Should 'All You Need is Me' be released as the next single?

Should 'All You Need is Me' be released as the next single?

• Total voters

Maurice E

Did a lot better than 'That's How People Lose Fans' in Houdini Poll but would you like to see it released as a single, maybe in a couple of month's time?

Yep, it definitely should be the next single. I love it. Much more than THPGU. If it had been up to me, it would have been his first 'new' single, but it wasn't up to me... unfortunately...me not being in his management team and all. :)

Yep, it definitely should be the next single. I love it. Much more than THPGU. If it had been up to me, it would have been his first 'new' single, but it wasn't up to me... unfortunately...me not being in his management team and all. :)

eh,eh :D

It's a great song !! :guitar:

I'd love to see "Something Is Squeezing My Skull" released as the next single....

It may well indeed be a single but that wouldn't be til the autumn when it would potentially precede the new studio album...

For what it's worth, I think 'All You Need is Me' should be a single but only if they stick on new b-sides (e.g. Paris, One Day).
Without new stuff, it'd probably be the first Moz single to miss the top 20 since the Maladjusted era. Not great for morale!

I voted "not sure", I love AYNIM but I'm not sure this song would be very interesting to non-fans. But who knows :rolleyes:
I'd love "Something Is Squeezing My Skull" to be a single...

I don't feel sure about All You Need Is Me as a song but it would probably do well as the next single.

Yes I think it should.

I love the bass in this song - it just drives it home for me.

David Quantick said this one sounded like 'T.Rex played by the dead' - my how we laughed (I do actually think it's a funny line, but TOTALLY inaccurate - the band is ROCKING!)- but upon reflection, if you listen there IS a Marc Bolan inflection in Morrissey's vocal.

I voted "not sure", I love AYNIM but I'm not sure this song would be very interesting to non-fans. But who knows :rolleyes:

I'd love "Something Is Squeezing My Skull" to be a single...

I beg to differ on the first point, I think newbies would like it too (tho he really is talking to "US" :D)

I may agree with you on the second :rolleyes: As much as I'd love AYNIM to be a single, -it's MY fave so far- to me... its been 'heard already' and is familiar enough that I think a newer new one :p would sell even better. Tho I think it would do well if released. I personally like Mama over Skull but side slightly with releasing one of those instead of 'Me"...

I'm really happy his new material is so good (well, outside of 'throw up')

I really like the song, but it was on the greatest hits so without new material for b sides i think it will struggle to make an impact.
Can't wait for the new album in the autumn, the new songs were brilliant live.

I beg to differ on the first point, I think newbies would like it too (tho he really is talking to "US" :D)

I may agree with you on the second :rolleyes: As much as I'd love AYNIM to be a single, -it's MY fave so far- to me... its been 'heard already' and is familiar enough that I think a newer new one :p would sell even better. Tho I think it would do well if released. I personally like Mama over Skull but side slightly with releasing one of those instead of 'Me"...

I'm really happy his new material is so good (well, outside of 'throw up')

Moz would not be releasing All You Need is Me instead of Mama or Skull.
All You Need is on Greatest Hits; it will be released imminently (next couple of months) or not at all.
The other songs are on the new album, out in Oct. So the preceding single (which could be Mama, Skull or one of the 10 others) would be out one or two weeks before i.e. late September (or thereabouts).

Looks like about two thirds of us would like AYNIM released...

No - if it's a high chart placing he wants

Yes - if it's new fans he wants, particularly of the more "mature" sort.

AYNIM would get extensive radio play (on Radio2) and lots of people would be saying they like it - but would never dream of buying it in single format. Also, they wouldn't notice or care that it bombs in the charts because, well, no-one really CARES about the charts, do they?

Back
Top Bottom