Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.
Androgynous is such a great ‘Mats-song.

i agree about the mats, which is funny to me as im making a bunch of replacements bside playlists as an expanded version of tim and pleased to meet me just came out. one of them is titled matricide for the less used nickname. try the other song as well if you havent heard it before. true trans soul rebel is sorta heartbreaking and the lyrics very acutely describe the pain of gender dysphoria. i guess this isnt the time for musical rebels though as we all seem to be very concerned with the petty squabbles of capitalism as if her appearing on morrisseys song in the background is going to some hurt her or columbia in any way. again how would anyone be bothered. the label doesnt like morrissey and took any opportunity to try and stop it even if no tangible consequence to any of them can be named. self-important petty personal pedantic children at play

left nut,your better off out of it,im only on here because the schools are on holiday.
You’re on here all day long, and we’ll into the wee hours .🤣
Any opinion that isn’t yours, doesn’t count. Right. ?

Do you mean the same kind of decency that made her ride a giant fake "...beeep"? Or give a fake "blow...beeep" on stage as well? Many of us don't understand why he seemed to like her in the first place?
In fact, the only thing I know about Miley Cyrus is her riding a fake cock on stage and shoving her pussy in your face. To each his own, but is this not essentially her stage act? On the one hand Morrissey is a thug for targeting the CEO of Capitol records for no reason or basis to do so, but on the other I really feel sorry for the guy to be so desperate that he thinks Miley Cyrus is going to salvage his career when in fact as it turns out she contributed to the ongoing never ending destruction of it. Poor guy.

This might have been covered, but when this Ron Perry guy from Columbia emailed Scott Rodger saying "it shouldn't have gone to production without Columbia approval" this seems to imply that at some point Capitol were going ahead with the release even though they'd been told not to (assuming "gone to production" refers to the release process and not the recording process)? Were Capitol at some point going ahead with the release thinking they could clear up the contractual problems along the way, only to find that they couldn't? This would make even less sense of Morrissey blaming Capitol for blocking the release!

I'd love to see the whole email trail. Scott Rodger needs to stop drip-feeding us and tell the whole story!

But it must be a real bummer to record an album and be really pleased and excited about it and then it doesn't get released for bullshit corporate contract reasons. I can see why someone who digs their heels in over things like Morrissey does would be super pissed about it. What I don't get is why he's angry at Capitol rather than Columbia?
Ditto and why target the CEO of Capitol with a hate campaign.

Maybe Donnie Knutson could defend his client from this onslaught?

Or is the onslaught here to defend him?
As employee, if you’ve got away with what you’re doing for so long, no point learning new skills. Knutson would be doing anything any time soon. The man is a walking prick. And an increasingly arrogant one.

Have we come to the point where if a female is involved in any kind of "drama" people automatically assume that them being a woman is part of it? Why even bring it up in the first place? How can someone see this kind of "drama" and write "Ah yes, yet another male vs female issue", when sex is totally irrelevant in this discussion? Talking about Scott's tweets and some people commenting here. Keep this modern bullshit over the pond, please.

Mental illness, I swear

interesting that Ron Perry seems to say that he had previously already told Capital that no outside features of MC would be cleared right now (this implies that they may be open to this at a later date)

Surely at this point it would have been sensible for Scott Rodger to ask Ron Perry "at what point in the future will you be open to clearing this so we can release Ms album"

it seems Scott and Capital ignored that and sent the album to production anyway (at wasted cost)

M should approach Columbia for a deal with a view to buying out Capitol releasing both BOT(with MS vocal) and his latest recording. As BOT has already been recorded Columbia could just pay their advance for BOT direct to Capitol and Moz can receive an advance for his newer album (and everyone is happy)
Why would Columbia want anything to do with Morrissey? BOT would probably only sell around 25,000 copies and then Columbia would be publicly blamed and trolled in child-like fashion, just like Capitol has been and Harvest before that.

Why would Columbia want anything to do with Morrissey? BOT would probably only sell around 25,000 copies and then Columbia would be publicly blamed and trolled in child-like fashion, just like Capitol has been and Harvest before that.
Morrissey was probably second only to Paul McCartney as the most respected singer / songwriter on the planet. The guy has written some of the greatest songs ever recorded in the history of pop / rock music. Many of us here (myself included) were fortunate enough to see The Smiths play live. I bought their debut record the day it came out no kidding! It is sad to see the current state of Morrissey. He was simply so extraordinary and still is this very day. It is sad to see him groveling over Miley Cyrus for gods sake and targeting the CEO of Capitol records which is one of the most prestigious record companies on the planet (and there are not many left). Scott (his former agent) said he had a great team behind him and that all he needed to do was re-record the track with another even better singer. If he would have taken his advice, BOT would have been released, and Morrissey would be one step ahead of the Stones with the production. As it stands, he does cover songs of Country singers and plays tired setlists that he has rehashed a thousand times with a vast back catalog that stretches for miles. But, Carmen kicks ass (no matter what anyone says) and by all the accounts Morrissey's voice is in top form and from those that have been to the shows by all accounts says the band and Moz sounds great and that they had a splendid evening.

Someone should leak the single with the photo of Miley and Moz as the cover and feat. Miley Cyrus in big letters with a big arrow pointing to her and Columbia in association with Capitol records proudly presents... at the top.

Morrissey was probably second only to Paul McCartney as the most respected singer / songwriter on the planet. The guy has written some of the greatest songs ever recorded in the history of pop / rock music. Many of us here (myself included) were fortunate enough to see The Smiths play live. I bought their debut record the day it came out no kidding! It is sad to see the current state of Morrissey. He was simply so extraordinary and still is this very day. It is sad to see him groveling over Miley Cyrus for gods sake and targeting the CEO of Capitol records which is one of the most prestigious record companies on the planet (and there are not many left). Scott (his former agent) said he had a great team behind him and that all he needed to do was re-record the track with another even better singer. If he would have taken his advice, BOT would have been released, and Morrissey would be one step ahead of the Stones with the production. As it stands, he does cover songs of Country singers and plays tired setlists that he has rehashed a thousand times with a vast back catalog that stretches for miles. But, Carmen kicks ass (no matter what anyone says) and by all the accounts Morrissey's voice is in top form and from those that have been to the shows by all accounts says the band and Moz sounds great and that they had a splendid evening.

This is the true pity. Morrissey could be a global phenomenon and selling out stadiums like the Cure or Depeche Mode if he'd played his cards right. He has the talent and the back catalog for it. Instead he is a washed up, small act, groveling for Miley Cyrus crumbs. Sad.

he really screwed the pooch by not re-recording Bonfire with Alain and an actual band when they recorded Without Music with Joe Chiccarelli.

he really screwed the pooch by not re-recording Bonfire with Alain and an actual band when they recorded Without Music with Joe Chiccarelli.
Alain was already on it. They can just take the guitar part from that. Or maybe it was Josh? idk

In fact, the only thing I know about Miley Cyrus is her riding a fake cock on stage and shoving her pussy in your face. To each his own, but is this not essentially her stage act? On the one hand Morrissey is a thug for targeting the CEO of Capitol records for no reason or basis to do so, but on the other I really feel sorry for the guy to be so desperate that he thinks Miley Cyrus is going to salvage his career when in fact as it turns out she contributed to the ongoing never ending destruction of it. Poor guy.
I would not say he's a "thug" for blaming Capitol's CEO, because he may have his reasons to be really angry...
Nor a "poor guy" for having maybe truly believed Miley could be a honest fan, when she prooved she was after all not one -letting him down for sole financial reasons, which is not what a fan would do. I would just call him naive for having thought she would as a fan suport him, which again she didn't.
She prooved that her being a "fan" was yet another "Hey I'm cool" fake attitude...
Maybe the same goes with her others "comitments" 🤔

Have we come to the point where if a female is involved in any kind of "drama" people automatically assume that them being a woman is part of it? Why even bring it up in the first place? How can someone see this kind of "drama" and write "Ah yes, yet another male vs female issue", when sex is totally irrelevant in this discussion? Talking about Scott's tweets and some people commenting here. Keep this modern bullshit over the pond, please.

Mental illness, I swear
“Terrance Stamp” introduced gender to the proceedings by tweeting Scott that his industry has a gender inequality problem.

I think Morrissey should let the album come out without Miley, I really should. Just mute her vocal and move on, unlock his career. This could all be sorted in a day.

If he is so desperate for us to hear her vocal he can arrange for it to be leaked after the album has launched. Everyone now knows it’s her, if he times it right he could get a bit of second phase interest in the song and maybe the album. Not something her generally gets.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom