SER - cryptic FB post re: B sides

The Facebook post is limited audience so I didn't post it as you probably won't see it - so pictured instead:

41444_ser_bsides.png

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is he's talking about the current b-sides. If the Ramones cover is any indication , I'm in. Its a pretty fierce performance. You'll be gone hopefully will be as good. Wonder if they will all be live tracks?
This is exactly why I used the term cryptic.
I suspect, although more tracks would be welcomed, he is probably referring to the Spent & Jacky's live tracks as you say.
Given he got Spent early, he probably has You'll Be Gone to listen to and was attempting to communicate that, but unwittingly started the B-side album ball rolling again.
Regards,
FWD.

I think that BMG are planning to release WPINOYB with its new front cover sometime early next year (probably Feb/March to coincide with the tour).

Based on the success of that, they might move towards releasing a compilation album containing the WPINOYB bonus tracks, the 2011 Janice Long session songs, and previously unreleased LIHS bonus tracks.
Considering the length of time Morrissey promoted Action Is My Middle Name, and the extent to which he included People Are The Same Everywhere and One Of Our Own in his setlists, it would seem appropriate to give them an official album release. Also, if this is the case, BMG might have suggested not releasing any new b-side material for LIHS so that the compilation can be promoted as containing new material.

Is this just speculation or do you have some insider knowledge?

Just because SER said the tracks are good....do you really believe him? His taste has been a little suspect with all those half naked women photos. Truthfully, it would be great if they were because I am struggling with most of the tracks on this new album. Ask yourself...what track do you get excited about playing again after hearing the album in it's entirety? How many tracks do you skip when you go back to play it through again? That is the first true test of a great album. This is the least commercial record he has every made.

The ONLY track i skip is YOURS.... oops, you haven't published nor copyrighted one.

Apologies. When you do, come back and let us all laugh loudly !

Because you won't.

Hazard
x

The ONLY track i skip is YOURS.... oops, you haven't published nor copyrighted one.

Apologies. When you do, come back and let us all laugh loudly !

Because you won't.

Hazard
x

Ridiculous logic. By your argument anyone who goes to a sporting event isn't entitled to criticize because they've never played the sport. Stop being wrong.

This is exactly why I used the term cryptic.
I suspect, although more tracks would be welcomed, he is probably referring to the Spent & Jacky's live tracks as you say.
Given he got Spent early, he probably has You'll Be Gone to listen to and was attempting to communicate that, but unwittingly started the B-side album ball rolling again.
Regards,
FWD.

But Joe Chiccarelli did imply in his recent interview that there were more songs recorded, adding that the choice of which songs made the album and which ones where cut was a heartbreaking decision. And that 'My Love' was almost cut.

Is this just speculation or do you have some insider knowledge?

That's SPECULATION. Albeit if they go into the studio in late Jan/early Feb 2018 then we have another album on the way again.....

Viva Morrissey,

Hazard

I'll be honest. I did tell someone that Comic Book Nightmare was going to be heading Morrissey's way, only to see it appear on Boz Boorer's wonderful 2017 album AGE OF BOOM.

That said, I do hope that they get into the studio AGAIN asap. Like February !

I really hope that Boy Spacey and When you open your legs (and close your borders) make it onto the special edition.

But Joe Chiccarelli did imply in his recent interview that there were more songs recorded, adding that the choice of which songs made the album and which ones where cut was a heartbreaking decision. And that 'My Love' was almost cut.

I do hope that they will actually release them. It would be a bit bemusing if they didn't anyway, seeing as it would be a good money maker. One of those times where the record label's commercial interests may play into our hands...

As someone else suggesting, a new Swords-esque release would be good, with the bonus disc tracks of WPINOYB, LIHS and then either the Janice Long or the Studio in Session versions of Action is my middle name etc.

I think that BMG are planning to release WPINOYB with its new front cover sometime early next year (probably Feb/March to coincide with the tour).

Based on the success of that, they might move towards releasing a compilation album containing the WPINOYB bonus tracks, the 2011 Janice Long session songs, and previously unreleased LIHS bonus tracks.
Considering the length of time Morrissey promoted Action Is My Middle Name, and the extent to which he included People Are The Same Everywhere and One Of Our Own in his setlists, it would seem appropriate to give them an official album release. Also, if this is the case, BMG might have suggested not releasing any new b-side material for LIHS so that the compilation can be promoted as containing new material.
That is some seriously detailed speculation. The day PATSE is released officially will be a cold day in hell. That song is god f***ing awful.

That would be delightful, I forgot Action is my middle name existed! I really loved that.

but...

but....

....what about 'Kid's A Looker'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be delightful, I forgot Action is my middle name existed! I really loved that.

I was actually disappointed when it wasn't on World Peace, seeing as it was unreleased (except as a random B-Side) at the time.

Is 'Boy Spacey' a new version of 'Kid's A Looker'?

I'm actually surprised the Sun haven't used that song title to throw a bit of shit in his direction... Although then again, with comments like the ones he has made recently, maybe they don't need any more ammunition... :paranoid:

That is some seriously detailed speculation. The day PATSE is released officially will be a cold day in hell. That song is god f***ing awful.

Good song that.
Clueless as ever, Adam, you snarling diplodocus !!

Ridiculous logic. By your argument anyone who goes to a sporting event isn't entitled to criticize because they've never played the sport. Stop being wrong.

But, dearest Unkle Skinny , EVERYBODY is running to the exit because we do not know
what CRITICIZE means. Nor ridiculous. And logic ? That's rich coming from you.

Cue lights,
Hazard
x

I'm actually surprised the Sun haven't used that song title to throw a bit of shit in his direction... Although then again, with comments like the ones he has made recently, maybe they don't need any more ammunition... :paranoid:

Good job they haven't heard about High School Lover.....

Hazard
x

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom