrissey has heaped on people. Maybe one day they will be the only ones left.
Ironic as all I see is you heaping abuse on Morrissey.
Day after long day after long day.
Hilarious.

Yes, let's hear from Miley- who stands to gain nothing by speaking up other than
"Miley Cyrus lends support to embittered right wing bullshit artist who sometimes sings" headlines for doing so.

Morrissey, being Morrissey, has Morrissey'd himself into another Morrissey situation.
All for the utter blip of second-hand fame he could absorb with "Miley Cyrus" on one of his sleeves.

Yes, let's hear from Miley- who stands to gain nothing by speaking up other than
"Miley Cyrus lends support to embittered right wing bullshit artist who sometimes sings" headlines for doing so.

Morrissey, being Morrissey, has Morrissey'd himself into another Morrissey situation.
All for the utter blip of second-hand fame he could absorb with "Miley Cyrus" on one of his sleeves.
your a bit late its page 29.

In my defense, I only saw there was a kerfuffle at all because I looked in my email spam folder and saw Morrissey-solo notifications. I've not been here in a while. Hell, I didn't even know he was on tour right now, let alone that Alain jumped ship already!
left nut,your better off out of it,im only on here because the schools are on holiday.

left nut,your better off out of it,im only on here because the schools are on holiday.
It is a bit sad/funny coming back in here and seeing previously unflappable irregulars at the end of their Morrissey ropes. And the few holdouts who still have a flicker of hope against all odds. It's been neurotic & weird for years- but then again, Morrissey.

Like I said, the spam folder made me curious, and with my curiosity sated, I think I'll go back into obscurity. Take care everybody.

The twat who potentially ended Morrissey's recording career.
It does seem to have had quite the opposite to the desired affect, though it would appear to be the childish post on Central which prompted the email release.

I see what you mean, but she’s not deaf or blind. She knows this is happening. She could speak up. I feel like if she had any decency she would - especially if she considers herself a fan.
Do you mean the same kind of decency that made her ride a giant fake "...beeep"? Or give a fake "blow...beeep" on stage as well? Many of us don't understand why he seemed to like her in the first place?

interesting that Ron Perry seems to say that he had previously already told Capital that no outside features of MC would be cleared right now (this implies that they may be open to this at a later date)

Surely at this point it would have been sensible for Scott Rodger to ask Ron Perry "at what point in the future will you be open to clearing this so we can release Ms album"

it seems Scott and Capital ignored that and sent the album to production anyway (at wasted cost)

M should approach Columbia for a deal with a view to buying out Capitol releasing both BOT(with MS vocal) and his latest recording. As BOT has already been recorded Columbia could just pay their advance for BOT direct to Capitol and Moz can receive an advance for his newer album (and everyone is happy)

Do you mean the same kind of decency that made her ride a giant fake "...beeep"? Or give a fake "blow...beeep" on stage as well? Many of us don't understand why he seemed to like her in the first place?
Don’t forget she covered The Smiths in front of huge audiences and she’s apparantly a fan who volunteered singing with him in the studio.

And they got on well during that recording if the photos are anything to go by.

I can't believe that Moz is so naive as to actually believe that what the artist wants matters when it comes to contract law. She is contractually obligated such that any material she records is owned by Columbia. Columbia were not willing to give the green light to her performance on a recording owned by another company, therefore whether she wants to be featured on BoT or not is irrelevant.

I dont think he is naive, but just stubborn.
I can't believe that Moz is so naive as to actually believe that what the artist wants matters when it comes to contract law. She is contractually obligated such that any material she records is owned by Columbia. Columbia were not willing to give the green light to her performance on a recording owned by another company, therefore whether she wants to be featured on BoT or not is irrelevant.

Don’t forget she covered The Smiths in front of huge audiences and she’s apparantly a fan who volunteered singing with him in the studio.

And they got on well during that recording if the photos are anything to go by.

shes also an animal lover and a person who supports gay transgender people. one of my fav bits of her was when she performed with larua jane grace, transgender woman from against me, and joan jett. they did a wonderful song about gender identity written in 1983 called androgynous which was written by paul westerberg of the replacements.

androgynous

true trans soul rebels

she seems liked by a lot of very cool people and maybe she is a very cool person. whats wrong sex anyway. good for her being a sexual person instead of being ashamed. f#ck shame. also has a very nice voice. full of tension when its low and pure when she goes up

Are you all f***ing dense? These are legally binding contracts, worth hundreds of thousands. If she has signed an exclusive deal, she can’t just immediately start appearing on other artists records.
Morrissey was told not to talk about it, and he did, now he’s up shit creek.

Besides reading some good books in his teens/twenties, has Morrissey ever exhibited an iota of f***ing intelligence?

As I said in another message, Morrissey is a thick twat at times. He really can be the stupid person's idea of an intelligent person.

shes also an animal lover and a person who supports gay transgender people. one of my fav bits of her was when she performed with larua jane grace, transgender woman from against me, and joan jett. they did a wonderful song about gender identity written in 1983 called androgynous which was written by paul westerberg of the replacements.

androgynous

true trans soul rebels

she seems liked by a lot of very cool people and maybe she is a very cool person. whats wrong sex anyway. good for her being a sexual person instead of being ashamed. f#ck shame. also has a very nice voice. full of tension when its low and pure when she goes up

Thanks for sharing.
Androgynous is such a great ‘Mats-song.

Last edited:
M should approach Columbia for a deal with a view to buying out Capitol releasing both BOT(with MS vocal) and his latest recording. As BOT has already been recorded Columbia could just pay their advance for BOT direct to Capitol and Moz can receive an advance for his newer album (and everyone is happy)
No record company is ever going to touch him again after this shitstorm (that Morrissey himself has caused). Why would they? To sell relatively low numbers of an album to the ever-depleting number of fans he still has left?

This is the end.

This might have been covered, but when this Ron Perry guy from Columbia emailed Scott Rodger saying "it shouldn't have gone to production without Columbia approval" this seems to imply that at some point Capitol were going ahead with the release even though they'd been told not to (assuming "gone to production" refers to the release process and not the recording process)? Were Capitol at some point going ahead with the release thinking they could clear up the contractual problems along the way, only to find that they couldn't? This would make even less sense of Morrissey blaming Capitol for blocking the release!

I'd love to see the whole email trail. Scott Rodger needs to stop drip-feeding us and tell the whole story!

But it must be a real bummer to record an album and be really pleased and excited about it and then it doesn't get released for bullshit corporate contract reasons. I can see why someone who digs their heels in over things like Morrissey does would be super pissed about it. What I don't get is why he's angry at Capitol rather than Columbia?

Back
Top Bottom